Newton (12-0) vs. Daingerfield (10-3), Class 3A (D-II) Quarterfinals

BoyzNdaHood

DF vs newton  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/07/2018 at 01:30 AM

1 hour ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Y’all will score Wolfe. But they will score at will. Exactly what weakness are the Tigers going to expose. That’s the problem there isn’t a weak link anywhere. Even their kicker is unbelievable 

NB let me give you my take on things. Newton has a squad, no doubt about it. However (IMHO) the Qb is a athlete playing the position. They are comfy running the ball. We shut down that run and make him pass. It won't be precision, it's a toss up to #8 and he mostly wins the battle. However we have players in secondary that can solve that. Our safety and corners have speed and leaping ability too. We will put pressure on the qb for sure. Yeah there best 5 may be better than our best 5, but what about the next 20 players. I think we hold the edge there. If we get some stops off top, Tigers win. If not it's a dogfight. Newton will not hold the Tigers offense to these erroneous predictions. 

• LOL! 3
  • Stinks 1

13 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

NB let me give you my take on things. Newton has a squad, no doubt about it. However (IMHO) the Qb is a athlete playing the position. They are comfy running the ball. We shut down that run and make him pass. It won't be precision, it's a toss up to #8 and he mostly wins the battle. However we have players in secondary that can solve that. Our safety and corners have speed and leaping ability too. We will put pressure on the qb for sure. Yeah there best 5 may be better than our best 5, but what about the next 20 players. I think we hold the edge there. If we get some stops off top, Tigers win. If not it's a dogfight. Newton will not hold the Tigers offense to these erroneous predictions. 

Here's your problem.  I do not see accountability for #4 in this theory!   If you drop your secondary to cover 8 then 4 will run all night in the flats.  This is not xbox, your gonna have to find a way to brings these kids down.  Good luck with that theory!

1 hour ago, rykerx144 said:

Be exposed lol

The only thing going to be exposed will be that DF is not on the same level.  

I know DF is supposed to get donkey slapped and all, Many saying it will be over by half time! So come Thursday night about 10:30 pm everybody will supposedly be saying we told you so! So nothing really loses by DF cause that what everybody including the Pope thinks will happen! 

But and I do know to many it is a BIG BUT, what if somehow, by some miracle, they do what everybody said they can’t do??? Can you imagine the epic shock for the Newton fans?

43 minutes ago, rykerx144 said:

Here's your problem.  I do not see accountability for #4 in this theory!   If you drop your secondary to cover 8 then 4 will run all night in the flats.  

I hear ya in that. Hear me now tho, we have a mean linebacker keying on him. (The whole secondary won't be needed to cover #8.) Not worried about him dropping his shoulder either lol! That LB will put your #### in the dirt!

2 minutes ago, EastTexasSpeedKills said:

I know DF is supposed to get donkey slapped and all, Many saying it will be over by half time! So come Thursday night about 10:30 pm everybody will supposedly be saying we told you so! So nothing really loses by DF cause that what everybody including the Pope thinks will happen! 

But and I do know to many it is a BIG BUT, what if somehow, by some miracle, they do what everybody said they can’t do??? Can you imagine the epic shock for the Newton fans?

I dont even want to think about it. 

Just now, EastTexasSpeedKills said:

It will be as traumatic as it was for Yoe when they stormed back to tie the game and thought they were surely on the way to another state championship, and then the IMPOSSIBLE SOMEHOW HAPPENED! Them DF TIGERS by some miracle pulled it out!!! ( This is what we do!)

EDB0D34F-2796-4B13-93A5-D34C542A74B4.jpeg

6 minutes ago, EastTexasSpeedKills said:

A36BD0B8-BC5C-44E3-8BFB-CC939E7CDC1D.gif

• LOL! 1

6 minutes ago, EastTexasSpeedKills said:

It will be as traumatic as it was for Yoe when they stormed back to tie the game and thought they were surely on the way to another state championship, and then the IMPOSSIBLE SOMEHOW HAPPENED! Them DF TIGERS by some miracle pulled it out!!! ( This is what we do!)

EDB0D34F-2796-4B13-93A5-D34C542A74B4.jpeg

funny you brought this up, i just watched that whole game again.

• Like 1

• Mr. P changed the title to Newton (12-0) vs. Daingerfield (10-3), Class 3A (D-II) Quarterfinals