6A Division II Region II Semi-Final: Longview vs Austin Vandegrift

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (12-0) vs Austin Vandegrift (12-0)  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Austin Vandegrift in a close one
    • Austin Vandegrift in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/2018 at 12:00 PM

24 minutes ago, Vandy23 said:

God forbid football players full of and vinegar have confidence in themselves and their coaches.  

It’s perfectly ok for any player to make these comments.  All it does is challenge our players at another level.  Go Lobos beat Vandy !!!!!   Looooooboooooos Loooooboooooos. Loooooooboooooos!!!

3 hours ago, kingwolf said:

The worst part is the arrogance of him saying they are going to dominate us....WOW!!!! 

I heard part of Coach Kings interview and he gave them mad respect....too bad the other coach didn’t....that needs to be shared with the team....

I mean the kid didn't really say they would dominate Longview. He said IF they could stop they running game and predict what Longview does, they would dominate. And really, they would. But if a team could just "stop Longview's running game", they'd do it. It's not so easy. 

I'm fine with them being confident. I don't remember any coach that ever tells his team they're going to lose. 

That said, Longview uses 2, sometimes 3 runningbacks. He only talked about one. And Longview may have been a run heavy team in generations past, but this season, we're WAY more pass heavy. The stat may say we run more, but that's because in like 9 or 10 of our 12 games, we've been so far ahead and just run the clock out in the 2nd half. 

We'll see what happens. Vandegrift is disciplined on defense and offense, but Longview has an advantage with athletes. 

Ok fantastic! 86 bears they are! Who cares really... every team is good is some form! Just whatever... it’s matchups that matter really.... truly don’t give a hoot about their discipline..... haven’t played Longview have they??? So whatever.

It’s ok..... it’s comical really..... just play!

if Vandy was In sane district as Prosper would they have a 12-0 record? Would they look like they same team as Prosper? Just look at matchups and teams played that are similar to Longview.

2 hours ago, Vandy23 said:

God forbid football players full of and vinegar have confidence in themselves and their coaches.  

I am all for the players to be totally confident in their team. They should be all in. 

Not about X and O's........

What kind of crowd does Vandy bring to games?

2 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I mean the kid didn't really say they would dominate Longview. He said IF they could stop they running game and predict what Longview does, they would dominate. And really, they would. But if a team could just "stop Longview's running game", they'd do it. It's not so easy. 

I'm fine with them being confident. I don't remember any coach that ever tells his team they're going to lose. 

That said, Longview uses 2, sometimes 3 runningbacks. He only talked about one. And Longview may have been a run heavy team in generations past, but this season, we're WAY more pass heavy. The stat may say we run more, but that's because in like 9 or 10 of our 12 games, we've been so far ahead and just run the clock out in the 2nd half. 

We'll see what happens. Vandegrift is disciplined on defense and offense, but Longview has an advantage with athletes. 

that wasn't the kid, it was the coach and I guess I read it different...either way I can't wait for tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Vandy23 said:

Win or lose, Vandy will gain a lot of respect from all the doubters.  Hopefully.  

I hope by now you guys have learned there is no lack of respect from the level headed people of Longview....Vandy is a great team and will take a solid effort from us....

6 hours ago, Buck1980 said:

One more thing lets hold back on talking about the number of offers players have and lets concentrate on the game at hand!!!! Just a suggestion

Already enough pressure on kids don't add anything else added to their plate at the moment

Damn Buck. Brother, I have been trying to get us to tone that down for....... God knows how long. We too have a right to be confident but, it would be quite disingenuous of me to not admit that we too have a cocky fanbase, especially here on Smoaky. 

• Stinks 2

26 minutes ago, AKA said:

Dang...  I thought a rematch against Horn would've been a neat story. 

We did that in 2010. Won 13-8 in district and then played them in the quarter finals at Independence stadium. Fell behind 14-0 and then scored 28 unanswered.

Westfield won 35-16. Once they took care of the ball, they beat Horn pretty good. So next week is Westfield if we can get by Vandy.

57 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Still 16-14 Horn near the end of the 3rd.

Winner of our game advances easily and that’s being nice about it 

35 minutes ago, AKA said:

Dang...  I thought a rematch against Horn would've been a neat story. 

Noooooooooo...I don’t want to see another team that bad

Just watched Horn-Westfield.

All I have to say is, whoever wins tomorrow has a pretty good shot at making semis. Horn looked like Horn, and Westfield just isn't what they could be. That offense without D1 QB Gipson is not efficient. 

It's our turn now to take care of business. Beat Vandy.

• Thanks 1