6A Division II Region II Semi-Final: Longview vs Austin Vandegrift

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (12-0) vs Austin Vandegrift (12-0)  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Austin Vandegrift in a close one
    • Austin Vandegrift in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/2018 at 12:00 PM

2 hours ago, AKA said:

It wasn't, and they didn't.   :) 

Congrats on a fine season. Best of luck next year. 

Y’all handed it to us in the second half.  Our RB was good tonight, but we needed to open it up.  

Yall are legit.  Well deserved. Rooting for y’all to win it, even over Westlake

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Vandy23 said:

Y’all handed it to us in the second half.  Our RB was good tonight, but we needed to open it up.  

Yall are legit.  Well deserved. Rooting for y’all to win it, even over Westlake

Y'all have a great team.

Give it a couple of seasons if you can keep your coaching staff together and y'all will be good to go. 

5 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

What's your prediction against Westfield. 

Will let ya know by Wednesday after I've watched some film and such. I don't have a great grasp on Westfield after their great QB went down. They seem to have a hit and miss offense and a better than average defense. Somewhat like we saw tonight vs Vandy.

Mustangs are a great team though and I was wishing they went Divison I for a reason. Will be a stern test.

4 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Big win over a great football team. 

Again, we played sloppy, and outscored them 35-14 in the second half. Great second half Bos... But please, for the love of God, cut out the stupid penalties.

Hmmmmm...since the score was 28-21 at the half your Aggie math simply doesn't add up my friend...😉 !

It was indeed a nice 2nd half for the Lobos. Finally, while this team does need to "clean up" stupid penalties" that officiating crew was absolutely atrocious !!

Coach King must get better "Intel" on these TASO crews and who's making the decision on how they are being chosen.

The officials from last night had no business whatsoever "calling" the game 

R.J.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lobouno said:

Why we running king so much 

It's actually a "brilliant"  implementation of the Zone Read Offense.

HK is a "track star", after all as well as a smart, tough QB !

He's a long, lean athlete who's been raised by his Head Coach.

I like the move in going to the Zone Read Option.

R.J.

3 hours ago, Loboup said:

I’m hearing Sam Houston Friday night 

Oh, No!!! Please, don't. Bad memories from the A&M Consolidated game a few years ago. I hate that place and that heinous SMU Stadium should NEVER be on the list EVER again. I would like for John King to flip for The Cotton Bowl, though.

I definitely would not mind playing at Independence Stadium in Shreveport since Westfield thinks they are beyond traveling. I mean, I get it - to a degree. But, not when every other team around the state of Texas is having to travel. Someone must've told them that they were on the exempt travel list. 

1 hour ago, WolverBean said:

Are we home or away again?🙄

Seriously??? That's an epic downgrade in stadium selection given that there are a lot less teams at this juncture of the season playing football next week. I am STILL NOT fond of Waco, Texas even given our most recent success. 

4 hours ago, RandyJohnson said:

It's actually a "brilliant"  implementation of the Zone Read Offense.

HK is a "track star", after all as well as a smart, tough QB !

He's a long, lean athlete who's been raised by his Head Coach.

I like the move in going to the Zone Read Option.

R.J.

I meant after we put the game away they were still running him...why risk the injury at that point 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Quick said:

Oh, No!!! Please, don't. Bad memories from the A&M Consolidated game a few years ago. I hate that place and that heinous SMU Stadium should NEVER be on the list EVER again. I would like for John King to flip for The Cotton Bowl, though.

I definitely would not mind playing at Independence Stadium in Shreveport since Westfield thinks they are beyond traveling. I mean, I get it - to a degree. But, not when every other team around the state of Texas is having to travel. Someone must've told them that they were on the exempt travel list. 

We didn’t play A&M at Sam Houston. We played them at Midlothian. We haven’t played at Bowers since the early 90s.

2 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

We didn’t play A&M at Sam Houston. We played them at Midlothian. We haven’t played at Bowers since the early 90s.

My apologies. Brainfarts are beginning to frequent at 39 years of age; can't even fathom what it would be like at 50, granted I'm fortunate enough to see it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

And, as nice as that venue is, that is another sh.. list stadium that needs no recommendations as a place to play for the Lobo family.  Yeah, I am superstitious like that.  Just like I LOVE our vibe with Kincaide Stadium. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WolverBean said:

Lobo fans whenever we see King being used in the running game, back of our minds please don't get hurt!!

bEVKYB487Lqxy.gif

I totally agree. If, Haynes had the body frame of the Mordecai kid that played QB for Waco Midway last year, I PROBABLY wouldn't be so worried but, his FRAME is still waaaay underdeveloped albeit as tough as he is. We just can't afford to lose him on those type of plays. I mean, let Big-Belly Anderson take it in a Wildcat formation if anything.

• Like 1