Pittpirate1919

Who wins  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Pittsburg
    • Pleasant Grove

1 hour ago, Julia said:

I didn't see a run over there what I saw was a helmet to helmet 

Yeah its really not a good technique by the PG player but #6 threw his head right in there also. Glad neither of them were hurt that was a violent impact for both players with the Pitt player getting decleated.

1 hour ago, texan1010 said:

Dude, Lorena was good. Probably would be in contention for district title in D6. No one except for the QB was super exceptional, but they were solid and disciplined in every phase of the game. Connally and Gilmer were quality opponents too. Round 1, yes that was basically a tune-up game for PG and Pitt. 

As far as depth--it affects Pitt, but not for the reasons that everyone is saying. We haven't blown a lead or really got blown out because dudes were tired. In fact we've had comebacks against good teams and consistently have made big plays late in close games. Depth affects Pitt because we have no insurance for injuries. If someone gets hurt (like the kicker/snapper last game) then it can drastically impact the game. We couldn't punt or kick against Lorena at all. So I agree lack of depth is a problem, but if you think Pitt just gets tired every 4th quarter I think there is proof that its not the case.

Lorena  is Solid! They are not rounded enough yet to contend for a title. To me they are about like PG was in 2015 and 2016. They are a good team but not on par with say Cuero, WOS, Carthage, La Vega or PG. As far as depth not being a factor in Pitt getting tired, go back and look at that out pass play to #12 for the Grove in the first game. Jimmerson gets beat to the pylon because its obvious he is exhausted. #12 is not a slow poke but he should have been fetched by Jimmerson with his speed.

29 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

Try to take on a Hawk and it will put that beak on you every time!

Be careful what you say about our players being big fast and aggressive. There is a guy on the Friday night football app accusing Coach Gibson of giving his kids performance enhancing drugs. What an idiot!!

Just now, Pittpirate1919 said:

The way they talking on hear they act like pleasant grove the Patriots go ahead lay down pittsburg yall dont stand a chance according to this board lol lol 

And pretty much all other non bias High School football insiders reporters, commentators, analyst....

16 minutes ago, downtheline said:

If arrogance was a Norteast Texas dirt road, y’all would be a super highway. 

Well...that doesn't really make sense since a superhighway is not a dirt road. Try this:

If arrogance were a Northeast Texas Road, ya'll would be the Chisolm Trail.

...and honestly...I don't think any of us are arrogant...personally...I just like seeing the reaction. I know anything can happen on Friday night, but I also know what probably will happen Friday.

Just now, Nonothing said:

Well...that doesn't really make sense since a superhighway is not a dirt road. Try this:

...and honestly...I don't think any of us are arrogant...personally...I just like seeing the reaction. I know anything can happen on Friday night, but I also know what probably will happen Friday.

Yea you have toned down quite a bit! I mean is there really a nice way to say I hope ya'll lose. Oh that's right: I hope we win!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Nonothing said:

Thought it would go over your head.