bossman1

Which Team will Advance  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins

• Dawgs
    • Jags

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, bansheefan03 said:

Should not have much problem Makin it by kickoff can take 69 to 380 will take you around all the rush hour traffic and not but bout 15 min longer then takin straight shot 

Looked up that route! Thanks! That is the way I will be taking! 

Heritage has a good balance offense that can keep up and give carthage fits but heritage Defense is little suspect, really cant call who wins, they both offense is similar to records and even on offense, but C- dawgs d. is better but who says Heritage  deffense maybe ready for the Challenge, if Heritage Defensive line can get win the battle of Carthage offensive line and can pressure capps more and ciotain Dixon then who knows, till Friday night

• Stinks 1

Nice read from MH head coach... and the respect he shows the dawgs. sometimes dallas morning news will load the article sometimes it will ask for subscription... just back out of it does,  hope you guys can read it,  if not I apologize in advance. 

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/high-school/high-schools/2018/11/28/fridays-regional-semifinal-matchup-top-ranked-carthage-means-midlothian-heritage

I just looked at a minus symbol next to my name,  evidently I have a poor reputation...lol. Wonder when that's from.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, LionKing12172920 said:

Heritage has a good balance offense that can keep up and give carthage fits but heritage Defense is little suspect, really cant call who wins, they both offense is similar to records and even on offense, but C- dawgs d. is better but who says Heritage  deffense maybe ready for the Challenge, if Heritage Defensive line can get win the battle of Carthage offensive line and can pressure capps more and ciotain Dixon then who knows, till Friday night

You keep forgetting that the Dawg O line is the best in 4A, how soon you forget what they did to Henderson, who has a dang good D line. 

12 minutes ago, dfwfootballfan said:

Nice read from MH head coach... and the respect he shows the dawgs. sometimes dallas morning news will load the article sometimes it will ask for subscription... just back out of it does,  hope you guys can read it,  if not I apologize in advance. 

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/high-school/high-schools/2018/11/28/fridays-regional-semifinal-matchup-top-ranked-carthage-means-midlothian-heritage

I just looked at a minus symbol next to my name,  evidently I have a poor reputation...lol. Wonder when that's from.  

Great article, thanks for sharing it with us. 

21 minutes ago, dfwfootballfan said:

There you go, we got you fixed up with a positive symbol!

• Stinks 1

36 minutes ago, dfwfootballfan said:

Just spotted you another “like” ... Don’t blow it!🤣

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

10 hours ago, ctown81 said:

Odd, we haven't seen many Kilgore people chime in.  I would love to hear their thoughts since they've seen both.

I wasn't able to make it to the Kilgore - Heritage game, but I did listen to the radio broadcast and talk to some very reliable football people (including coaches) who were there, here's my input (in no particular order)....

• Heritage QB has a big arm, big enough to make throws across the field that most QB's won't try (Kilgore picked him off 2 or 3 times)
  • Heritage QB is a pretty good runner
  • Heritage has 2 stud receivers; Kilgore bracketed the one they thought was most dangerous and the other one blistered the secondary.... mainly on a skinny post/slant route
  • Heritage defense is pretty good, they tackle well in space.... secondary could be vulnerable to good passing attack; their interior D-line is strong
  • Heritage kickoff team is a little tricky because they will send two kickers at the ball, one will kick it deep and the other will pooch/squib it

Everyone I talked to said that Heritage wouldn't beat Carthage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, house said:

anyone want to compare the current carthage team to the 2013 and 2016 teams?

I think 2013 was a little better than this team, but ‘18 is a little better than ‘16. 

‘13 had Bogie, Pipkin, Goree, Rutherford. Pipkin was a darn good running back. 

I think it’s an entertaining topic to debate. 

20 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I think 2013 was a little better than this team, but ‘18 is a little better than ‘16. 

Baddest dude on that '13 team was the guy playing both ways in the trenches. His name escapes me. He was a beast.

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

i understand your thinking and agree.  but depending on what happens the rest of this season, i actually think this team has a chance to move ahead of '13 and '16.   

so much to respect surratt for.  rarely scores more than in the 40's.  could he?  of course.  then look at some other schools that will enjoy racking up scores in the 50's, 60's, and even 70's.   coach, don't think it goes unnoticed.  and his coaching and game strategy since he came to town has been a work of art.  i think what amazes me the most is how his season strategy seems to superscede game strategy until playoffs.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, house said:

so much to respect surratt for.  rarely scores more than in the 40's.  could he?  of course.  then look at some other schools that will enjoy racking up scores in the 50's, 60's, and even 70's.   coach, don't think it goes unnoticed.  and his coaching and game strategy since he came to town has been a work of art.  i think what amazes me the most is how his season strategy seems to superscede game strategy until playoffs.  

Yep, his big picture plans and vision trump any in game strategy to win that game in pre-district and even in district lots of times. Every year he’s going to have his QB throw a ton in pre-district so he gets lots of in game reps and builds trust with his receivers.

Teams scoring in the 70s catches everyone’s attention and they’re possibly considered the best in the state. Carthage scores in the 40s or low 50s and it doesn’t jump off the page. The other thing Surratt does in all games is when the outcome is known he pulls starters on both sides of the ball and gets backups (future starters) game experience so when their times come they’ve already played on Friday nights and have some confidence. It’s a well oiled machine and Surratt does it without running up the score on the opposition. You look at Liberty Hill and Argyle scores this year and see they are putting 70+ on folks every so often and have done it all season. People go, “Wow, they have to be unstoppable and the best!”, not so fast, pump the brakes just a bit. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, house said:

Surratt could have left the starters in & hung 100 on Gilmer OR Henderson, for that matter, but he’s not that kind of guy....

1 minute ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Surratt could have left the starters in & hung 100 on Gilmer OR Henderson, for that matter, but he’s not that kind of guy....

I don’t think we could’ve hung 100 on Henderson this year, but it definitely could’ve been in the upper 40s. We didn’t pull the starters until the 4th quarter and the final was 34-0.

Gilmer, yes, we could’ve put 100 on them that night. 

• Thanks 1