1. 1. Who wins

• Pittsburg
    • Pleasant Grove

27 minutes ago, dlb441 said:

Prediction: Pitt 35-28 

Jimmerson has 2 passing tds and 2 rushing tds

Allen rushes for+100 1td

Griffin has +100 receiving 2tds

If Pitt has no turnovers they can win this game. 

...but 3 sacks, 2 INTs, and 3 fumbles change the score to 28-14 Hawks

53 minutes ago, Unbiased1 said:

I am no expert, but PG had been held to under 28 three times all year. One game was in the pouring rain, one was against Carthage, and then again against Connally (I think it was wet conditions there). I highly doubt the Pitt defense is going to accomplish that task, BUT I have been wrong before.

I think they can.  

5 hours ago, dlb441 said:

Prediction: Pitt 35-28 

Jimmerson has 2 passing tds and 2 rushing tds

Allen rushes for+100 1td

Griffin has +100 receiving 2tds

If Pitt has no turnovers they can win this game. 

I agree Pitt could win, but the rain won't help either team, particularly Pitt which has more speed, but less depth.

• LOL! 1

10 hours ago, Unbiased1 said:

I am no expert, but PG had been held to under 28 three times all year. One game was in the pouring rain, one was against Carthage, and then again against Connally (I think it was wet conditions there). I highly doubt the Pitt defense is going to accomplish that task, BUT I have been wrong before.

PG had 28 against Carthage.

10 hours ago, Hawknation03 said:

PITT has skill players but they are outmatched in depth. The hawks should pull away in the 2nd half. I just don’t see Pitt hanging with PG if the score is close going into the second half. 

PG does have more depth.  No doubt.  I hope it is an injury free game.  If Pitt is ahead in the 4th quarter or less than 6 behind then Pitt’s play makers will find a way to make a big play and win. 

• LOL! 1

13 minutes ago, downtheline said:

PG does have more depth.  No doubt.  I hope it is an injury free game.  If Pitt is ahead in the 4th quarter or less than 6 behind then Pitt’s play makers will find a way to make a big play and win. 

That’s a big IF right there. 

While depth does favor PG as far as personnel, a closer look at the stats seems to show Pitt holds their own in the second half.  While Pitt has allowed 152 points in the second half, Pitt has scored 226 points during that half.  Pitt has been out scored 3 times this season.   Only 2 of those were loses.   Of the 3 games Pitt failed to score in the 4th quarter, only 1 was a loss.  Yes, Pitt has several playing both ways, but you have to have your best athletes on the field to win football games. 

18 minutes ago, DocAcs15 said:

While depth does favor PG as far as personnel, a closer look at the stats seems to show Pitt holds their own in the second half.  While Pitt has allowed 152 points in the second half, Pitt has scored 226 points during that half.  Pitt has been out scored 3 times this season.   Only 2 of those were loses.   Of the 3 games Pitt failed to score in the 4th quarter, only 1 was a loss.  Yes, Pitt has several playing both ways, but you have to have your best athletes on the field to win football games. 

Man I hear all of these stats and I understand that its what the teams have been doing but the fact is that Pitt has not been playing any team in the playoffs that are close to the caliber of team that PG is. Same goes for PG! The last good team PG faced was Carthage. These teams in the early round of the playoffs are not real good and are only there because they didn't finish last in their district. Its like me throwing out stats about the Hawks beating Roosevet, Connally and yes Gilmer also. I dont think Gilmer was as good as Connally this year. The point is, these teams are really not on the same level. Squeaking by Lorena doesnt hold that much weight. Lorena lost to Connally. The good teams are going to be winning the early rounds by a pretty good margin. All we can do is play the game and may the best team win, but dont put any stock in what Pitt has done to their opponents in the playoffs. PG is on a whole other level than the teams Pitt has beat. If Pitt pulls it off then I will certainly give credit to Pitt but the fact is Pitt will have to hope for a collapse from the Grove to even have a chance in this game.

59 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

Man I hear all of these stats and I understand that its what the teams have been doing but the fact is that Pitt has not been playing any team in the playoffs that are close to the caliber of team that PG is. Same goes for PG! The last good team PG faced was Carthage. These teams in the early round of the playoffs are not real good and are only there because they didn't finish last in their district. Its like me throwing out stats about the Hawks beating Roosevet, Connally and yes Gilmer also. I dont think Gilmer was as good as Connally this year. The point is, these teams are really not on the same level. Squeaking by Lorena doesnt hold that much weight. Lorena lost to Connally. The good teams are going to be winning the early rounds by a pretty good margin. All we can do is play the game and may the best team win, but dont put any stock in what Pitt has done to their opponents in the playoffs. PG is on a whole other level than the teams Pitt has beat. If Pitt pulls it off then I will certainly give credit to Pitt but the fact is Pitt will have to hope for a collapse from the Grove to even have a chance in this game.

Dude, Lorena was good. Probably would be in contention for district title in D6. No one except for the QB was super exceptional, but they were solid and disciplined in every phase of the game. Connally and Gilmer were quality opponents too. Round 1, yes that was basically a tune-up game for PG and Pitt. 

As far as depth--it affects Pitt, but not for the reasons that everyone is saying. We haven't blown a lead or really got blown out because dudes were tired. In fact we've had comebacks against good teams and consistently have made big plays late in close games. Depth affects Pitt because we have no insurance for injuries. If someone gets hurt (like the kicker/snapper last game) then it can drastically impact the game. We couldn't punt or kick against Lorena at all. So I agree lack of depth is a problem, but if you think Pitt just gets tired every 4th quarter I think there is proof that its not the case.