Carthage (13-0) vs. Henderson (9-4) Class 4A (D-I) Quarterfinals

Cowboy818113

Henderson vs Carthage  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/2018 at 01:30 AM

18 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

I believe the Dawg D line and linebackers will play well against LH running attack. 

What did LH defense look like and what kind off offense did the team they played today run. 

If LH is a running team, then they won't beat Carthage with a running attack, it would take more than just Running, that's why the La Vega game would be a more even match up.

37 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Didn't walk away to impressed with LH. 

Me either.  Liberty Hill is disciplined and runs their ground game well.  Seem to block and tackle well.  But they are undersized and I think they will have multiple matchup problems against Carthage.  If the Dawgs play a clean game we should win by two scores.  I look for a lot of offense.

17 minutes ago, LionKing12172920 said:

If LH is a running team, then they won't beat Carthage with a running attack, it would take more than just Running, that's why the La Vega game would be a more even match up.

They attempted 3 pass plays today.  One was incomplete in end zone, one resulted in a sack, and the last was a long TD.

9 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Me either.  Liberty Hill is disciplined and runs their ground game well.  Seem to block and tackle well.  But they are undersized and I think they will have multiple matchup problems against Carthage.  If the Dawgs play a clean game we should win by two scores.  I look for a lot of offense.

Desperation Hail Mary passes by one dimensional teams seldom yield the desired result. 

59 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Desperation Hail Mary passes by one demensional teams seldom yield the desired result. 

Well, they are in the state semifinals, which means they have won a bunch of games. They run the slot-T, which is a big equalizer for teams at an athletic disadvantage. You can expect them to be hard-hitting, extremely well coached, and will execute to near perfection. They may very well be the most disciplined team the Dawgs have seen this year. That said, Coach Surratt is, IMHO, the best football coach in the state of Texas, and will have his team well prepared. Good coaching and execution on both sides means it boils down to athletic ability, and Carthage has a huge advantage there. 

5 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Well, they are in the state semifinals, which means they have won a bunch of games. They run the slot-T, which is a big equalizer for teams at an athletic disadvantage. You can expect them to be hard-hitting, extremely well coached, and will execute to near perfection. They may very well be the most disciplined team the Dawgs have seen this year. That said, Coach Surratt is, IMHO, the best football coach in the state of Texas, and will have his team well prepared. Good coaching and execution on both sides means it boils down to athletic ability, and Carthage has a huge advantage there. 

I watched a few videos of Liberty Hill, & they seem to be Very disciplined,& control the tempo of the game, much like PG did against Carthage earlier in the year; from the time they break huddle until the time the QB takes the snap is seldom more than two seconds... As someone else stated earlier, they seen to be small in size, but to still be in the hunt says much about their capabilities.

2 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I watched a few videos of Liberty Hill, & they seem to be Very disciplined,& control the tempo of the game, much like PG did against Carthage earlier in the year; from the time they break huddle until the time the QB takes the snap is seldom more than two seconds... As someone else stated earlier, they seen to be small in size, but to still be in the hunt says much about their capabilities.

I hope they don’t do what PG did and run the play clock down to 1 second before snapping the ball on every play.

3 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

It’s all about assignment football this week.  Know your gap and make the tackle if you see the ball.  Backside corners must stay home to account for the counter and the QB bootleg.  Dawgs will have many size and speed advantages on O and D.  Just going to have to roll up their sleeves and get it done.  There ain’t no quit in Liberty Hill either.

6 minutes ago, coachkells said:

This Liberty Hill / Carthage game is going to be a knock down drag out and take a heavy toll on both teams.  I remember playing LH over the past few years and how beat up the team would be after those games.  

I don’t know Kells. LH didn’t look very physical today. Maybe it’s just the way it looked on TV. But it looked to me like Carthage is gonna have a big day vs LH. I could be way wrong though.

14 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

I don’t know Kells. LH didn’t look very physical today. Maybe it’s just the way it looked on TV. But it looked to me like Carthage is gonna have a big day vs LH. I could be way wrong though.

I think there is a good chance Capps throws for 300+.  If LH gambles with pressure like they did today against LV raise that to 400+.  Dixon, Williams, Colle, Holcomb & Smith are all going to be matchup problems for LH.

La Vernia Didn't impress me at all.  To stop LH you are going to have to get down and dirty and hit the LH in the mouth. They are way better then PG at running this offense, they also have 3 backs that can take it to the house on any play. They want to run lots of play and wear you down.  Saying that I have not been impressed with there defense the last thing I would want is to get in to a shoot out with them, and have them running 70+ plays at the defense. Then the next week have to play in the Championship against another physical team.  We had to play LH last year before we played Carthage we had several guys nursing bumps and sprains from the week before.  Not how you want to go into the biggest game of the year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1