Newton (12-0) vs. Daingerfield (10-3), Class 3A (D-II) Quarterfinals

BoyzNdaHood

DF vs newton  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/07/2018 at 01:30 AM

I got your stupid analogy.  Was not impressed. 

Look people, to say you are peeking at the right time I get that. The tradition, I also get that.  To say you have enough talent that if you jump out ahead and get them rattled.  That is even plausable.  

But. To say your going to contain the QB, lol.  To say you have a linebacker to stop Barlow. Lol!  And that you have a basketball player that will match speed with jumps with Brown.  Not sure what to say about that.  Homerism, blind ambition?  Or just plain clueless???

20 minutes ago, rykerx144 said:

I got your stupid analogy.  Was not impressed. 

Look people, to say you are peeking at the right time I get that. The tradition, I also get that.  To say you have enough talent that if you jump out ahead and get them rattled.  That is even plausable.  

But. To say your going to contain the QB, lol.  To say you have a linebacker to stop Barlow. Lol!  And that you have a basketball player that will match speed with jumps with Brown.  Not sure what to say about that.  Homerism, blind ambition?  Or just plain clueless???

We'll see Thursday night won't we!!!! My analogy was meant to impress you! That's just one of those I told ya so deals!!!!

Just now, NATUREBOY98 said:

You say you matchup well across the board? Okay. I don’t agree but I don’t think it’s a ludicrous assumption. Tigers are definitely athletically gifted. What about the coaching matchup? Do you think you match up well there too or does that advantage go to Newton?

:munch:

17 minutes ago, EastTexasSpeedKills said:

The main weapon that Newton has that we will struggle with is #24! He can cause the tigers some problems!

To be completely honest, #24 is not the best player or most valuable player on defense. Yes, he’s good and getting better, but I think everyone thinks this because of his unbelievable size and big time offers. Newton played the tougher 4A teams without him and you couldn’t tell a difference. The guy that is most valuable on defense is #33 and then #5 and #8 when we play passing teams just because they can play 1on1 and eliminate the offense’s best receivers. Newton wouldn’t skip a beat without #24 and all fans know that. That being said, I’m very greatful to have him and he keeps getting better and better. He will be completely dominant next year. He’s still a little green to this football stuff.

5 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

You say you matchup well across the board? Okay. I don’t agree but I don’t think it’s a ludicrous assumption. Tigers are definitely athletically gifted. What about the coaching matchup? Do you think you match up well there too or does that advantage go to Newton?

Naturally most will say Newton! This coach was with Barbay and he was awesome!!! He should hold a edge, he's much older so he has more experience!  Edge to Newton!!!

7 minutes ago, BiggieSmalls said:

To be completely honest, #24 is not the best player or most valuable player on defense. Yes, he’s good and getting better, but I think everyone thinks this because of his unbelievable size and big time offers. Newton played the tougher 4A teams without him and you couldn’t tell a difference. The guy that is most valuable on defense is #33 and then #5 and #8 when we play passing teams just because they can play 1on1 and eliminate the offense’s best receivers. Newton wouldn’t skip a beat without #24 and all fans know that. That being said, I’m very greatful to have him and he keeps getting better and better. He will be completely dominant next year. He’s still a little green to this football stuff.

In your honest opinion which one does Newton’s defense defend better pass or run, and who was the best passing team you think Newton played? I know the run teams, and I figure Gilmer would be the best pass team!

4 minutes ago, EastTexasSpeedKills said:

In your honest opinion which one does Newton’s defense defend better pass or run, and who was the best passing team you think Newton played? I know the run teams, and I figure Gilmer would be the best pass team!

And at the time Gilmer lit them up they didn't even know who the Qb would be. Choosing between 2 youngsters. Both Sophomores I think. Not too impressive 

Just now, EastTexasSpeedKills said:

Gilmer did not have near the speed they have had in the last several years, and still broke one for 85! .......... very interesting!

Ikr! We have 3 that's gonna be attempting the same thing. #15, #11& #3! Also Qb and #18 on the outside. All of them blazing!!!!

2 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Just think. Could’ve had the same thing. A lot of these boys dad’s and uncles played for the legend DA. Guess he wasn’t qualified though. They did know he was the coach of that perfect ‘83 team I referenced before didn’t they?

DA would have been great! Not only 83, 85 wasn't to shabby either! They lost State in 84 vs Medina Valley 14-7. 

57 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Name me a reserve that's better than any of our starters to make that comparison. You're not even from Newton so you're just a rider! And you have the nerve to call me clueless!!! 

Hide and watch and you will see .... reading your posts, it's pretty obvious you are clueless ... :woot:

7 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Your basing your hopes on one 85 yard TD. Game film on 11 games and that’s all you can point to? Now that’s very very very interesting. 

Just because Newton beat your team by a hundred in the first half, don’t exactly mean it willl happen to us! But even if it does, we know who owns Pewitt! Lol

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, KrookedWolfe said:

What will our backs be doing while they're camping? Do you know we have a D1 WR too? I'm sure he'll be covering #8 when the toss it up to him. I like our chances, our WR been dunking since 8th grade!!!! 

He will be back to dunking on Friday. 😂

3 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

They won’t have to. Your guys are talented. No doubt. Newton will man up with them one on one and send seven. Cause they can. If if a receiver finds a way to get over he will be hit before he can get rid of it. Not a knock on your line. 5 boys can’t block 7 guys. You’ll have to use a tight end to block and the RB will have block. One on one. Athlete vs athlete. Gonna be fun. Who’s gonna help block 24? Nobody cause that will leave one rusher all by his lonesome. These guys are in a league of their own. You said Newton has the coaching advantage. Who do you’ll think will adjust better at half if you manage to stay in the game first half?

I like how NB tries to talk sense into folks.  Dude obviously knows football.  Thursday cant get here soon enough. 

• LOL! 1

• Mr. P changed the title to Newton (12-0) vs. Daingerfield (10-3), Class 3A (D-II) Quarterfinals