Pleasant Grove (11-2) vs. Pittsburg (10-3) Class 4A (D-II) Quarterfinals

Pittpirate1919

Who wins  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Pittsburg
    • Pleasant Grove

1 hour ago, DevelopQB said:

No names obviously.   A Jr. transfer that is ineligible at the time, a Sr. that is helping in hoop and 3 Fresh that will help.    

That Jr was impressive when I saw him.  He was best player on the field. That was a JV game though. We wondered why he wasn’t playing on fridays. Y’all chain crew explained why 

16 hours ago, Hawknation03 said:

Jimmerson looks pretty tired to me on this play!

IMG_0251.MOV

Jimmerson had to be tired. This season he's run for over 1,000 yards and 21 TDs, passed for over 2,000 yards and 21 TDs, intercepted 6 passes playing defense, returned 30 punts for a 24.9 yard average. This kid is destined for greatness if he doesn't get seriously hurt for playing too much.

59 minutes ago, 68Hornet said:

Jimmerson had to be tired. This season he's run for over 1,000 yards and 21 TDs, passed for over 2,000 yards and 21 TDs, intercepted 6 passes playing defense, returned 30 punts for a 24.9 yard average. This kid is destined for greatness if he doesn't get seriously hurt for playing too much.

No doubt!

1 hour ago, 68Hornet said:

those stats don't sound like he's tired...🤔

24 minutes ago, Pittpirate1919 said:

Game day today safe travels to the fans and the kids pray for no injuries let's play ball

Second that emotion.  Glad we are going to The Star.  Better than outside tonight.  For the PG team.   Go I-30 West until you get to 271.  Go South to I-20 and turn east.   At Shreveport go north until you are back on 30 and then back East.  J/K.  Y’all have safe travels and see y’all about 8

• Stinks 1

I honestly haven't seen both teams, just PG twice, but I do feel like PG has the upper hand here. PG's coaching staff is just excellent, and they are a very good team. Plus, they've already won once this year. 

But I gotta admit, it's hard to keep up with some of these teams now that we've dropped down. Just glad to see this district having to beat one another out. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, downtheline said:

Second that emotion.  Glad we are going to The Star.  Better than outside tonight.  For the PG team.   Go I-30 West until you get to 271.  Go South to I-20 and turn east.   At Shreveport go north until you are back on 30 and then back East.  J/K.  Y’all have safe travels and see y’all about 8

We've been there before, several times. The best part is the free valet parking. Just park your car in front of the practice field and a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader will park it for you. Oh yeah, can't forget the free self-serve concessions.   

• Stinks 1

9 minutes ago, Nonothing said:

We've been there before, several times. The best part is the free valet parking. Just park your car in front of the practice field and a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader will park it for you. Oh yeah, can't forget the free self-serve concessions.   

What a tip she will get as long as my wife isn’t looking.  

16 minutes ago, EasyTheGreat said:

Pitt D is gonna have to be aggressive and make some plays. 

I do agree that the DL has to be very aggressive.  I don’t think that you just try to control the LOS against a good wing-t offense like PG runs.   Pitt will have to gamble and try to cause havoc in the backfield without taking the DL out of the play by making too much penatration in the backfield. Fine line to play.  Traps and counters worry me and then you have to be aware of possible pass.  Play action worries me more than straight pass plays

1 hour ago, downtheline said:

I do agree that the DL has to be very aggressive.  I don’t think that you just try to control the LOS against a good wing-t offense like PG runs.   Pitt will have to gamble and try to cause havoc in the backfield without taking the DL out of the play by making too much penatration in the backfield. Fine line to play.  Traps and counters worry me and then you have to be aware of possible pass.  Play action worries me more than straight pass plays

I would also add to Pittsburgh not to stack the box and try to stop the run. Ben will beat you with his arm if you do. Pleasant Grove is definitely not one dimensional. They take what the defense gives them and are very proficient at both!!

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Hawkguy888 said:

I would also add to Pittsburgh not to stack the box and try to stop the run. Ben will beat you with his arm if you do. Pleasant Grove is definitely not one dimensional. They take what the defense gives them and are very proficient at both!!

You have to try and stop whatever any offense does best.   But, your correct.  Pittsburg’s (notice no h at the end) secondary will have to keep the receivers in front of them and not give up the long pass.  

2 minutes ago, downtheline said:

You have to try and stop whatever any offense does best.   But, your correct.  Pittsburg’s (notice no h at the end) secondary will have to keep the receivers in front of them and not give up the long pass.  

My phone put the H at the end.  Defending champion Pleasant Grove ,(Notice the defending champion at the beginning) will be ready. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Hawkguy888 said:

My phone put the H at the end.  Defending champion Pleasant Grove ,(Notice the defending champion at the beginning) will be ready. 

You are only as good as your last game and anything that happened last year doesn’t matter. But if it makes you feel better then that is ok.