Newton (12-0) vs. Daingerfield (10-3), Class 3A (D-II) Quarterfinals

BoyzNdaHood

DF vs newton  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/07/2018 at 01:30 AM

20 minutes ago, MuleSlicks said:

We know your scared of those Tigers.

Image result for scared animated eagle gif

look at those eyes , they are putting the X on them Blue Tigers tail end. The Eagle Squikes  before he dives and sinks his talons  into his preys flesh  because them Blue Tigers are gonna be running for there lives.true story its gonna happen this friday nite. count on it.

look at those eyes , they are putting the X on them Blue Tigers tail end. The Eagle Squikes  before he dives and sinks his talons  into his preys flesh  because them Blue Tigers are gonna be running for there lives.true story its gonna happen this friday nite. count on it.

look at those eyes , they are putting the X on them Blue Tigers tail end. The Eagle makes a  Shrill  noise  before he dives and sinks his talons  into his preys flesh.   You know  them Blue Tigers are gonna be running for there lives.true story its gonna happen this friday nite. count on it.

32 minutes ago, jimmyw said:

look at those eyes , they are putting the X on them Blue Tigers tail end. The Eagle makes a  Shrill  noise  before he dives and sinks his talons  into his preys flesh.   You know  them Blue Tigers are gonna be running for there lives.true story its gonna happen this friday nite. count on it.

Maybe if you say it again you’ll believe it!

• LOL! 2

On 12/2/2018 at 12:39 AM, rykerx144 said:

Yes your correct, it's the 4th round and both deserve to be here and should be proud of that.  However,

This is a prediction thread and there will be posters show up that do not have THIS YEARS data.   Without digging deep into the data just name your top four or let's say five games that prove your resume. 

Newton 

Win over 4a Reg finalist Silsbee 56-14

Win over 4a Reg finalist  WOS 21-7

Win over Gilmer 51-31

Win over Troup 69-14

Plus 50 point wins over Kirbyville, OPP, Grand Saline, Anderson Shiro, New Waverly .......

Nothing that has happened before this game really matters, you are delusional if you think it does.

1 hour ago, BiggieSmalls said:

What is the worst loss (point differential) Daingerfield has ever taken? Just asking. lol

I don't know if it is the worst, but probably the worst in the last 15 years or so.  Gilmer beat Daingerfield 61-9 in 2014.  I doubt that record is going to be beaten on Friday though.  When I was going through this, I thought it was interesting that even on DF's run winning state championships back to back to back in 2008-2010, they still never beat Gilmer.  They had one loss in each of those state championship years to Gilmer. Daingerfield's last win against Gilmer was in 2005, and they played each year from 2006 through 2015 and Gilmer won every one.  Anyway, little side bit there.  

No matter what happens Friday night I am very proud of this Daingerfield team.  I have not been able to say that much the last few years.  This team has played harder, played cleaner, and kept their cool on the field better then any team I have seen in a while.  They have not had problems with grades that I have heard of and they have worked very hard on and off of the field to get better every single week.  They had a couple of games that were with teams that we had never played before and we were not prepared like we should have been, but they did not quit, they did not get mad, they did not have fights on the sidelines or on the field, they played hard and never stopped.  Now they have become the team that we expected them to be.  They may not win this week and no one outside of Daingerfield think they have a chance, but I believe that if they play a perfect game that they have as much of a chance as anyone.  However,. this game will not change my mind about this team, win or lose, they are winners and will be better next year and I am proud to know that they play where I went to school.  They have gone farther and done more then anyone but them thought they could.  Just play the way you have been playing, leave it all on the field, hold your head high no what.  Tiger Pride!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, wildtigers said:

No matter what happens Friday night I am very proud of this Daingerfield team.  I have not been able to say that much the last few years.  This team has played harder, played cleaner, and kept their cool on the field better then any team I have seen in a while.  They have not had problems with grades that I have heard of and they have worked very hard on and off of the field to get better every single week.  They had a couple of games that were with teams that we had never played before and we were not prepared like we should have been, but they did not quit, they did not get mad, they did not have fights on the sidelines or on the field, they played hard and never stopped.  Now they have become the team that we expected them to be.  They may not win this week and no one outside of Daingerfield think they have a chance, but I believe that if they play a perfect game that they have as much of a chance as anyone.  However,. this game will not change my mind about this team, win or lose, they are winners and will be better next year and I am proud to know that they play where I went to school.  They have gone farther and done more then anyone but them thought they could.  Just play the way you have been playing, leave it all on the field, hold your head high no what.  Tiger Pride!!!

Preach

8 minutes ago, Pax said:

I don't know if it is the worst, but probably the worst in the last 15 years or so.  Gilmer beat Daingerfield 61-9 in 2014.  I doubt that record is going to be beaten on Friday though.  When I was going through this, I thought it was interesting that even on DF's run winning state championships back to back to back in 2008-2010, they still never beat Gilmer.  They had one loss in each of those state championship years to Gilmer. Daingerfield's last win against Gilmer was in 2005, and they played each year from 2006 through 2015 and Gilmer won every one.  Anyway, little side bit there.  

2007 through 2015 Gilmer was 118-11 with two state championships also, so it is no surprise Gilmer beat us, also we only won one game in 2014. 

• Mr. P changed the title to Daingerfield vs. Newton - Friday, 7:30p @ Lufkin Abe Martin Stadium
29 minutes ago, wildtigers said:

2007 through 2015 Gilmer was 118-11 with two state championships also, so it is no surprise Gilmer beat us, also we only won one game in 2014. 

I wasn't trying to take a jab at Daingerfield. 

• Mr. P changed the title to Newton (12-0) vs. Daingerfield (10-3) Class 3A (D-II) Quarterfinals
6 minutes ago, Pax said:

I wasn't trying to take a jab at Daingerfield. 

I knew you weren't just wanted to carry your point out a little, just to make another point, when Newton beat Gilmer this year(by the way I think Gilmer only won five games this year) Gilmer was coming off of a very physical drumming at the hands of Carthage where they lost several keys players and many more banged up for the Newton game the next week.  So when they throw that game up in our face we just shrug it off.  We know what we have right now and  they may be better, but we still believe we have a shot to at least keep it close and if a few things go our way, then who knows what might happen.

• Mr. P changed the title to Newton (12-0) vs. Daingerfield (10-3), Class 3A (D-II) Quarterfinals