Carlisle vs. Tenaha

FearTheSpear78

Carlisle vs. Tenaha  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/30/2018 at 11:16 PM

1 hour ago, Crawford said:

If the Tigers can keep from turning the ball over unlike the Rams did, they should win.

Tigers by 7

Both Carlisle and Joaquin lost a fumble, granted Carlisle returned its recovery 68 yards for a TD but Turner’s fumble came at the Joaquin 12. So it appears to me both teams had a crucial turnover. 

3 minutes ago, Playfor77 said:

Both Carlisle and Joaquin lost a fumble, granted Carlisle returned its recovery 68 yards for a TD but Turner’s fumble came at the Joaquin 12. So it appears to me both teams had a crucial turnover. 

We also had the botched punt that gave Carlisle a short field. If you count that, Carlisle is +1 in turnovers. 

Not gonna bring any bs to this thread this week, it's pretty straight forward and cut and dried. 

Carlisle has to send a dog after tenaha qb every play and force him Mobile. They have to dog Jay Lloyd and play man lock on the recievers. Secondary won't have to cover but for about 2.5 seconds and then it'll be over one way or the other. 

Defensively, the Tigers have to contain turner and the recievers. No one has really been able to do this all year, but here we are in the third round and the comp is really good. I'm sure Tamp has gotta good game plan for this as he is a wiz for D. He saw us Friday night and knows what he has got to get done. 

11 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Not gonna bring any bs to this thread this week, it's pretty straight forward and cut and dried. 

Carlisle has to send a dog after tenaha qb every play and force him Mobile. They have to dog Jay Lloyd and play man lock on the recievers. Secondary won't have to cover but for about 2.5 seconds and then it'll be over one way or the other. 

Defensively, the Tigers have to contain turner and the recievers. No one has really been able to do this all year, but here we are in the third round and the comp is really good. I'm sure Tamp has gotta good game plan for this as he is a wiz for D. He saw us Friday night and knows what he has got to get done. 

Tiger qb doesn’t hold the ball long. He has predetermined reads. If his first read is covered he will pull it down and sprint out right and throw a jump ball to his WR. Simple zone blockn for Tiger off line. So gap it up and don’t let Lloyd have an initial hole.  He runs hard and if ya let em get going then he can cause problems. Qb doesn’t wanna run it. Get to em and hit em and he has a tendency to get timid. Tigers have a def lineman Brock that can take over a game if healthy. Carlisle QB is special talent and even if the defense is ran perfectly he can still make kids miss. Reminds me alot of Rashaud Paul. Tigers never had any luck against Paul. Carlisle defense has relentless effort and Indians have a few other weapons in #25 #3. I just don’t see Tenaha having what it takes to get it done.

23 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Tiger qb doesn’t hold the ball long. He has predetermined reads. If his first read is covered he will pull it down and sprint out right and throw a jump ball to his WR. Simple zone blockn for Tiger off line. So gap it up and don’t let Lloyd have an initial hole.  He runs hard and if ya let em get going then he can cause problems. Qb doesn’t wanna run it. Get to em and hit em and he has a tendency to get timid. Tigers have a def lineman Brock that can take over a game if healthy. Carlisle QB is special talent and even if the defense is ran perfectly he can still make kids miss. Reminds me alot of Rashaud Paul. Tigers never had any luck against Paul. Carlisle defense has relentless effort and Indians have a few other weapons in #25 #3. I just don’t see Tenaha having what it takes to get it done.

I agree that Turner is the X factor. I think he’s good enough to keep them in a game with just about anyone. However, I see Tenaha having a distinct edge in talent at RB and WR. They are running the ball much better now than they did when they played us. I think this will be another high scoring game. The difference will be which defense can get stops. On team defense, I give the edge to Carlisle. For Tenaha to pull it out, I think they need a couple of big plays in the kicking game. 

I'm gonna assume that walker is gonna be zeroing Lloyd all night and will get a high tackle number because of all his carries, hoping they are at the Los and not in the second level as this would force more passing and better opportunities for picks. 

This should be a great game with two defensive minded dudes playing chess.. Hope like heck I'm there to see it and it's not raining. Fair weather will allow both offenses to use all their weapons unincumbered. Js 

3 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I agree that Turner is the X factor. I think he’s good enough to keep them in a game with just about anyone. However, I see Tenaha having a distinct edge in talent at RB and WR. They are running the ball much better now than they did when they played us. I think this will be another high scoring game. The difference will be which defense can get stops. On team defense, I give the edge to Carlisle. For Tenaha to pull it out, I think they need a couple of big plays in the kicking game. 

If the wind ain't blowing real hard, I look for our senior kicker to try putting it out of the endzone when nessassary. If the wind is up look for tricks.. Js 

38 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Tiger qb puts alot of air on the ball.....Allowing 5 to get under it for the int. Tenaha should have blown out Cville. This is not the Tenaha team of years past. Carlisle will put pressure on qb. This will cause trouble for the Tigers.  Depth is a real issue for Tigers currently. Few injuries have the Tigers extremely young at key positions.

43 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

I'm gonna assume that walker is gonna be zeroing Lloyd all night and will get a high tackle number because of all his carries, hoping they are at the Los and not in the second level as this would force more passing and better opportunities for picks. 

This should be a great game with two defensive minded dudes playing chess.. Hope like heck I'm there to see it and it's not raining. Fair weather will allow both offenses to use all their weapons unincumbered. Js 

Forecast is rain Thur Fri and Sat

20 minutes ago, RipperRipper said:

Screenshot_20181125-161240.png

I’m trying to understand how they’re the spoiler when they’ve been ranked the highest out of Region 3 teams basically all year? Not a knock on Carlisle at all, cause I think they’ve earned that ranking, but do the DCTF folks not read their own polls? 

3 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I’m trying to understand how they’re the spoiler when they’ve been ranked the highest out of Region 3 teams basically all year? Not a knock on Carlisle at all, cause I think they’ve earned that ranking, but do the DCTF folks not read their own polls? 

Boss, maybe they think, dare I speak the heresy? That we could win it all with our renowned slowness? Lol