Newton (12-0) vs. Daingerfield (10-3), Class 3A (D-II) Quarterfinals

BoyzNdaHood

DF vs newton  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/07/2018 at 01:30 AM

31 minutes ago, donethat529 said:

Awwww Df prolly the best out of that district.. prolly playing much better ball now. Enjoy the big blowout tnite. Beat your chests. Enjoy your high fives. But know there is something lurking.. something waiting and watching. There is an animal that will find you next Friday night. For 48 long minutes you will endure a beating by this beast. You will not win. You cannot win. This beast from the east will be remembered as one of the best ever in this classification. Perhaps you can keep them under 50 and be remembered for that. Perhaps you can put more than 31 on them . One thing is for sure. You will not win. You put up a big number against CC.. our district friend. Thank you so much for providing that focus and motivation for the Purple Beast from the East. We will meet you Friday.

C8C8039C-A6CB-4E96-B9C7-670827DB20F1.png

• Like 1

Here’s jj’s thoughts on Newton. Really enjoyed seeing the kids play at that level and so glad I came to watch. I would say they resemble in many ways what you expect from 5-6A playoff high school teams. 

Now players ....

First, the kid that stood out is number 24. I’d be willing to bet that young man is in the NFL in 3 years. Size, speed and technique was heads and shoulders better than everyone else on the field. Newton Eagle fans I’m telling you he’s the one who you can’t just replace. 4,5,33,8 and 61 are all very very good. Obviously next level ballers. Your Oline is as good as it gets in 3A. 

24 is a man among kids! Probably the best defensive talent in 3A  

Now all that said, on to this weeks game. I’m not gonna predict anything just like this week. Both teams are here for a reason and deserves that respect. Good luck to both. Hope I’m able to make this game. 

And DF fans. If you haven’t seen Newton.....think 2010 DF but better. That’s them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Tiger1995 said:

And DF fans. If you haven’t seen Newton.....think 2010 DF but better. That’s them. 

And JJ if you haven't seen Dfield, think 2010 Cameron Yoe, but better!!! That's us..we going in deep water next week buddy!!! A team filled with D1 players vs a well coached, determined and motivated group of bad boys!!

Pulling for the Tigers! They have came along way. Laughing stock early because of the coaching thing. But even with all that talent, the guy must be doing something right beween sippin (j/k). Had to throw that in for NB. Seriously, hats off to the guy! And more importantly to the kids. Sounds like a tough hill to climb this week. Newton must be on NO Saints level.....😉. Good luck Tigers from one of your HS neighbors.

• Like 2

Man, can these teams score.

Since district play began, Daingerfield is averaging 53 points a game.  Newton...62.  I'd put the over/under on this game at a hundred if it weren't for the fact that Newton is also holding teams to just 5.8 points per game.  The Daingerfield D isn't horrible either at 18.3 ppg.  I think that Newton D will be the difference here, though it has only been tested once against a caliber of offense in the neighborhood of Daingerfield's.  Troup, in district play and beyond, came in averaging 45.1 a game and Newton held them to 14 (in a 69-14 game, so some or all of that could be junk time scoring).  On Daingerfield's end, they've only played two teams averaging more than 40 a game (district and beyond).  In those games, DF is allowing 37.5 ppg.  

56-21 Newton 

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

8 hours ago, JETT said:

This should be a great game, despite what the regular season shows both teams are undefeated as of right now

Smh Jett of course they are both undefeated as of right now afterall it is the playoffs! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 

you Daingerfield Guys are really “Deep Thinkers!”

8 hours ago, EastTxFinest said:

We'll show up anyways. You're sadly mistaken if you think y'all will just dawg us out. If we play to our potential yet again. Yall will be hitting the hardwood sooner than expected

You Son are what I will begin to call “Daingerfield Delusional” Lol

• Like 1

• Mr. P changed the title to Newton (12-0) vs. Daingerfield (10-3), Class 3A (D-II) Quarterfinals