Carthage vs Midlothian Heritage, Friday November 30th, 7:30p.m @ The Star

bossman1

Which Team will Advance  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins

• Dawgs
    • Jags

This poll is closed to new votes

Hats off to MH for this game.  Ive said for a long long time now that if you wanna beat the Dawgs you have to be able to pass the ball, and MH did just that, and almost pulled it off. What can i say about the Dawgs O tonight?  Hmm let me see...Were we perfect?  Nope not by a long shot.  But when our backs were against the wall Gunner and Co answered the call. #11 threw some really nice passes tonight that the Dawgs receivers (minus #7 most of the game) hauled in.  If they hadnt made those catches we would be sitting home next friday night.  We were able to run the ball pretty well when we did but this was an old fashioned shoot-out and the ball was in the air all night.  As for our pass D,  they'll be having nighmares tonight.  Summary:  Survive and advance.  39-0.

• Like 1

Yes, I grossly underestimated Midlothian Heritage. I thought we’d be able to replicate what LV’s defense did to MH by getting consistent pressure on Ledbetter to throw him off his game, but we were not able to and he had forever to scan the field on most plays. 

Our DB’s tonight........had a tough go of it against two really good receivers and a good QB, but lots of it was their own timidness in not making a play on the ball. They had good coverage a lot of times and just wouldn’t even make an attempt at knocking the ball away or intercepting it. MH gashed us for two long TD runs right up the middle after we got the pass stuck in our brains. 

It was a great game and obviously very entertaining, but we have lots of things to work on. 

3 hours ago, SmokyBurgess said:

No surprise. They're Carthage. Any coach in his right mind would kick it. Surratt decides to go against the odds and comes out looking like a hero again.

Biggest defensive player playing for Carthage weighs about 210 -------they were gassed...…………weren't going to keep Heritage from scoring from 25 yards out very often at that point...……..smart move 

• Like 1

I have seen several 2A games in the last 2 years ------------usually that is where you get your worst officiating...……..the crew at the Star for this game did the worst job I have seen in a longgggggg time...…………..It hurts Heritage worse, because they lost...………………….But the officials were really bad BOTH  ways...…………….I think they made more bad calls against Carthage, but that  may be thru homer goggles...……..I hope that officiating crew doesn't get another playoff game this year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ClawNAntler said:

Hard to tell for sure. Need a shot looking down the goal line. This shot doesn’t prove it either way

I posted another close up so found.  Still looking for a goal line shot.  It may not exist.  In the second pic so posted above you can see proximity based on the WR’s feet and body lean.  He crossed the goal line in the route and came back towards goal line to make catch.  Like I said it was a split second play and I believe the ref made the correct call.  He had the best view.

6 minutes ago, DTrump said:

If your gonna go to the hypothetical game, LV would be the huge favorite no doubt. Don't see how anyone could argue that. But Argyle may have something too say about that. LH may also.

Guess we will find out this week.  The only way we play LH is if they beat Carthage.

25 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I posted another close up so found.  Still looking for a goal line shot.  It may not exist.  In the second pic so posted above you can see proximity based on the WR’s feet and body lean.  He crossed the goal line in the route and came back towards goal line to make catch.  Like I said it was a split second play and I believe the ref made the correct call.  He had the best view.

Have to stand as called. Had it went the other way been unhappy Carthage fans. 

6 minutes ago, ClawNAntler said:

Have to stand as called. Had it went the other way been unhappy Carthage fans. 

Agree.  Had MH not been called for the Horsecollar penalty a few plays before this play does not happen.  So many if’s  and but’s in a game with 99 points, over 1,000 of offense and OT.  Just #### that one team had to lose.

Just now, ctown81 said:

I just seen the high life on Fox Sports on Facebook. It's definitely not a touchdown but they gave Midlothian Heritage a touchdown and they took one from us on the fumble that we ran back

No highlight video or still shot that I have found shows the goal line view.  Unless we can see it the video evidence is inconclusive and we must give the benefit of the doubt to the official.  He had the best view.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

No highlight video or still shot that I have found shows the goal line view.  Unless we can see it the video evidence is inconclusive and we must give the benefit of the doubt to the official.  He had the best view.

Them not giving us a TD on the fumble clearly returned for a touchdown was a total rip off. We got down there and did not score after they inexplicably gave CHS possession, but where the ball was fumbled.

88 scored a TD in the first half that was clearly not a TD they called a TD. None of his body or the ball touched the front edge of the goal line until after he bounced on the turf and then reached the ball over. Clear as day on the replay to everyone in the building.

We have a false start called on us in OT on a WR  before the team has even made it to the line of scrimmage (still coming out of the huddle). 

Let’s not get into this game of dissecting the called TD at the end for Carthage and saying it wasn’t. The officiating was very poor last night and I promise you Carthage did get the short end of the stick all game long. 

23 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

agree

46 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Where the green meets the white is the key. If you had to have the whole ball over the white line, it would have been NO TD.  But does part of the ball get over the green/white barrier, maybe/probably so. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Them not giving us a TD on the fumble clearly returned for a touchdown was a total rip off. We got down there and did not score after they inexplicably gave CHS possession, but where the ball was fumbled.

88 scored a TD in the first half that was clearly not a TD they called a TD. None of his body or the ball touched the front edge of the goal line until after he bounced on the turf and then reached the ball over. Clear as day on the replay to everyone in the building.

We have a false start called on us in OT on a WR  before the team has even made it to the line of scrimmage (still coming out of the huddle). 

Let’s not get into this game of dissecting the called TD at the end for Carthage and saying it wasn’t. The officiating was very poor last night and I promise you Carthage did get the short end of the stick all game long. 

Bottom line is Carthage got the win, but MH was the better team for 99% of the game.  The Jags exposed some weaknesses the Dawgs will need to address ASAP or we will be playing basketball soon.  And we had another lackluster slow start and it almost cost us the game.  This team needs a leader(s) to step up and lead the team to play like they are capable.  The margin for error is getting smaller every week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1