Newton (12-0) vs. Daingerfield (10-3), Class 3A (D-II) Quarterfinals

BoyzNdaHood

DF vs newton  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/07/2018 at 01:30 AM

1 hour ago, wildtigers said:

No matter what happens Friday night I am very proud of this Daingerfield team.  I have not been able to say that much the last few years.  This team has played harder, played cleaner, and kept their cool on the field better then any team I have seen in a while.  They have not had problems with grades that I have heard of and they have worked very hard on and off of the field to get better every single week.  They had a couple of games that were with teams that we had never played before and we were not prepared like we should have been, but they did not quit, they did not get mad, they did not have fights on the sidelines or on the field, they played hard and never stopped.  Now they have become the team that we expected them to be.  They may not win this week and no one outside of Daingerfield think they have a chance, but I believe that if they play a perfect game that they have as much of a chance as anyone.  However,. this game will not change my mind about this team, win or lose, they are winners and will be better next year and I am proud to know that they play where I went to school.  They have gone farther and done more then anyone but them thought they could.  Just play the way you have been playing, leave it all on the field, hold your head high no what.  Tiger Pride!!!

Good post

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wildtigers said:

No matter what happens Friday night I am very proud of this Daingerfield team.  I have not been able to say that much the last few years.  This team has played harder, played cleaner, and kept their cool on the field better then any team I have seen in a while.  They have not had problems with grades that I have heard of and they have worked very hard on and off of the field to get better every single week.  They had a couple of games that were with teams that we had never played before and we were not prepared like we should have been, but they did not quit, they did not get mad, they did not have fights on the sidelines or on the field, they played hard and never stopped.  Now they have become the team that we expected them to be.  They may not win this week and no one outside of Daingerfield think they have a chance, but I believe that if they play a perfect game that they have as much of a chance as anyone.  However,. this game will not change my mind about this team, win or lose, they are winners and will be better next year and I am proud to know that they play where I went to school.  They have gone farther and done more then anyone but them thought they could.  Just play the way you have been playing, leave it all on the field, hold your head high no what.  Tiger Pride!!!

💯

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, EastTexasSpeedKills said:

Please don’t talk about our district, We spanked Newton’s 2nd and 3rd Place district mate like they stole something! Please! Weak teams make good teams look great! Just say’n!

Your exactly right, we are gonna look great Friday night!

4 minutes ago, Robhollow84 said:

Your exactly right, we are gonna look great Friday night!

It is quite possible that we are not as good as we think or as good as we can be, but we are definitely much better then you think and give us credit for, and you that keep calling us weak just makes us that much more motivated to reach that next level.

36 minutes ago, wildtigers said:

It is quite possible that we are not as good as we think or as good as we can be, but we are definitely much better then you think and give us credit for, and you that keep calling us weak just makes us that much more motivated to reach that next level.

That’s good, those boys need to play to their utmost potential, reach that next level. Newton has been coasting all year, nobody has seen the level these boy can really play at!

I’m sure that both these teams are good, they made it to the fourth round and yes it is hard to predict these games cause you are dealing with a bunch of teenagers and that ball bounces funny ways. Dreams come true sometimes and there are times that you wished it was a dream because it’s a nightmare and you just want to wake up.

3 hours ago, wildtigers said:

Not weak at all. 75&% as good as 8,9,and 10.  In most years a state contender

• Mr. P changed the title to Newton (12-0) vs. Daingerfield (10-3), Class 3A (D-II) Quarterfinals