Newton (12-0) vs. Daingerfield (10-3), Class 3A (D-II) Quarterfinals

BoyzNdaHood

DF vs newton  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/07/2018 at 01:30 AM

46 minutes ago, wildtigers said:

We had dads and uncles too and they were pretty good, hence the full trophy case, we have speed at every position, we fly around and head hunt at every position, we work just as hard in the weight room, the kids believe they are going to win, we can run with anyone you have.  So if you win it will because you were just a better overall team and/or you execute better, because in all of the things that you mentioned above we are just as good.  Sometimes I wonder where all of these people have been all the years.  If you will do a little research we have a little tradition too.  Man you get one great team every ten years and you think that you own Texas High School Football. UGH

Don’t act like Newton’s trophy case is empty. While DF May have a ring or 2 more than Newton is irrevelavent on who will win  tomorrow night. Newton doesn’t have a tradition of being losers either. May wanna check that out as well. 

9 minutes ago, Eagles95 said:

Don’t act like Newton’s trophy case is empty. While DF May have a ring or 2 more than Newton is irrevelavent on who will win  tomorrow night. Newton doesn’t have a tradition of being losers either. May wanna check that out as well. 

Really, I was just answering the other arrogant, uneducated post, I already knew your point and your history.  Everything on this site is irrelevant on who wins, so just breath.

9 minutes ago, Eagles95 said:

Waskom, Paul Pewitt, DF, Tatum, Gilmer, Pleasant Grove, Carthage, Henderson, chapel Hill, Tenaha, Clarksville, Atlanta, and Liberty Eylau all have championships most have more than one, and all these teams are fairly close together! 

Name that many teams from that way that has won the ship besides Newton and WOS! ( little bit difference in competition yearly in my opinion!

1 minute ago, kingwolf said:

How can a game that will last a quarter and half go 47 pages? It would take longer to read all the comments than how long this game will be in doubt....wow

We appreciate the support, we will return the favor when the shoe is on the other foot.

4 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Ask ETF. Me and him could make a 50 page thread and mention football maybe twice lol. I’d be all in this thread if I didn’t have a short leash. Watch out though Nation next season that leash will be gone and we will have a good one lol. Drive safe tomorrow bud. 

Thanks and I know that it is just probably pride that makes me feel this way because I have seen so much video and it looks like an impossibility, but with the words I am hearing from friends in the school system and friends that are close to the team, they are fired up and everyone seems to have a game plan and be ready.  They really do believe and deep down I do too, but like I said it is probably just pride or it could be my gut, you never know.

1 minute ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

It’s pride. Your gut is gonna not feel so good after 2nd quarter. Don’t worry after the initial shock you’ll enjoy their team just as a high school fan. 

Are you going, NB?  If so, you will see Newton with all their players this time.

1 minute ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

It’s pride. Your gut is gonna not feel so good after 2nd quarter. Don’t worry after the initial shock you’ll enjoy their team just as a high school fan. 

Well, been watching High School Football for a long time and I believe that anything can and will happen, just do not know when, Like Dak said about the Saints, they put on their pants the same way we do, so I guess we will show up and see what happens, no matter what proud of this team.

2 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I’m not dissing Dfield any. Y’all have the most tradition between the two schools. This year they’re just in a league of their own. Just like in ‘83 ‘85 and 08-10 nobody could touch y’all. It’s just their year. Not nothing against y’all or anyone else. 

2010 game tells a different story, we came in thinking we were all that and should have gotten beat by a team that way our inferior but believed and played like it, so we will see.

So if we get beat by 60+ points no big deal everyone expected it

So if we get beat by 40 points Newton just let off of the gas

So if we only get beat by 28 points the Newton had a bad night

So if we get within 20 points of them Newton was way off

If we get within one score or win we shock the whole state of Texas

I think the team will take that, play loose, have fun, and continue to believe

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wildtigers said:

So if we get beat by 60+ points no big deal everyone expected it

So if we get beat by 40 points Newton just let off of the gas

So if we only get beat by 28 points the Newton had a bad night

So if we get within 20 points of them Newton was way off

If we get within one score or win we shock the whole state of Texas

I think the team will take that, play loose, have fun, and continue to believe

Your second statement is spot on, bud! 

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Close game? I think my Tigers are gonna win this game. We will see in 2 days. Call my confidence delusional or ### ever. 

This game will for all practical purposes will be over midway through the second quarter ... that's about the time the adrenalin rush fades and reality starts to sink in .... like dominoes .... Pewitt, Troup then DF .... dead man walking ....

4 hours ago, tigernationfan said:

You gotta admit..the snack has helped pass the week lol 

No doubt brother lol, my wife keeps asking why I’m not liking or commenting on her Facebook stuff. Duh, Smoaky is going full tilt, I ain’t got time for that Facebook junk lol

• LOL! 3

• Mr. P changed the title to Newton (12-0) vs. Daingerfield (10-3), Class 3A (D-II) Quarterfinals