Newton (12-0) vs. Daingerfield (10-3), Class 3A (D-II) Quarterfinals

BoyzNdaHood

DF vs newton  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/07/2018 at 01:30 AM

4 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Tell me about. My oldest is 18 and if I hear how she’s not a kid anymore I’m gonna puke. Doesn’t want the rules but wants daddy to pay them bills though lol. 

That's kids nowadays, wants what you worked your whole life for, and they want it now.  

23 minutes ago, MuleSlicks said:

I think they lost a close one to Jefferson in 86 quarterfinal. Jefferson won State.

They did loose to Jefferson!!! I was at game, my brother played on this great team!!!! Coach Mayfield called for a party in backfield and Jefferson shot the gap!!!!! Great year that year, Terry Johnson, Keith and Kevin Smith played on that Jefferson team. They won State.

2 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

They did loose to Jefferson!!! I was at game, my brother played on this great team!!!! Coach Mayfield called for a party in backfield and Jefferson shot the gap!!!!! Great year that year, Terry Johnson, Keith and Kevin Smith played on that Jefferson team. They won State.

Yeah they were in the backfield at the snap of the ball just about every play, it was tough going.

Speed is the name of the game with Newton.. at every single position. Then they have several that are real burners. You may have a couple that can run with them but you do not have a team to run with them. Aggressiveness is something else that can't be measured. You need to look at all the bodies flying around head hunting.  Watch The Walker kid on the O line. He is one of the most aggressive and he's a lineman. Strength is another factor. They work their a$$es off on the weights. Lastly, it's just Newton. The kids believe they're gonna win because that's what their dads and uncles did. They've won there forever.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 1

5 minutes ago, donethat529 said:

Speed is the name of the game with Newton.. at every single position. Then they have several that are real burners. You may have a couple that can run with them but you do not have a team to run with them. Aggressiveness is something else that can't be measured. You need to look at all the bodies flying around head hunting.  Watch The Walker kid on the O line. He is one of the most aggressive and he's a lineman. Strength is another factor. They work their a$$es off on the weights. Lastly, it's just Newton. The kids believe they're gonna win because that's what their dads and uncles did. They've won there forever.

We had dads and uncles too and they were pretty good, hence the full trophy case, we have speed at every position, we fly around and head hunt at every position, we work just as hard in the weight room, the kids believe they are going to win, we can run with anyone you have.  So if you win it will because you were just a better overall team and/or you execute better, because in all of the things that you mentioned above we are just as good.  Sometimes I wonder where all of these people have been all the years.  If you will do a little research we have a little tradition too.  Man you get one great team every ten years and you think that you own Texas High School Football. UGH

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Stinks 2

• Mr. P changed the title to Newton (12-0) vs. Daingerfield (10-3), Class 3A (D-II) Quarterfinals