Carlisle vs. Tenaha

FearTheSpear78

Carlisle vs. Tenaha  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/30/2018 at 11:16 PM

I didn't think Carlisle would win this, but I thought it'd be a little closer. That TO in the end zone at the end of the first half really hurt, and Carlisle picked the worst time of the season to have its worse showing offensively. Made Tenaha's D look better than it is. They gave up 38 to C'ville last week, yet Carlisle probably had 200 yards of offense in the game.

Doesn't surprise me that Tenaha has made it this far. They played for state last year and are always in the semifinals or finals. So this was no surprise really. Was hoping David could win this time though.

14 hours ago, SmokyBurgess said:

I didn't think Carlisle would win this, but I thought it'd be a little closer. That TO in the end zone at the end of the first half really hurt, and Carlisle picked the worst time of the season to have its worse showing offensively. Made Tenaha's D look better than it is. They gave up 38 to C'ville last week, yet Carlisle probably had 200 yards of offense in the game.

Doesn't surprise me that Tenaha has made it this far. They played for state last year and are always in the semifinals or finals. So this was no surprise really. Was hoping David could win this time though.

Tenaha had only 4 true returning starters All State DE Brock FS Jay Lloyd, SS Soto, and DT Calloway.  Held SA to 0 points also Lovelady 2 points.    Played Troup a big senior team with over 1100 kids to the wire Had chance to beat Garrison  if the QB runs it in for the TD like he did against Centerville last week. Joaquin was rivalry game and will always be even if there team is not good they will play Tenaha hard who has ruled class A football in this region for over a decade. The defense has play pretty good I would say.   Tenaha is loaded with juniors! Carlisle was in our district for years I had my best games against them in both football and basketball. Maybe if they can get a kid from Arp, then one from West Rusk or steal one from Henderson they'll see ATT stadium next decade. Like I said before if Tenaha wins the region 3 which Dave Campbell predicted them Carlisle and Beckville to do. You will hear the same #### go up to 3A Div 2 were there is competition and you'll see the same results because those kids have to much tradition to quite.  FYI Carlisle only had 125 yards of total offense this game score could've have been worse!

14 hours ago, SmokyBurgess said:

Why? Makes no sense. They played for state last year and brought back their best player. I figured they'd win this one today. 

Jay Lloyd was not the best player on last years State Finalist team at all the WR, the QB, and RB were all All State plus we lost all three of our stud linebackers and Big Lilly at DE as well All State O line. Jay Lloyd is the best player on this new team as well DE Brock! Tri Gardner could play on Carthage's State Championship team

27 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

Still can't believe we held that offense to 7 points and team to 14.  Carlisle averaged 50 points a game.  Lol.  Wasn't expecting that.  

Tigers                            Indians

386        Total Yds.          125

73           Passing.            113

313        Rushing.               12

1.            Turnover.               5

25 minutes ago, Grayghost said:

Tigers                            Indians

386        Total Yds.          125

73           Passing.            113

313        Rushing.               12

1.            Turnover.               5

I’m telling you, that staff saw something last Friday that they knew they could exploit. They knew there were some matchups they could win. Great job by that staff. Coach Jenkins is good people. 

19 hours ago, Greezychef said:

12 yards rushing.   

Holy ####, is that for real? 

Wow, that's really impressive. I figured Tenaha might take this one, but I didn't think they'd shut down the run game.

Limit the pass game? Sure. But totally shut down Turner? Very very impressive.

I haven't watched any clips or highlight Greezy, what was the gameplan on D? 

6 hours ago, AKA said:

Holy ####, is that for real? 

Wow, that's really impressive. I figured Tenaha might take this one, but I didn't think they'd shut down the run game.

Limit the pass game? Sure. But totally shut down Turner? Very very impressive.

I haven't watched any clips or highlight Greezy, what was the gameplan on D? 

I'm superstitious when the wind blows the ball off the tee for opening kickoff, I knew the pass game was in trouble. We threw the ball in that wind anyway... You see the results. 

Then we couldn't stop their run game, you see the results.. When you become one dimensional and can't block the defensive line, you see the result.. Js 

50 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

I'm superstitious when the wind blows the ball off the tee for opening kickoff, I knew the pass game was in trouble. We threw the ball in that wind anyway... You see the results. 

Then we couldn't stop their run game, you see the results.. When you become one dimensional and can't block the defensive line, you see the result.. Js 

Sorry Chain the wind had nothing to do with your pass game being ineffective. Carlisle throws so 50/50 balls and got away with on the Joaquin game. Tenaha had the size to match your WR. As good as #5 is he is not a precision passer. He scrambles and and DB comes off WR to tackle him and he simply throws over everyone's head to a wide open WR. Tenaha had the LB to match up physically with #5 and the DB to match the WR.....You guys have an awesome team but picked a bad time to have your worst game. When ya watch film Joe had the worst game of the  year defensively as well. But sometimes its the offensive weapons that make you make mistakes  that ya typically don't make.......

On 11/25/2018 at 11:50 AM, Doomer said:

I think I will pick the Tigers by two scores. Hallsville has a zero weapons policy for Bobcat Stadium and Injuns can't handel big cats with no arrows or knifes.  100% TrueStorie

Looks like o Doomy called his shot this week...............not to brag or nothin