Malakoff (10-2) vs. Atlanta (8-5) Class 3A (D-I) Quarterfinals

H3llR4z0r

Atlanta Rabbits vs Malakoff Tigers  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who moves on to the Semi-Finals to face Brock/Shallowater?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/2018 at 01:30 AM

Guest Tiger03lb

After seeing Atlanta early on in the season and hearing the game on Thursday against MV, we should be able to run against Atlanta and mix it up against their defense. I think the key on defense is to apply pressure early in the game on the qb. If everyone is saying their o line and d line is weak still. It will be a long night for them. If we win the LOS, that front 7/d line is hard to beat. I'm sure coach will have a good game plan and will have the boys ready. Don't think this will be an easy game at all like everyone is saying. Pass d is a weakness and Atlanta could take us down and here as of lately Atlanta is a second half team. Should be a good one. I'm taking Malakoff by 10/14 points

12 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Here we go! Both teams are great or they wouldn't be here! Both are runner-ups in their districts as well! Who moves on?

Atlanta's record is deceptive. Very hard pre-district schedule against Gilmer, Gladewater, Pleasant Grove, and Liberty Eylau. Found their groove in second half against West Rusk in Round 1.

2 minutes ago, HEFFRO3 said:

It is going to be a cold and wet Friday night for everyone. Rain chances are 70% so there may not me much of a passing game for either team. Thursday looks like the day to play the game?

Or Saturday

If I was Malakoff I would not go for Thursday because they just played yesterday and that would only give them four days between games 

Guest Tiger03lb

I'm actually liking these Saturday games. I wouldn't mind again. Beats being wet. Lol. It's already going to be cold this week. 

14 hours ago, BigBoyRabbit03 said:

Mt. Vernon did have some good runs. They also run a lot of misdirection it’s harder to stop that type O imo. No one really stopped them all year I think we held them to the lowest score they had all year.

Can't give yall all the credit lol. Jefferson also held them to 14 pts and we were up 20-0 at one point

• Like 1

If Atl plans on running straight at these guys, forget it. Try attacking the edges. Got to be able to mix pass and run on Tigerville. Malakoff will be real simple. They'll pound u with the run game out of the spread, suk u in and hit u with a screen pass here and there and 10 or 15 yard passes. If Atl can get their backs loose, they win. If they don't,  they lose. Honestly I don't think Atl stops the Malakoff run. If Jeffy and G-water couldn't stop their run, I don't think Atl will. Just my opinion. (By the way, my opinion don't mean squat lol). If Malakoff can run downhill and control clock they win, if they can't, they lose. 

• Like 1

PLEASE READ MALAKOFF FANS

i hear Malakoff is the visiting team.  If you don’t know where the stadium is let me give some advice.  If you plan on using your GPS don’t enter the stadium address enter Lear Park.  You’ll get multiple choices but any of them will work there is two entrances into Lear Park and there is a light at both of them.  This will carry you into the backside of the visitors parking and also the parking lots around the schools will be used once the parking lots are full.  Other than that there’s only one entrance into the stadium and traffic can really get backed up there. There is pretty good parking around the stadium and there is additional parking in the grass on both sides but if it has rained or raining that will not be used.  They hosted a playoff game a few years ago in the fourth round and at the start of the second quarter there was  still traffic backed up trying to get in.  I feel like it was halftime before some people get to their seats.  Sort of like Mineola because they only had one person selling tickets haha.  At least at Mineola you could watch the game while you were standing in line won’t be able to do that here.  My best advice is to get there early and I can’t stress that enough.  If you ask what early is that means something different to most everyone.  If it were me I would be there 45 minutes to an hour early.  I know many people will be working and not be able to get away soon enough to get there that early  if you can’t get there early be prepared to be patient don’t get mad at everyone there’s nothing anybody can do it it is what it is.  Round 4 will draw a lot of neutral fans that does nothing but add to the congestion.  There is a possibility of rain Friday as of right now so that could cause many to stay home.  Like I said the earlier you can get there the better many people like to just get somewhere a few minutes before it starts if you do you’ll probably have a pretty good walk from your car and miss some of the game. Once again if you are from Malakoff I would definitely use the entrance through Lear park it will make life much easier on you.  Once the parking lots are full everyone will be directed to the school parking and then to Lear Park.  Everyone drive safe and good luck to both teams 

3 hours ago, ClawNAntler said:

PLEASE READ MALAKOFF FANS

i hear Malakoff is the visiting team.  If you don’t know where the stadium is let me give some advice.  If you plan on using your GPS don’t enter the stadium address enter Lear Park.  You’ll get multiple choices but any of them will work there is two entrances into Lear Park and there is a light at both of them.  This will carry you into the backside of the visitors parking and also the parking lots around the schools will be used once the parking lots are full.  Other than that there’s only one entrance into the stadium and traffic can really get backed up there. There is pretty good parking around the stadium and there is additional parking in the grass on both sides but if it has rained or raining that will not be used.  They hosted a playoff game a few years ago in the fourth round and at the start of the second quarter there was  still traffic backed up trying to get in.  I feel like it was halftime before some people get to their seats.  Sort of like Mineola because they only had one person selling tickets haha.  At least at Mineola you could watch the game while you were standing in line won’t be able to do that here.  My best advice is to get there early and I can’t stress that enough.  If you ask what early is that means something different to most everyone.  If it were me I would be there 45 minutes to an hour early.  I know many people will be working and not be able to get away soon enough to get there that early  if you can’t get there early be prepared to be patient don’t get mad at everyone there’s nothing anybody can do it it is what it is.  Round 4 will draw a lot of neutral fans that does nothing but add to the congestion.  There is a possibility of rain Friday as of right now so that could cause many to stay home.  Like I said the earlier you can get there the better many people like to just get somewhere a few minutes before it starts if you do you’ll probably have a pretty good walk from your car and miss some of the game. Once again if you are from Malakoff I would definitely use the entrance through Lear park it will make life much easier on you.  Once the parking lots are full everyone will be directed to the school parking and then to Lear Park.  Everyone drive safe and good luck to both teams 

Excellent advise! Thank you! Is this the same Lear Park where the big baseball/softball complex is at?

21 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

I'm actually liking these Saturday games. I wouldn't mind again. Beats being wet. Lol. It's already going to be cold this week. 

At some point either team will have to look at the State Championship game being on a Thursday for 3A DI.  So they need to get away from Saturday games ASAP.  Friday is the best night for Mally since they played last Saturday.  Coaches are still finalizing their game plan this am before practicing this afternoon.  Good Luck to both teams as they have beat folks they were not supposed to beat to get here.  

25 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

If you guys don’t want to play there we will 😂

Haha I hate you guys didn't make it. We were looking at that rematch. Hopefully our boys can come out ready to play Friday.. They're going to need to start fast this week, of all weeks. 

1 hour ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Haha I hate you guys didn't make it. We were looking at that rematch. Hopefully our boys can come out ready to play Friday.. They're going to need to start fast this week, of all weeks. 

Yeah their defense is really good and well coached. You will have to earn a win against them. The score ended lopsided but we had plenty of opportunities. I think we had 5 trips inside their 20 that we didn’t score. We also chose not to punt and gave them the ball in great field position (once inside the 15). If Atl wins they will have to play their best game because I don’t see Malakoff giving the game away. I will be pulling for either team that wins this one to go all the way. Good luck to both teams. 

• Mr. P changed the title to Malakoff (10-2) vs. Atlanta (8-5) Class 3A (D-I) Quarterfinals