Henderson Vs Van

Cowboy818113

Henderson vs Van  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/2018 at 01:00 AM

23 minutes ago, FNL1977 said:

Not picking one way or the other but I was at the first contest and Henderson fans keep forgetting to mention that Van also had multiple turnovers that game including throwing a pick 6 so to say that was the only reason Van won is irrelevant. 

That was one ugly game. Henderson had 155 yards total offense and Van had 138. Henderson was 8/15 passing and Van was 6/20. Henderson had 5 turnovers including a fumble return for td and Van had 2 or 3 turnovers including a pick 6. Ugly, ugly game. I bet this one is much better. 

48 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

Van will definitely put up more of a fight than Lumberton did. What a horrible game that was!!!

It was not a good week for D11.

Carthage 46   Hargrave 0

Van 49   Splendora 14

Henderson 41   Lumberton 0

D10 really flexed its muscles in round 2.

53 minutes ago, FNL1977 said:

Why in the world would Moffatt agree to play Henderson at SFA when Henderson is 40 miles there and van is 100+ miles?? So much for neutral. Makes no sense. There were plenty of open venues for Saturday but lets keep it real, Henderson coaches refused to play on Saturday because they thought it would be a disadvantage for van losing a day of prep since they just played on Saturday. 

Read the other post and you will see what I had to say. Moffatt disagreed with the Lumberton coach also.

4A normally play on Fridays because that's when the championship game is.

Just now, DTrump said:

Read the other post and you will see what I had to say. Moffatt disagreed with the Lumberton coach also.

Moffatt could care less what the Lumberton and Splendora coaches thought because who other than those coaches thought they would actually advance. And for Henderson coach to think Van would drive through Henderson to get to SFA is just ignorant. Your entitled to your opinion but your logic behind playing on Fridays is laughable. Henderson coach was butt hurt that he didn't get his way about SFA so he let his pride decide that he would rather play at a sub-par venue in the 3rd round of the playoffs on Friday instead of a nicer neutral place on Saturday. Could have something to do with 21-20 too but that's just my opinion lol  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

9 minutes ago, DTrump said:

According to that logic, I guess all 1A and 2A schools should start playing on Wednesdays lol

27 minutes ago, FNL1977 said:

Moffatt could care less what the Lumberton and Splendora coaches thought because who other than those coaches thought they would actually advance. And for Henderson coach to think Van would drive through Henderson to get to SFA is just ignorant. Your entitled to your opinion but your logic behind playing on Fridays is laughable. Henderson coach was butt hurt that he didn't get his way about SFA so he let his pride decide that he would rather play at a sub-par venue in the 3rd round of the playoffs on Friday instead of a nicer neutral place on Saturday. Could have something to do with 21-20 too but that's just my opinion lol  

5 posts in and you're already trolling it up. I could care less what day it's played on but I do understand how coaches feel about staying on schedule.

But anyways have a good trip down to WH Friday and by the way you will probably need to park on the east side of 69 when you get there.

See ya!

26 minutes ago, FNL1977 said:

According to that logic, I guess all 1A and 2A schools should start playing on Wednesdays lol

Not that is means anything on this thread, but coach Surratt always plays on Friday to keep his players on a regular schedule, This year the first playoff game on Thursday would have never happened if the team the Dawgs were playing was really good.

Just my 2 cents worth.

I'm not sure we will ever know for sure why this game is being played in Whitehouse.  My previous impressions of Moffatt has been he would play anybody anywhere.  He knows Van travels well and the fans will be there wherever the game is played.  I was surprised to see this venue.  

1 minute ago, Reddog90 said:

I'm not sure we will ever know for sure why this game is being played in Whitehouse.  My previous impressions of Moffatt has been he would play anybody anywhere.  He knows Van travels well and the fans will be there wherever the game is played.  I was surprised to see this venue.  

The venue is nowhere ideal no doubt.

We played Lindale in Forney one year because of Meador.

We also played Alvarado in Hurst the same year because we lost a flip. We know the pain all too well.

I don't see what the big deal is about playing in Whitehouse it's about the only stadium between the two towns and from what I have seen from both fan base will be plenty of seating. Plus more money going to each school from ticket sells since I'm sure renting it is alot less then some of the bigger stadiums

• Like 1

Three of those five turnovers shown in these highlights of Van/Henderson recap here: https://www.hudl.com/team/v2/21209/Boys-Varsity-Football

Looks like at least those three were created by defense, not just butterfingers. That being said, I think this is another defensive battle. I don't think either offense was playing at their potential the last game either.

1 hour ago, bansheefan03 said:

I don't see what the big deal is about playing in Whitehouse it's about the only stadium between the two towns and from what I have seen from both fan base will be plenty of seating. Plus more money going to each school from ticket sells since I'm sure renting it is alot less then some of the bigger stadiums

Home side will be ok. Visitors side probably too small.

2 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

It was not a good week for D11.

Carthage 46   Hargrave 0

Van 49   Splendora 14

Henderson 41   Lumberton 0

D10 really flexed its muscles in round 2.

D10 136pts,  D11 14pts and that 14 points was basically scored against Van's deep backups, like JV pulled up for playoffs.

Normally by the 3rd round there are a lot of out of town people that come to watch. That's where the size of the stadium becomes somewhat important. (That's not saying you need a 30,000 capacity stadium) but the more space the merrier.

Now, if the weather forecast stays in tact it shouldn't be that bad. But hopefully the rain will hold off and it's packed like a playoff game should be.

24 minutes ago, DTrump said:

Normally by the 3rd round there are a lot of out of town people that come to watch. That's where the size of the stadium becomes somewhat important. (That's not saying you need a 30,000 capacity stadium) but the more space the merrier.

Now, if the weather forecast stays in tact it shouldn't be that bad. But hopefully the rain will hold off and it's packed like a playoff game should be.

That's what I was thinking. Looked like a red sea in the Star the past couple of years. Lot of extra people make it to the playoffs. My weather app is showing the greatest chance (60%) of rain Friday from 6:00 to 11:00 PM. Maybe it will hold off a few hours.

16 hours ago, Hlion said:

They didn't even sell out their home side when we played them and we haven't sold out a game this year I don't believe. Whitehouse will be fine

The Visitor’s side was Packed when we played y’all... The Home side was MAYBE half full at kickoff, but started Hemorraging fans by halftime and was almost empty by the end of the game...🤣

• Thanks 1

Just now, Hlion said:

They won't move it cause of rain but playing on Fri or sat , van still is airing up basketballs

I know we need to break things down for you Hlion so I will read my post to you again real slowly. I said 90% chance of T H U N D E R  S T O R M S, not rain. When you have thunder, there is this thing called lightning. When lightning strikes, games are delayed. And we would be more than happy to air up Hendersons basketballs for them. By the way us people in Van love your arrogance. I bet your still butt hurt over 21-20 huh lol