6A Division II Region II Semi-Final: Longview vs Austin Vandegrift

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (12-0) vs Austin Vandegrift (12-0)  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Austin Vandegrift in a close one
    • Austin Vandegrift in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/2018 at 12:00 PM

1 hour ago, LoboUp95 said:

Lobofan07 I’m sure you would know but how many times have we fumbled this season. I relistened to the Prosper station on sportsgram and they said we had 20? 

I had us at 14 fumbles/9 lost prior to the Prosper game. 

Believe we had one and lost one in the Prosper game so 15/10.

1 hour ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

For a monthly subscription. 

Make sure you call and cancel AFTER football season is over with or whenever you believe you won't be watching another game via their app because YOU WILL BE CONTINUOUSLY CHARGED every month until you finally look at your bank statement in like April and find out they refuse to give you your refunds on said months of non-viewership.

Yeah, if you haven't figured it out yet, they got me in the early part of this year. That happens when you are too excited to watch Lufkin vs. Longview rematch at S.F.A. 2017 and get too emotionally wrapped up to read all the fine print and disclaimers and just start pressing the 'I Agree' buttons. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Quick said:

That happens when you are too excited to watch Lufkin vs. Longview rematch at S.F.A. 2017 and get too emotionally wrapped up to read all the fine print and disclaimers and just start pressing the 'I Agree' buttons. 

And that's rough considering it was up on youtube for free. lol

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

2 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Yeah I figured. And they definitely said that we had fumbled the ball 20 times and how that could maybe help them. Doesn’t matter tho. Was just curious on how many times we had fumbled. In the past that has obviously hurt us. We HAVE to take care of the ball this week. I know that sounds cliche but in games like this one I think it’s extremely important.

4 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

There's no way the Lobos have lost 10 fumbles this season.

Longview's punted only seven times in 12 games. The Lobos have ended at least 5 or 6 games in "Victory" formation.

Furthermore, Longview averages 54 ponts a game. That's nearly 8 (eight) scoring possessions EVERY single game !

I have counted maybe six or seven turnovers (fumbles & int's lost) in total for the entire season.

Longview's Defense registered their very first TD against Prosper...in the 12th game of the season ! 

Longview has three RB's  that have produced "double digits" in TD's (Williams, Anderson & Meredith).

Also, Perry has 16 TD's receiving and finally the "Maestro" HK has accounted for well over 40 TD's in 2018 with 35 passing, 5 rushing and 1 receiving.

So that means the Offense has been practically "otherworldly"...scoring every time they touched the ball whenever they have surpassed  60 points (minus the V formations, end of half possessions, etc.)

It's bordering on the ridiculous how awesome this Offense has produced in 2018 !

R.J.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RandyJohnson said:

Longview's punted only seven times in 12 games. The Lobos have ended at least 5 or 6 games in "Victory" formation.

Furthermore, Longview averages 54 ponts a game. That's nearly 8 (eight) scoring possessions EVERY single game !

I have counted maybe six or seven turnovers (fumbles & int's lost) in total for the entire season.

Longview's Defense registered their very first TD against Prosper...in the 12th game of the season ! 

Longview has three RB's  that have produced "double digits" in TD's (Williams, Anderson & Meredith).

Also, Perry has 16 TD's receiving and finally the "Maestro" HK has accounted for well over 40 TD's in 2018 with 35 passing, 5 rushing and 1 receiving.

So that means the Offense has been practically "otherworldly"...scoring every time they touched the ball whenever they have surpassed  60 points (minus the V formations, end of half possessions, etc.)

It's bordering on the ridiculous how awesome this Offense has produced in 2018 !

R.J.

I'd  be willing to bet there were some fumbles in garbage time... Which DO count in the stats but I don't really consider them. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RandyJohnson said:

R.J.

Lufkin - 2 fumbles/1 lost

Marshall - 2 fumbles/2 lost

John Tyler - 2 fumbles/1 lost

Ruston - 4 fumbles/4 lost

Rockwall - 2 fumbles/1 lost

Mesquite Horn - 2 fumbles/0 lost

Rockwall Heath - 0 fumbles

North Mesquite - 1 fumble/0 lost

Tyler Lee - 0 fumbles 

Mesquite - 0 fumbles 

Copperas Cove - 0 fumbles 

Prosper - 1 fumble/1 lost 

So I was off by one overall. 16 fumbles and 10 lost. Throw in the INT and that’s 11 turnovers.

I think you have forgotten how big of a deal it was early in non district.

Lobofan07...

Yeah...that Ruston game was the one I had to "listen" to and well when your team scores 56 points then TO's tend to get caught up in the proverbial wash...lol !

Thank you for setting me straight !

R.J.

Interesting note that Minnesota has a current commitment from Rockwall's Sr. QB Jacob Clark for this cycle (2019).

King's stock will continue to rise especially IF the Lobos drive on their current march in this season's playoffs AND College coaches are hitting the trail in early December.

R.J.