Malakoff (10-2) vs. Atlanta (8-5) Class 3A (D-I) Quarterfinals

H3llR4z0r

Atlanta Rabbits vs Malakoff Tigers  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who moves on to the Semi-Finals to face Brock/Shallowater?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/2018 at 01:30 AM

35 minutes ago, BigBoyRabbit03 said:

Malakoff and Atlanta both represents #bEASTTEXAS I feel the winner of this game has a solid chance of bringing back that shiny piece of art we’re all battling over. 

Do we qualify as east Texas? Most people think we are too close to the Trinity River. Lol. But at least we are on the east side of it. Lmao!

• Mr. P changed the title to Malakoff (10-2) vs. Atlanta (8-5) Class 3A (D-I) Quarterfinals
3 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

Yeah their defense is really good and well coached. You will have to earn a win against them. The score ended lopsided but we had plenty of opportunities. I think we had 5 trips inside their 20 that we didn’t score. We also chose not to punt and gave them the ball in great field position (once inside the 15). If Atl wins they will have to play their best game because I don’t see Malakoff giving the game away. I will be pulling for either team that wins this one to go all the way. Good luck to both teams. 

Yep. Not many teams lose when having more total yardage and first downs throughout the game. We moved the ball fine then every time around the redzone just came to a vault. Much less lose 35-7. If only we could’ve put up points off the interception going into halftime with the lead and getting ball... lol

33 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

Yep. Not many teams lose when having more total yardage and first downs throughout the game. We moved the ball fine then every time around the redzone just came to a vault. Much less lose 35-7. If only we could’ve put up points off the interception going into halftime with the lead and getting ball... lol

Yeah, that game was a lot closer than the score indicated. Difference was that Malakoff had a couple of big plays that put points on the board and GW did not. 

9 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

Yeah, that game was a lot closer than the score indicated. Difference was that Malakoff had a couple of big plays that put points on the board and GW did not. 

Yes and I give the credit to their defense. The smaller field got the tougher the sledding became. After the interception at the end of the 1st half we started at the 13 and still didn’t score. No other defense has been able to do that to us this year. Tough losing any game but I at least felt like we lost to a team that for at least that day was the better team. 

4 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Yes and I give the credit to their defense. The smaller field got the tougher the sledding became. After the interception at the end of the 1st half we started at the 13 and still didn’t score. No other defense has been able to do that to us this year. Tough losing any game but I at least felt like we lost to a team that for at least that day was the better team. 

Definitely don’t feel like it’s one of those games where you just flat out got whooped. Hopefully it lights a fire under the guys this off season bc the talent is as bright as it has ever been at gw

6 hours ago, Playdefensefirst said:

At some point either team will have to look at the State Championship game being on a Thursday for 3A DI.  So they need to get away from Saturday games ASAP.  Friday is the best night for Mally since they played last Saturday.  Coaches are still finalizing their game plan this am before practicing this afternoon.  Good Luck to both teams as they have beat folks they were not supposed to beat to get here.  

You are right. The state championship will be on a Thursday so this week doesn’t need to be put off until Saturday. The forecast has a lower chance of rain for Thursday than both Friday or Saturday. I know Malakoff played Saturday but if Malakoff is as good as the “fans” on here say they are, it shouldn’t matter what day they play. Atlanta could not do any preparation before Saturday because they didn’t know who they would be playing anyways so? The region 1 teams are playing Thursday so ever who wins between Atlanta and Malakoff will  be playing on a short week next week anyways. Good luck to both teams. 

3 minutes ago, HEFFRO3 said:

You are right. The state championship will be on a Thursday so this week doesn’t need to be put off until Saturday. The forecast has a lower chance of rain for Thursday than both Friday or Saturday. I know Malakoff played Saturday but if Malakoff is as good as the “fans” on here say they are, it shouldn’t matter what day they play. Atlanta could not do any preparation before Saturday because they didn’t know who they would be playing anyways so? The region 1 teams are playing Thursday so ever who wins between Atlanta and Malakoff will  be playing on a short week next week anyways. Good luck to both teams. 

Yeah after that physical game played Sat Aft at Tyler playing Sat on short rest not so much. Its not the preparation as much of advantage as it is the 2 extra days of rest for the Rabbs

36 minutes ago, HEFFRO3 said:

Also of note Yoakum and Edna was moved to Sat Afternoon at 2 pm 

Guest Tiger03lb
2 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

The difference was when we stop GW 3 series in a row in the 3rd qtr and the momentum changed and crowd got into it. Never understood why wouldn't you feed Carter the ball in that qtr. He had to have over 100 yds in just the first half. Just straight passing to start the 3rd other than a couple of run plays. I think if GW had more passing plays than the handful they have, they could have moved the ball better in those situations. I agree that it was close until mid 3rd qtr. 

Guest Tiger03lb
2 hours ago, HEFFRO3 said:

I just don't want to be wet and cold at the same time. lol. I could careless what day we play. I'm just enjoying this weather right now and Saturday's have been great. Jmo. We've been in this situation before when we played yoe 2 years before. That game was raining hard and we were able to pull it out with a win. 

I suppose Atl is a big underdog.  They can be unstoppable if they are playing to their potential.  They have also had game a quality JV could have beat them.  That has been their legacy the past two years.  I think this Friday they overcome this mojo

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OLEMAN said:

I suppose Atl is a big underdog.  They can be unstoppable if they are playing to their potential.  They have also had game a quality JV could have beat them.  That has been their legacy the past two years.  I think this Friday they overcome this mojo

Last 3 years! In 16 we had the best underachieving team we’ve ever had. When they played good you couldn’t stop them then all of a sudden they fall apart and get in there own way. Reminds me a lot of this year but they’ve been keeping the intensity up so they have been playing a lot better.

2 minutes ago, BigBoyRabbit03 said:

I wish we could have been in 3a the last 5 years though. I believe we would have 3 state championships instead of 1. If we get past the Koff maybe we can get that second one we’re craving so much.

Well we are still craving that 1st one. Lol. Had a good shot at it in 16’ but a turnover at a costly time against a good Yoakum team ended that run. Not saying we would have won but we would have matched up better with Mineola than Yoakum did. IMO. I don’t think at the beginning of 18’ anybody expected us to be in the mix. After the two losses to Grandview and Kemp everybody forgot about us all together. But here we are and we know what we have to do going forward. I’ll admit I know hardly anything about Atlanta. But I know if our defense continues to play the way they have been we will have a chance. Good luck and safe travels to all. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NavyDad0526 said:

Well we are still craving that 1st one. Lol. Had a good shot at it in 16’ but a turnover at a costly time against a good Yoakum team ended that run. Not saying we would have won but we would have matched up better with Mineola than Yoakum did. IMO. I don’t think at the beginning of 18’ anybody expected us to be in the mix. After the two losses to Grandview and Kemp everybody forgot about us all together. But here we are and we know what we have to do going forward. I’ll admit I know hardly anything about Atlanta. But I know if our defense continues to play the way they have been we will have a chance. Good luck and safe travels to all. 

Atlanta is school full of skilled kids. We usually don’t have the best line but when we do we make it deep. Our 03 team that won state was men amongst boys! Best Oline we’ve had. We was a run it Down your throat type team back then and let our RBs beat y’all. All in all Atlanta is and will probably always be a track school. We have to go to 5a track meets and a lot of the time we would win those. At one point we had 23 consecutive district champs. That’s why we talk about speed so much. This so happens to one of our slower classes imo. 

10 minutes ago, BigBoyRabbit03 said:

Atlanta is school full of skilled kids. We usually don’t have the best line but when we do we make it deep. Our 03 team that won state was men amongst boys! Best Oline we’ve had. We was a run it Down your throat type team back then and let our RBs beat y’all. All in all Atlanta is and will probably always be a track school. We have to go to 5a track meets and a lot of the time we would win those. At one point we had 23 consecutive district champs. That’s why we talk about speed so much. This so happens to one of our slower classes imo. 

I watched some videos of y’all. Your QB looks like he’s a baller! Read somewhere on here or FSSW that he plays LB too. He looks like an all around great athlete. Also looks as if they call his number quite a bit. Seems to be a tough runner. We will obviously have to keep him in check if we want to be successful.