6A Division II Region II Semi-Final: Longview vs Austin Vandegrift

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (12-0) vs Austin Vandegrift (12-0)  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Austin Vandegrift in a close one
    • Austin Vandegrift in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/2018 at 12:00 PM

3 hours ago, LOBOFAN84 said:

Well, we are also having to listen to the Lake Travis fans, too. It is exhausting and for once we are actually being nice and respectful!

Right ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I fully expect this to be our toughest game since Rockwall, but goodness. Heaven forbid we pick our own team.

10 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Second he gets the offer from LSU, heโ€™ll commit. Shocked they havenโ€™t offered yet tbh.

I totally agree. I hope my Sooners offer him and Perry, though. Speaking of Perry, if this young man ends up with 1,500 yards receiving and not ONE single offer from a MAJOR FBS university, there are going to be some legitimate, red flags raised about recruiting and our program. No way in hell should this kid not have at least Louisiana Tech coming for him with a full ride offer.ย 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Vandy23 said:

Dear Eight Pound, Six Ounce, Newborn Infant Jesus, don't even know a word yet, just a little infant, so cuddly, but still omnipotent.......please allow this game to be close in the 4th.ย  If it is, Vandy wins.

Hello and welcome to Smoaky!

Why you think Vandy wins if the game is close in the 4th? They been clutch all year late?ย ย 

7 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

I had forgotten what it was like to play one of those Austin schools that are primarily white and feel theyโ€™re entitled to everything. Goodness, their fan(s) over on 6A is something.

That Coco guy is a pretty insufferable ####. No matter what good things people say about Vandy, he whines that they're not being respected or something. Imagine being so delusional.ย 

2 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Hello and welcome to Smoaky!

Why you think Vandy wins if the game is close in๏ปฟ the 4th? They been clutch all year late?ย ย 

Yep. ย Round Rock close game won late, down 14-0 to cedar Ridge with 8 minutes left and won in overtime, Klein Collins win in OT, a lot of the kids in playoff team the last two years that saw us down in 2016 and 2017 to SA Johnson late and won both games.

https://hillcountrynews.com/stories/late-rally-lifts-vandegrift-over-sa-johnson,76330

http://www.hillcountrynews.com/stories/cedar-park-vandegrift-advance-while-vista-ridge-exits-in-first-round,40547

These kids donโ€™t quit. ย 

ย 

And if we get turnovers in this game, it isnโ€™t a fluke, we are +18 on turnover margin this year. ย 

Edited by Vandy23

5 hours ago, Vandy23 said:

Dear Eight Pound, Six Ounce, Newborn Infant Jesus, don't even know a word yet, just a little infant, so cuddly, but still omnipotent.......please allow this game to be close in the 4th.ย  If it is, Vandy wins.

And, let the REAL TROLLING begin.........ย 

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, Quick said:

And, let the REAL TROLLING begin.........ย 

You got me mixed up with a delusional homerย fan. ย Longview is legit in every way. ย I looked at your strength of schedule,ย opponents that made the playoffs, opponents who made theย playoffs that are still playing, offensive ppg, defensive ppg and you guys are legitย past theย scores and the record. ย 

Hence why I said let it be close in the end. ย If this turns into a score for score, we are in trouble. ย 

9 hours ago, Quick said:

I totally agree. I hope my Sooners offer him and Perry, though. Speaking of Perry, if this young man ends up with 1,500 yards receiving and not ONE single offer from a MAJOR FBS university, there are going to be some legitimate, red flags raised about recruiting and our program. No way in hell should this kid not have at least Louisiana Tech coming for him with a full ride offer.ย 

I have one solid connection in the OU athletic department and I'm not about to burn him...

But they're aware of Perry. That's all I'll say.ย 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Vandy23 said:

xSp1ZHQ.gif

6 hours ago, Vandy23 said:

Yep. ย Round Rock close game won late, down 14-0 to cedar Ridge with 8 minutes left and won in overtime, Klein Collins win in OT, a lot of the kids in playoff team the last two years that saw us down in 2016 and 2017 to SA Johnson late and won both games.

These kids donโ€™t quit.

Respect...ย  but these kids don't quit either. That's one of the main things that has close Lobo watchers excited...ย  in past seasons thereย have been rare instances where the air seems to just go out, and the team inexplicably lets defeat overwhelm them.ย 

But this year's team is different. The fans who've been watching this bunch since Pop Warner know they're different. We'll make mistakes, shoot ourselves in the foot, and allow momentum to slip away suddenly. Longview will get behind in points, but they just kinda shrug like it ain't no thangย and get back to work. I've seen it up close. I've seen the personnel dynamic this season, and how it contrasts to previous teams. They believe in themselves and each other. They know how good they are. These kids know what it takes to win. When they're playing play their game, ain't a team in Texas can f### with them.ย 

The key for Longview is to play their game. Just take what Vandy gives them, and not try to do too much all at once.ย 
ย 

6 hours ago, Vandy23 said:

And if we get turnovers in this game, it isnโ€™t a fluke, we are +18 on turnover margin this year. ย 

Oh, you'll get turnovers in this game. Don't worry about that. I've watched your last six games. You've got an opportunistic defense, and they keep their heads on a swivel. Yeah, you'll get some turnovers, no doubt.ย 

But you're gonna have to keep our offense off the field. That's a tall order, amigo.

Impossible? By no means! Rockwall did it with a D-1 receiver who had the game of his life. Lufkin did it with aย stultifyingย defense and brilliant gameplan. They are the exceptions thus far.ย 

But if Vandy can shut down this offense, you deserve to win it all.ย 

Vandy does not have the patent on not quitting...... if you watch Longview play ย itโ€™s physical and relentless regardless of score! Personally Longview could care less about others.... they know whatโ€™s at stake and the history of lobo football driving them.so just get ready for all of that ! Just sayinย 

2 minutes ago, TheFootballFan said:

Vandy does not have the patent on not quitting...... if you watch Longview play ย itโ€™s physical and relentless regardless of score! Personally Longview could care less about others.... they know whatโ€™s at stake and the history of lobo football driving them.so just get ready for all of that ! Just sayinย 

If you are still playing in week 3 of playoffs, no kid is quitting. I wasnโ€™t implying the LV kids gave up, I meant it more as we are battle tested in close games we lead, were tied, or were behind 2 touchdowns in the 4th (which a lot of the Vandy playersย have overcome 3 times-twice in the playoffs. ย 

This is going to be a great test for both teams. ย Whoever wins has a great shot at winning it all.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, AKA said:

Respect...ย  but these kids don't quit either. That's one of the main things that has close Lobo watchers excited...ย 

I have been watching LV since week 4 after we beat Cedar Park,ย Hendricksonย and Cedar Ridgeย trying to figure out who was legit. ย You guys are definitely legit. ย Wasnโ€™t implying LV kids would quit by any means. ย Will be a great game.

ย 

And if we both stay in D2 we should have an annual game to look forward to seeing. ย Our overall district record was 39-1, so our future isย looking solid.

15 minutes ago, Vandy23 said:

And if we both stay in D2 we should have an annual game to look forward to seeing. ย Our overall district record was 39-1, so our future isย looking solid.

Lol, I've got no problem with that. There's a lot of young talent coming up in our underclassmen as well.ย  ๐Ÿ‘ย 

Here's hoping for a hard-hitting, injury-free game!ย 

• Like 2

Vandy is averaging roughly 31.5 points a game. Fifty something points come against Leander there highest output for the year. They will have to put up 45 or more to stay with Longview. Then keep Longviewโ€™s high powered offense shut down. The only way it happens if Longview beats themselves. L O B O S............

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Vandy23 said:

https://hillcountrynews.com/stories/late-rally-lifts-vandegrift-over-sa-johnson,76330

http://www.hillcountrynews.com/stories/cedar-park-vandegrift-advance-while-vista-ridge-exits-in-first-round,40547

These kids donโ€™t quit. ย 

ย 

And if we get turnovers in this game, it isnโ€™t a fluke, we are +18 on turnover ๏ปฟmargin this year. ย 

Wow. That's a tremendous stat and how you win games. +18 is crazy!ย 

Longview has been in 2 close games this year. Down 7 to Lufkin late and scored 2 late TDs. And then were toe to toe with Rockwall and won late. Haven't really been tested other than MAYBE Ruston, and we exploded in the 2nd half of that one. The Lufkin game was the first of the year, so there were definitely some hiccups and rust to get off. They were scary good until they turned it over so many times this weekend against a stout Frisco Lone Star team.ย