bossman1

Which Team will Advance  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins

• Dawgs
    • Jags

This poll is closed to new votes

45 minutes ago, dfwfootballfan said:

#8 is a Jr...at this point looking like he's going to go to Tech,  #88 announced his top 5 yesterday.  In no particular order, Baylor,  OK St, Ole Miss, Auburn... can't remember the 5th...

Im not directly affiliated but that's what I've heard. They are both outstanding. #10 from Carthage made a couple of outstanding highlight catches as well.  There was a lot of talent in the field at this game. 

👍

Those MH seniors know heartache I'll tell you that... losing in the last seconds 3 years in a row...

I really wanted to see MH/Carthage last year in the SC but Kennedale got a fg to win late after MH went for 2 and got it with :37 left. Then Carthage smoked K in the SC... no disrespect to Kennedale but MH would have given Carthage a better game last year. 

And this year... well we saw that show and know how great of a game it was. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, dfwfootballfan said:

Those MH seniors know heartache I'll tell you that... losing in the last seconds 3 years in a row...

I really wanted to see MH/Carthage last year in the SC but Kennedale got a fg to win late after MH went for 2 and got it with :37 left. Then Carthage smoked K in the SC... no disrespect to Kennedale but MH would have given Carthage a better game last year. 

And this year... well we saw that show and know how great of a game it was. 

I think last year’s team versus last year’s MH team would’ve been the same scoreline as Carthage and Kennedale was.

Last year we had those crazy good linebackers and our secondary was full of ball hawks not guys who suddenly decide to not defend the pass and just allow the two stud MH receivers to catch every pass thrown their way. I don’t know what our DB’s collective problem was, but it needs to be fixed NOW. It was inexcusable and embarrassing, really. Last year we had a much different defensive backfield than this year..

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I think last year’s team versus last year’s MH team would’ve been the same scoreline as Carthage and Kennedale was.

Last year we had those crazy good linebackers and our secondary was full of ball hawks not guys who suddenly decide to not defend the pass and just allow the two stud MH receivers to catch every pass thrown their way. I don’t know what our DB’s collective problem was, but it needs to be fixed NOW. It was inexcusable and embarrassing, really. Last year we had a much different defensive backfield than this year..

The 3 stud linebackers made the secondary better...…………..If they didn't rush, they had the knack of covering their part of the zone better--------those 8 to 12 yard out routes Heritage was hitting on would have been tougher having to throw over a linebacker like #27 from last year...………..If Preston blitzed a linebacker, he was pretty sure that he would at least cause the QB to hurry his throw...………………..Makes a ton of difference for decent/good defensive backs to have to cover for 3 seconds compared to 5,6, 7 seconds Friday night...………...On a lot of plays Friday night, it was 2 of the same secondary guys as last year...………………...Linebackers this year are good, and play hard, but not all the blame goes on the secondary

20 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

The 3 stud linebackers made the secondary better...…………..If they didn't rush, they had the knack of covering their part of the zone better--------those 8 to 12 yard out routes Heritage was hitting on would have been tougher having to throw over a linebacker like #27 from last year...………..If Preston blitzed a linebacker, he was pretty sure that he would at least cause the QB to hurry his throw...………………..Makes a ton of difference for decent/good defensive backs to have to cover for 3 seconds compared to 5,6, 7 seconds Friday night...………...On a lot of plays Friday night, it was 2 of the same secondary guys as last year...………………...Linebackers this year are good, and play hard, but not all the blame goes on the secondary

I do hear you on that and agree, but the part that frustrated me the most is when we’d see the ball coming, I mean watching it come, and not jumping to at least try to knock it away. 

30 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I do hear you on that and agree, but the part that frustrated me the most is when we’d see the ball coming, I mean watching it come, and not jumping to at least try to knock it away. 

It was the sort of thing you'd expect to see in predistrict, not the 3rd round of the playoffs.

12 hours ago, ctown81 said:

Please explain 

I think 88 is physically gifted and explosive, just thought 8 was the guy you went to when you needed a catch. He made the tough grabs. I thought most of 88’s were pitch and catch and he did the work after.  Both are great. 88 is a game changer with the ball in his hands. 8 is the guy you go to on 3rd down when you need the completion.

• Like 1

I don't think will ever see another team with three linebackers that good on the same team like the 2017 Dawgs had.

I am a Dawg homer, but the 2017 Dawgs maybe one of the top three 4A teams of all time. The MH QB would have made some plays but it would have been a matter of time before he would have been gun shy from the pounding he would have taken and they would have never been able to run the ball.

It is not fare to compare any Dawg team to the 2017 Dawgs, they were that special. Nobody not even La Vega stood a chance against them. People can say but look at the score in last years semi final. It would have been 35 to 0 at half time if the Dawg QB did not fumble so many times with no body hitting him. 

This years Dawg are special in their own right and they showed it Friday night with a gut wrenching, reach down deep inside will to win.

I believe this Dawg team can win the title with that kind of determination that they showed against a great 4A DI team in MH.

Lets Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

God Bless coaches, players, and fans. 

15 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

BJ Foster is going to destroy #8 for running that mouth..

They were grabbing his jersey all night... that's he was talking so much honestly.   Games over, doesn't matter, but he was torching whoever was on him unless they held him. Eh... it's football. Let'em play.  

BJ will be moving on to the NFL before he sees #8 on the field, he's a jr. this year, add the redshirt year...BJ wil be on to greener pastures.

41 minutes ago, dfwfootballfan said:

They were grabbing his jersey all night... that's he was talking so much honestly.   Games over, doesn't matter, but he was torching whoever was on him unless they held him. Eh... it's football. Let'em play.  

BJ will be moving on to the NFL before he sees #8 on the field, he's a jr. this year, add the redshirt year...BJ wil be on to greener pastures.

I bet he sees the field as a true freshman.

54 minutes ago, dfwfootballfan said:

Man, I hope not but you never know...88 I would say yes,  but I think 8 needs that redshirt year.  He's just not nearly as developed... he's only like 165 lbs.

They can't all be like #26 at Texas.... He's a man.

You the man, and are correct. #26 will be ready next year! Number 8 from MH is too little be talking too much noise.