Pleasant Grove (11-2) vs. Pittsburg (10-3) Class 4A (D-II) Quarterfinals

Pittpirate1919

Who wins  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Pittsburg
    • Pleasant Grove

44 minutes ago, BandDirector said:

Perception is PG District is affluent and also the good athletes in Texarkana area including Redwater that parents can make it work (afford) transfer their athletes there. I’m not saying it is the truth, but what one perceives is ones truth. 

Afford??   It does not cost a dime to transfer to PG.  This is the first year PG has an “open” district.   PG has got a few “transfers” this year that will and have helped athletics already.   

4 hours ago, DevelopQB said:

Afford??   It does not cost a dime to transfer to PG.  This is the first year PG has an “open” district.   PG has got a few “transfers” this year that will and have helped athletics already.   

What transfers are you talking about? We have one linebacker who's dad is a coach.

7 hours ago, DevelopQB said:

They're moving for athletic purposes and paying a high price of having to miss a year of varsity competition. It's still a rule by the UIL and it's a good rule. Still, it happens to much in Texarkana.

16 hours ago, Jeffersondogs96 said:

May put Gladewater in there next yr. They beat PG straight up and also return a bulk of their starters

PG fumbled, or had ball stripped in final second for the winning touchdown. I'll bet you now PG has more players coming back next year then Gladewater. I will say the RB from Gladewater is awesome.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nonothing said:

I love hearing "It's very hard to beat a team twice in the same year"

We've done it before, will do it again...we've done some "very hard" things this year and make them look "very easy."

Yeah, Idk why it would be harder to beat a team twice. Both teams get to see the other up close, so the advantage doesn't go to the one who got beat. Idk what yall have made look very easy though... thats why I think we have a decent shot. 

14 hours ago, VDUB said:

What transfers are you talking about? We have one linebacker who's dad is a coach.

It’s frustrating, as soon as a school has consistent success fans of schools who don’t have success start saying the successful schools are recruiting. It’s an excuse, because all schools have kids move in and move out routinely.

13 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

It’s frustrating, as soon as a school has consistent success fans of schools who don’t have success start saying the successful schools are recruiting. It’s an excuse, because all schools have kids move in and move out routinely.

Why is it frustrating?   I don’t care how many kids move in or out of a district just as long as they are not being recruited by the coaches or anyone connected to the school.  Let’s just watch the game and enjoy that two schools from the same district get to play each other.  Go Pitt

32 minutes ago, texan1010 said:

Yeah, Idk why it would be harder to beat a team twice. Both teams get to see the other up close, so the advantage doesn't go to the one who got beat. Idk what yall have made look very easy though... thats why I think we have a decent shot. 

Please explain why Pittsburg has a decent shot.  

PG is just a nice place to go to school.  The facilities are nice.  The schools are located in a generally safe area.  Heck! Texarkana has even built a elementary school in PG right across the street from the PG high school and football field. If you live in district the school taxes are a bit high.  In this case you get what you pay for 

32 minutes ago, downtheline said:

Why is it frustrating?   I don’t care how many kids move in or out of a district just as long as they are not being recruited by the coaches or anyone connected to the school.  Let’s just watch the game and enjoy that two schools from the same district get to play each other.  Go Pitt

It’s frustrating,  ecause we have to put up with fans of other schools always accusing our school of recruiting players. People want to move in to play for our school, we don’t have to recruit anyone! HA!

25 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

It’s frustrating,  ecause we have to put up with fans of other schools always accusing our school of recruiting players. People want to move in to play for our school, we don’t have to recruit anyone! HA!

We get the same thing at wos. But whats funny is schools that do recruit  sometimes  still don't win. Nobody cares because they r not winning. But when programs r successfull and  your not losing , they gotta find something else to finger point at. 

• Like 2