Pleasant Grove (11-2) vs. Pittsburg (10-3) Class 4A (D-II) Quarterfinals

Pittpirate1919

Who wins  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Pittsburg
    • Pleasant Grove

The offside call should never have been made   How does Linesman make the call from the 45 when the other official on the 40 doesn’t make the call?  PI on #19 was a terrible call and that change the drive completely in favor of PG.  was a great game and congrats to PG and their adopted stripe extended family

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, downtheline said:

The offside call should never have been made   How does Linesman make the call from the 45 when the other official on the 40 doesn’t make the call?  PI on #19 was a terrible call and that change the drive completely in favor of PG.  was a great game and congrats to PG and their adopted stripe extended family

That is not accurate. I watched the game on the internet, it was PI, and the announcers even agreed. He completely cut off his route not having a clue where the ball was. And don’t start with the adopted stripe family, Pitt got a huge penalty and scored after Jimmerson was sacked for a big loss. ALL of the personal fouls were good calls. I can honesty say I didn’t see the recovery, so not arguing that. 

7 minutes ago, Unbiased1 said:

That is not accurate. I watched the game on the internet, it was PI, and the announcers even agreed. He completely cut off his route not having a clue where the ball was. And don’t start with the adopted stripe family, Pitt got a huge penalty and scored after Jimmerson was sacked for a big loss. ALL of the personal fouls were good calls. I can honesty say I didn’t see the recovery, so not arguing that. 

So your saying it wasn’t defensive holding?   Just for the fun of it I will watch the game again.   But you do have a right to be wrong on the PI on 19.   It wasn’t.   

4 minutes ago, downtheline said:

So your saying it wasn’t defensive holding?   Just for the fun of it I will watch the game again.   But you do have a right to be wrong on the PI on 19.   It wasn’t.   

They showed a replay of the PI call and I still thought it was. I can assure you if it wasn’t called the PG faithful would be growling. The game didn’t come down to those penalties. There were 2 INTs and one for pick six, that was the difference in that game. Pitt could not get running game rolling, and take away that pick six, and they walk out of there winners. Way too many variables in that game to blame officiating.