Carlisle vs. Tenaha

FearTheSpear78

Carlisle vs. Tenaha  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/30/2018 at 11:16 PM

1 minute ago, upullinmychain said:

I'm good with it, just checking on yall... Lol 

I’m 100% emotionally detached from all programs. I just like a good ballgame. The old Alma mater was Joaquin decades ago so I’m slightly partial but I just like East TX West Louisiana ball. Seen many a good games, seen many a good teams, seen many a good players. I really really like all 4 of these schools left. And I want East TX to bring as many titles in as possible 

The Carlisle I remember had the most enormous lineman. And the most hard nosed backs. When you played them, you’d better strap up. Not sure if anyone remembers but the used to have this lineman in the early 2000s that was like 6’8” 260 and they’d put him at tailback on goal line situations. Straight brutal.

This year is a whole new animal. They kill you with a thousand knife cuts instead of trying to kill you with on hammer.

30 minutes ago, Foozball said:

Ask them.

Ive seen several games from several teams this year. Carlisle Vs Alto. Carlisle Vs Troup. I watched Joaquin Vs Garrison and I watched Joaquin Vs Carlisle.

Im telling you. People don’t quite understand. That Joaquin game that had y’all sweating last week. Garrison had a contender like that every week (minus Harleton). And they snuffed out all contenders convincingly. 

Carlisle hasn’t faced that schedule. Carlisle has had to dig deep once and that was last Friday. Garrison has been digging deep and uprooting teams all year. 

I just asked them... they told me to ask you about that first game against Alto that they only won by 14.  Then they said to ask you about giving up 35 points to a bad Linden Kildare team and a bad Beckville team that they barely beat.  They also wanted me to mention giving up 28 to a bad Groveton team.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Instigator said:

I just asked them... they told me to ask you about that first game against Alto that they only won by 14.  Then they said to ask you about giving up 35 points to a bad Linden Kildare team and a bad Beckville team that they barely beat.  They also wanted me to mention giving up 28 to a bad Groveton team.

I figured Alto would be too concussed from their recent mollywhopping to even form a set of questions with any cogency. Impressive. 

9 minutes ago, Foozball said:

I’m 100% emotionally detached from all programs. I just like a good ballgame. The old Alma mater was Joaquin decades ago so I’m slightly partial but I just like East TX West Louisiana ball. Seen many a good games, seen many a good teams, seen many a good players. I really really like all 4 of these schools left. And I want East TX to bring as many titles in as possible 

You claim to be emotionally detached from any team yet you keep calling Carlisle the ‘big bad bogeyman’.

7 minutes ago, Playfor77 said:

You claim to be emotionally detached from any team yet you keep calling Carlisle the ‘big bad bogeyman’.

Are they not? They have blown out all opponents but 2. Is this not the most talented Carlisle team? I’ve seen several posts from people saying “we do really well against big teams it’s the little fast teams we struggle with.” 

Well y’all beat the last small quick team. It’s only big teams left and y’all do really well against them so by that logic the teams left need to be more worried about Carlisle than Carlisle of them. Or am I wrong?

2 hours ago, Foozball said:

The Carlisle I remember had the most enormous lineman. And the most hard nosed backs. When you played them, you’d better strap up. Not sure if anyone remembers but the used to have this lineman in the early 2000s that was like 6’8” 260 and they’d put him at tailback on goal line situations. Straight brutal.

This year is a whole new animal. They kill you with a thousand knife cuts instead of trying to kill you with on hammer.

Not knifes it is spears!! #Fearthespear

4 hours ago, Instigator said:

They say anything bout how big bad Garrison got beat by Tk Gorman and Crockett as well this season? Just wondering... 

• LOL! 1

Just to add some color to this game:

The combined record for all Tenaha opponents is 84-52. 

Tenaha has played 2 opponents with a losing season.

The combined record for all Carlisle opponents is 65-65.

Carlisle has played 5 opponents with a losing season.

This brings back into perspective the seriousness of Tenaha, an opponent that should never be overlooked and/or underestimated. Tenaha poses a real threat and have been battle tested this entire year. 

• Thanks 1

I had some business in Tenaha today coincidentally. I asked several locals there who they were playing and what their thoughts were and if they thought they were going to win. Everyone seemed well aware that they were playing an extremely good team but weren’t all too familiar with Carlisle. 

A woman at the bank asked me “in what way is Carlisle good this year I haven’t seen them?”

I explained Carlisle’s strengths and of courses talked about the Quarterback. I then paid Carlisle’s quarterback the highest compliment you can pay an athlete in Tenaha TX. I said he reminds me of Chavis McCollister. They all then immediately realized the caliber of team they were playing.