4A DIV II REGION II SEMI-FINALS: Gilmer Vs. Pleasant Grove - 7:30 @ Allen Eagles Stadium

Sportsguru02

Gilmer vs Pleasant Grove  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/2018 at 01:30 AM

9 hours ago, DevelopQB said:

That would have been great.   Sold out!

Yes, there is nothing better than a packed stadium with standing room only.  Adds to the excitement of the game.  But you have some that think it’s not a “big” game unless it’s in a big stadium.  Having 3/4 of the stadium empty makes the game feel like a scrimmage.

15 hours ago, 68Hornet said:

Had nothing to do with it. Nobody knew who was going to win and the four coaches agreed on Allen. If it had been Fairfield and Connally playing they didn't want to play in East Texas. A decision had to be made to lock up a good stadium for the third round.

So since Lorena is one of the four teams in this scenario, a possible Gilmer/Pittsburg game in Allen is possible?

I picked Gilmer. I think they are peaking right now. I believe they are healthy, to which they were missing some starters, including their best player, last time these two played. The Buckeye defense will need to continue playing at a high level. I think they will be up for the challenge, should be a good game.

21 hours ago, MoveTheChain said:

Does anyone like the Allen Stadium?  I went to a Longview playoff game there last year and I'll admit, the stadium looks very, very nice, but the seats are jammed WAY too close together and made the experience less than comfortable.  It was extremely difficult to get out and back down your row, to go to concessions and restrooms.  Maybe it's just me? 

The whole thing was sinking in to the Earth a few years ago. Wasn't it condemned for a year or something?

19 hours ago, DWH73 said:

Coach Steve York talked to the person managing the stadium. He said there is NOT a clear bag policy, so no worries there. But they do charge $5 for car/SUV/truck parking and $10 for 15-passenger van or RV's. Pass along.

Charging for parking too...pretty crappy. 

48 minutes ago, bluesky said:

Yes, there is nothing better than a packed stadium with standing room only.  Adds to the excitement of the game.  But you have some that think it’s not a “big” game unless it’s in a big stadium.  Having 3/4 of the stadium empty makes the game feel like a scrimmage.

Yeah, that's the way the game at Toyota Park in Frisco felt last year.

2 hours ago, Jedi94 said:

Good. Because jasper never would answer the phone last week the when and where is still in doubt and people need to make plans. At least gilmer and pg fans know what they need to. Wos and jasper fans r still waiting. It's not far to the fans I think they need to know 

True

23 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

You are out ur mind if u think Jackson didn’t cause that much damage you had to take two guys to block him so yes it messed the scheme up I’m not saying u guys don’t have any other good players but I will ganruntee u we won’t be shut out this game 

Probably not but that is the goal. We shut ya'll out last time, no reason to think we can't to it again.

23 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

66-14.  Let that sink in.  That’s the score of the Gilmer vs Carthage game in Gilmer earlier this year.

Yea, yea, kinda like 14 when it was 58-21 , and that one could of been much worse aswell, guess that one didn't sink in with you, lol, and we could do this all day long, and I think Gilmer still holds the edge in that match up, and with that being said, I feel that shoe will be reversed many times, before its over,  its no secret Gilmer has some obstacles to overcome, but they have improved...some...in the past few games, especially on defense, and the last 2 games we've played with a single QB, so I look for them to improve on offense aswell, especially if the Oline could find away to play to their potential, ifs are ifs for sure, but IF, lol, Gilmer can continue to improve, anything could happen! 

11 minutes ago, OLEMAN said:

I think the PG D is good enough to stop Gilmer 50 % of the time.  Don’t know if the Buckeye D can do the same.  PG is down a bit from last year on defense but they are still pretty good

I’d say defense this year is better than many years in the past. Gilmer usually does not  have just a great defense. Typically  good enough though. Offense is not near as strong this year puts much more pressure on defense. 

• Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, GTownballer said:

Yea, yea, kinda like 14 when it was 58-21 , and that one could of been much worse aswell, guess that one didn't sink in with you, lol, and we could do this all day long, and I think Gilmer still holds the edge in that match up, and with that being said, I feel that shoe will be reversed many times, before its over,  its no secret Gilmer has some obstacles to overcome, but they have improved...some...in the past few games, especially on defense, and the last 2 games we've played with a single QB, so I look for them to improve on offense aswell, especially if the Oline could find away to play to their potential, ifs are ifs for sure, but IF, lol, Gilmer can continue to improve, anything could happen! 

Carthage actually leads the series 8-6 going back to 54

1 hour ago, Eagleborn said:

Lol. Saying PG would win got me a poop. 

Surprised there was any poops left after all y’all been pooping on Turner and staff all season. 

Anyways, good luck. 

U sho right. I admire Tatum guys on here. Y’all House could be burning down! No negative words from y’all that I saw  Those of us on the outside never knew any different. Go Buckeyes 

1 minute ago, BandDirector said:

U sho right. I admire Tatum guys on here. Y’all House could be burning down! No negative words from y’all that I saw  Those of us on the outside never knew any different. Go Buckeyes 

Running folks down on a message board ain’t my cup of tea. 

• Stinks 2

45 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Running folks down on a message board ain’t my cup of tea. 

I agree   I do enjoy drinking and Smoakying  though 😂😂😂. I can watch others temperature rise through their text     Funny part is they think they bothering me. 

I hope we don’t play Tatum or Gladewater in the next few years 

8 hours ago, bluesky said:

Very true.  Although it’s fun to go to the state championship games it feel sort of that way there because there are a ton of empty seats and only a small percentage of the people there are really cheering on the two teams playing 

Gilmer will have to play mistake free to have a chance, and PG will have to make a couple of mistakes.

The problem playing PG is they just don't give a team many possessions.  They will drain the clock, possess the football, and grind out first downs.  If they get a lead, they can be really tough to deal with.  

Gilmer has been a really slow starter in many games this season. If they get down 2 or 3 touchdowns, I don't see them coming back against PG.  If they can keep it close to the 4th quarter, maybe they can pull off the upset.

PG will limit the run game from Gilmer. They bottled up Connally's 2,000 yrd. rusher and only allowed 6 points. OK I know Connally is not Gilmer, but that RB is the area leading rusher and a beast. Gilmer will have to go to the air to beat PG but that PG Pass D is getting better also. Yea I know PG tends to give up a big pass play in most of their games but I think they have like 14 picks this year. I am more concerned with turnovers. PG has to protect the football. As far as the Jackson injury goes, That's not going to be a bigger issue in this game as the turnovers. Carthage eliminated Jackson and PG still played that game down to the wire and it was not because PG got pressure on their QB and there is no way that Gilmer is a better passing team than Carthage. Its really easy to predict games for the hawks... If they don't turn the ball over they win and if you look at the LE game the Hawks turned the ball over 4 times in the first half. They didn't turn it over any in the second half and came back and won. That right there tells you all you need to know about the Hawks. If they play sound football they are a tough team to beat period!

• Like 1

It's always hard to beat a team twice in the same season as we found out against Rusk but I think P G pulls away early . Their defense is just going to be too much for Gilmer.

Rusk was much improved from the first time we met and Gilmer is better but we all are better now . Turn overs and special team play will be the difference.

42-21 P G