Carlisle vs. Tenaha

FearTheSpear78

Carlisle vs. Tenaha  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/30/2018 at 11:16 PM

54 minutes ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

But if I have to pick a fave outta the 4, it’s Carlisle hands down. Don’t feel like there’s a team left up here that can beat them. Joe came the closest. They seemed to have matched up really well. 

Carlisle does have a lot of weapons. IF Tenaha is really running on fumes and not just catching their second wind, I can see the Injuns wearing  them down. That’s a pretty big IF. Provided that happens, the winner of Garrison/ SA will present a whole new set of challenges, primarily a SEC sized O-line. I’m rooting for our neighbors this week, simply because I know almost as many kids on their team as I do on ours, and I count pretty much their entire coaching staff as friends. 

10 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

He is under the radar most of the time, but comes up aces when rock needs something.. Came up big in that Troup game, if I'm not mistaken he is the one that blasted that ball loose from the rb and gave us the 7 points we needed. Our defense bends and bends till we can find any weakness and it don't matter how little, whether it's a sloppy ball handler or a easy access tomahawk chop on a football or anything really.. They are always looking for free money.. And they are fun to watch.. Lol 

You have the last name right, but it was Alex Garza who knocked the ball loose at the end of the Troup game, but Louie has gotten better every game and he and Jamion both are a force at linebacker. Louie had two tackles for loss just before he scooped up that fumble. He is second on the team in tackles, has 25 tackles for loss and eight sacks. Jamion is third in tackles, has 18 tackles for loss and leads the team with nine sacks. It’s hard to believe anyone else had two outside linebackers with that kind of speed.

1 minute ago, trueblue82 said:

Carlisle does have a lot of weapons. IF Tenaha is really running on fumes and not just catching their second wind, I can see the Injuns wearing  them down. That’s a pretty big IF. Provided that happens, the winner of Garrison/ SA will present a whole new set of challenges, primarily a SEC sized O-line. I’m rooting for our neighbors this week, simply because I know almost as many kids on their team as I do on ours, and I count pretty much their entire coaching staff as friends. 

Big we can handle, buck fifty and jailbreak offense is a little harder to track the ball.. Js 

3 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Big we can handle, buck fifty and jailbreak offense is a little harder to track the ball.. Js 

Yeah we traded y’all pretty much even punches on offense. It really came down to which defense made the big play. Hats off to Rocky on the halftime adjustments. But as far as big, I’ve only seen SA on film, so I can’t tell you as much on them. Garrison is not just big. You’re looking at five man-child’s up front. We’re talking big ole corn fed hay haulin’ hog wrasslin’ country boys that, since they started playing junior high ball have been squaring off with Newton, Corrigan-Camden and Crockett. They ain’t just big, they’re tough and they’ve been the little dog in the fight up until this year. Now it’s their turn to be the bully and they like it. They’re gonna be a tough out for anyone. 

9 minutes ago, Playfor77 said:

You have the last name right, but it was Alex Garza who knocked the ball loose at the end of the Troup game, but Louie has gotten better every game and he and Jamion both are a force at linebacker. Louie had two tackles for loss just before he scooped up that fumble. He is second on the team in tackles, has 25 tackles for loss and eight sacks. Jamion is third in tackles, has 18 tackles for loss and leads the team with nine sacks. It’s hard to believe anyone else had two outside linebackers with that kind of speed.

#14 was the kid to hustle 20yds down field to put the hat on#8 to get him gimp the rest of the night.

9 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Yeah we traded y’all pretty much even punches on offense. It really came down to which defense made the big play. Hats off to Rocky on the halftime adjustments. But as far as big, I’ve only seen SA on film, so I can’t tell you as much on them. Garrison is not just big. You’re looking at five man-child’s up front. We’re talking big ole corn fed hay haulin’ hog wrasslin’ country boys that, since they started playing junior high ball have been squaring off with Newton, Corrigan-Camden and Crockett. They ain’t just big, they’re tough and they’ve been the little dog in the fight up until this year. Now it’s their turn to be the bully and they like it. They’re gonna be a tough out for anyone. 

I've seen both, they are pretty good sized boys. But again, it's the Lil fellers all rolling same direction and shuffling the ball around that gave us probs. Big dude's we can handle a Lil better. We've played three teams this year already with massive o lines and did OK. But that's a horse to ride after we deal with what's in front of us this week. One rodeo at a time... Lol 

13 hours ago, SAWolfman said:

We went in wanting them.  Just didnt have the defense to do it.

Wolf, if I'm not mistaken, kj was gimpy sort of with turf-toe and murr was fubar in the ankles. That drop of absolute offensive striking power put yalls defense in jeopardy by number of offensive play generation loss. That in turn would have give the DC time to try and find somthin that worked to slow Refugio down or at least kept pace with them offensively. Js.. Murr mobile and unhindered is a hard kid to stop and kj able to cut for real and come back on a defender is hard to stop man. 

15 hours ago, RipperRipper said:

I think our chances are better with other regions than getting out of this one in one piece. Not to take anything away from our Indians, but Teneha, Garrison or SA will all be tough. I'd rather see us play Mason, Shiner or Refugio than one of these. :) J S

😂  wow!

4 hours ago, RipperRipper said:

Sabine and Troup were big up front.

New Boston was large also, although they played badly they moved pretty good to be bigly. Nothing like Troup or Sabine tho. 

And I know this sounds dumb but James Bowie was way bigger than us across the boards.. Until we played Joe we've never really been as big or bigger than our opponents. And Joe had a couple pretty good sized kids in the lines to be honest. 

1 hour ago, upullinmychain said:

New Boston was large also, although they played badly they moved pretty good to be bigly. Nothing like Troup or Sabine tho. 

And I know this sounds dumb but James Bowie was way bigger than us across the boards.. Until we played Joe we've never really been as big or bigger than our opponents. And Joe had a couple pretty good sized kids in the lines to be honest. 

Our biggest O-lineman is 220#. The rest are 160-185.