6A Division II Region II Semi-Final: Longview vs Austin Vandegrift

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (12-0) vs Austin Vandegrift (12-0)  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Austin Vandegrift in a close one
    • Austin Vandegrift in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/2018 at 12:00 PM

1 hour ago, 85lobooldschool said:

07 where does this team stand on all time scoring now.  Can you list those above them?

https://lobohistory.com/misc/records/pointseason.html

Another 56 point output and we’ll be at 700 for the first time in school history. Would count on that if we have another game after this, but can’t see us hitting that this week against this defense.

My take...

King was off on some of his throws but but it was good adjustments by wide recievers. Defense line played better once #92 was moved to the interior where he's better fit. Eliminate the the dumb personal fouls. Use #5 more out of the I and PLEASE get more carries for #35!! #2 also will flip the field on special teams. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

Second he gets the offer from LSU, he’ll commit. Shocked they haven’t offered yet tbh.

got to be some hammer heads down there...if that is where he wants to go and I was the coach....I wouldn't think twice about it...guess I am a little biased but his work on and off the field speaks for itself....

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

got to be some hammer heads down there...if that is where he wants to go and I was the coach....I wouldn't think twice about it...guess I am a little biased but his work on and off the field speaks for itself....

Lsu could use him for sure , but not sure if their style of offense would fit him🤷

Perry I think should do Jr college for a year then walk on where ever Haynes goes 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WolverBean said:

Lsu could use him for sure , but not sure if their style of offense would fit him🤷

Perry I think should do Jr college for a year then walk on where ever Haynes goes 

If I'm Haynes, I'm leveraging a package deal. Those two are a devastating combination. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Trying to think, when is the last time we've had two 1,000+ yard rushers in one season? Maybe that 2015 backfield with Tylan Miller and Braylynn Anthony? 2009 with McCray and Hunt? Neither?

Keilyn already hit it vs Cove, Jessie getting there. Believe both have over 1,000 total yards with as much as both catch the ball out of the backfield.

Even sophomore Meredith is at 600 rushing yards, 11 TD's.

• Like 3

Still believe a FBS school will discover Perry and offer late in January. Similar to how TCU offered Travin Howard late his Sr year. 

If not, Perry has 3 FCS offers in hand already. One of those will get a very great WR.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

Trying to think, when is the last time we've had two 1,000+ yard rushers in one season? Maybe that 2015 backfield with Tylan Miller and Braylynn Anthony? 2009 with McCray and Hunt? Neither?

Keilyn already hit it vs Cove, Jessie getting there. Believe both have over 1,000 total yards with as much as both catch the ball out of the backfield.

Even sophomore Meredith is at 600 rushing yards, 11 TD's.

Fred Talley has the record for rushing touchdowns in a season a sophomore. Meredith is two away from tying I believe. Will confirm tonight.

Edit: He’s four away from tying Talley’s 15.

13 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I had forgotten what it was like to play one of those Austin schools that are primarily white and feel they’re entitled to everything. Goodness, their fan(s) over on 6A is something.

Well, we are also having to listen to the Lake Travis fans, too. It is exhausting and for once we are actually being nice and respectful!

3 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

I had forgotten what it was like to play one of those Austin schools that are primarily white and feel they’re entitled to everything. Goodness, their fan(s) over on 6A is something.

We shall see how "entitled" they are when they see Anderson running full speed at them 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1