Newton (12-0) vs. Daingerfield (10-3), Class 3A (D-II) Quarterfinals

BoyzNdaHood

DF vs newton  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/07/2018 at 01:30 AM

Just now, bluetopper said:

Does Newton ever get embarrassed or even a little bit ashamed of running the score up on people. Why score more just because you can. Sometimes it really humiliates people.

I've seen a lot of complaints all over this year about this topic... Argyle, Aledo, many others.   I look at it this way,  your kids work their  off to play and win... at some point they need to be prepared to play 4 quarters because come regional finals and beyond they are going to have to play the entire game. 

If you get 7 possessions in the first half and score on them all and hold the other team to 0, that's on them. If you elect to bring your starters out for a series to start the 2nd half that's just keeping them locked in.   I wouldn't want to coach a team in the SC that hasn't been challenged/or even played in the second half of a game. That's just ignorant and unfair to the kids that worked their tail of to get there, they earned the right to play. 

• Thanks 1

What’s more embarrassing for the other team, scoring a lot or punting on 1st down?  

You cant call the dogs off as conditioning is a factor this time of year. 

Pewitt game- 66-bullet at half. Game ended 69-0.  Field goal on 1st and goal.   

Its not the offensive teams job not to score. It’s the defenders job to stop them. 

Just now, Tiger93 said:

Actually Daingerfield have more haters than Newton I believe. We're worse than the Dallas cowboys when it comes to haters. Seems like everyone That doesn't live in our area wants us to lose bad. Don't matter who we play.

All winners with tradition that at one point dominated their league/ competition have haters... it's a sign of respect the way I look at it... Aledo,  SLC, LT, Daingerfield, Celina, Carthage, Gilmer... theres a long list... sorry im not going to name all of them...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bluetopper said:

Does Newton ever get embarrassed or even a little bit ashamed of running the score up on people. Why score more just because you can. Sometimes it really humiliates people.

Newton is averaging like 55 points the first half and less than 10 the second so go blow that smoke somewhere else. 

20 minutes ago, bluetopper said:

No.  Part of being a man is learning to take your licks.  Life will run the score up on ya if you dont watch out.  Life isnt a game though.

21 minutes ago, rykerx144 said:

Newton is averaging like 55 points the first half and less than 10 the second so go blow that smoke somewhere else. 

I know newton played a hard pre district.but that has been a while ago. I think the very weak games all season including playoffs is going to help us. I think we will catch newton off guard at first.anf that's what we are going to need to win.we have to start out hot cause once Newton realizes what all of us dfield fans already know they are going to turn it up. And we are going to need to be ahead when that happens.

21 minutes ago, rykerx144 said:

From what I have seen good teams come at Newton fired up.  Newton seems to feel them out at first or let the adrenaline wear off, I don't know.  So to your point yes that's possible.  No one has sustained that yet. 

I'm hoping we can be the first.

4 hours ago, rykerx144 said:

There's no doubt in my mind your team is going to show up and give it all.  I know your die hard tiger fans.  Would not expect anything less from a program with your tradition.  It is well earned and deserved.  

The same faith and determination you have in your boys that give you the confidence they will show up and upset the Eagles is the same Newton fans have.  We are not just a bunch of cocky, arrogant fans that think we are entitled to the rings.  We have seen the blood sweat and tears these kids have put into this year.  We know the determination they have to get this done and do not think anyone at this level can stop that.  I dont see anything wrong with having that confidence and if it bothers you, it's probably for a good reason. 

I would expect nothing less,  Tigers 36-35.  Homer prediction...

• Stinks 1

15 minutes ago, rykerx144 said:

Ok I dont know who's going to win but I do know DF is not scoring 56 on this Newton D.  

I agree... I'm thinking this will be a below avg scoring affair for both. Both defenses are playing lights out. Both O's can score. I'll wait till later in the week to make a real prediction 

• Mr. P changed the title to Newton (12-0) vs. Daingerfield (10-3), Class 3A (D-II) Quarterfinals