Malakoff (10-2) vs. Atlanta (8-5) Class 3A (D-I) Quarterfinals

H3llR4z0r

Atlanta Rabbits vs Malakoff Tigers  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who moves on to the Semi-Finals to face Brock/Shallowater?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/2018 at 01:30 AM

1 minute ago, RAB4LIFE said:

Gwater ran around those ends all day long. Why they started throwing I have no idea. #15 & #74 have zero concept of contain. We will run outside all night. Run trips and get those OLB in slot coverage.... 8+ yards every time. 

I hear ya 

14 minutes ago, Jeffersondogs96 said:

Hold on. They got loose one time with a homerun hitter. A perfect wide receiver screen pass. Other than that, they were running downhill chewing clock. 

True, True. Homerun hitter.... Homerun- yes. Like you said, it was the perfect screen. They lul you to sleep with the 3-4 yard runs then hit it to #1. We've seen that 2 weeks in a row now, it's obvious what to look for. 

6 hours ago, RAB4LIFE said:

Gwater ran around those ends all day long. Why they started throwing I have no idea. #15 & #74 have zero concept of contain. We will run outside all night. Run trips and get those OLB in slot coverage.... 8+ yards every time. 

So what happened to all them speedsters against Gladewater and Jefferson? Just curious. Our Front seven is the best you will face I promise. And we have faced speed before. We just faced a fast spread offense in Jefferson and a pro style offense in Gladewater. Same result! Y’all will gain some yards against us, sure. But your defense has to be able to stop us too. All that speed you claim you have don’t mean squat when it’s standing on the sideline watching our offense chew up the clock. Just ask Jefferson! Lol SMH.

Guest Tiger03lb
6 hours ago, RAB4LIFE said:

One qb roll out to the left side for a td, in which he decided not to throw and kept it to run. Then the second half they tried that and didn't get anywhere. Smh, you must be that poster from fssw I was talking about. So go ahead and think that will help you guys and make that your game plan. 

Guest Tiger03lb
5 hours ago, Jeffersondogs96 said:

Hold on. They got loose one time with a homerun hitter. A perfect wide receiver screen pass. Other than that, they were running downhill chewing clock. 

Don't forget about that callback for a td as well with #1. 😉 lol. Garrett has been able to keep up with anybody offensively or defensively 

9 hours ago, NavyDad0526 said:

I wouldn’t miss it for the world! Haven’t missed a game in 10 years or so. Don’t see me starting now. I’ve got plenty of cold/rainy weather gear. Plus my sons coming in on leave from Navy and he wants to see all his old friends and teammates so we are going. We will all just be sick next week I guess. Lol. Maybe it won’t be as bad as they are predicting. 🤞🏻

Thank your son for his service!!! ❤️

Guest Tiger03lb
5 hours ago, RAB4LIFE said:

True, True. Homerun hitter.... Homerun- yes. Like you said, it was the perfect screen. They lul you to sleep with the 3-4 yard runs then hit it to #1. We've seen that 2 weeks in a row now, it's obvious what to look for. 

Must be working since we beat Jeffy and GW. Nobody hasn't been able to stop it. I've been saying the last two weeks that we can beat you passing or running. If you can't stop both then you are in trouble. #1 caught some expressive balls in good coverage last week that weren't screens. 

8 hours ago, RAB4LIFE said:

Rabs all day, any day, any weather!! Only folks picking Malakoff are either from Malakoff, or Jefferson and Gladewater. Guess trying to make themselves feel better.... lol 

It will be a 2 touchdown win. 

And 2 of the 3 teams you mentioned have already beaten Atlanta this year, and I look for it to be a clean sweep after this week. 

Oh, and despite what you think, NOTHING, even watching Malakoff win the State Championship, will make me feel better!!! 

Both Atlanta and Malakoff have speed on offense.  Garrett for the Tigers will lure you to sleep and then watch out. QB Peace has an outstanding arm and has more weapons than just Garrett. He doesn't run as much as Samples from Atlanta does, but he is just as effective. 

I don't doubt that Atlanta has gotten better since we played them. I know the Atlanta offense has always had the talent to score and do it often, but I believe Malakoff's biggest advantage will be their defense. They may not totally shut the Atlanta offense down (and then again they might), but they will put tons of pressure on Samples and limit his choices. The Rabbits will have to earn every yard they get. 

Another factor will be coaching. Nothing against the Rabbit coaches but Driskell is one of the best. About the time you think you've figured out the Tiger offense, it changes. Not much, but enough to keep the ball out of the opponent's hands, and enough on defense to bring opponent's offensive drives to a stop. A Malakoff coached game is one you look back on and wonder what happened. Your offense will be gradually moving inch by inch down the field and then you'll hit a brick wall. It'll have you shaking your head.

Nothing against Malakoff, but our game against them was closer than the 35-7 score indicated. On the other hand, our game against Atlanta was NOT NEARLY AS CLOSE as the 37-20 score indicated. 

If Malakoff continues to play like they did against Jefferson and Gladewater, nothing can stop them.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RAB4LIFE said:

Don't be tellin... lol

He don't look that fast. I bet a 4.60/40 lol 

a 4.6 40 is flying man bahahahaha....drives me crazy when folks think your not fast unless it's a 4.3 - 40......I go to showcases all over America and see most of the top kids in America perform combines.....4.6 real time legit laser is flying! There's hundreds of 5 star WR's that run 4.6 -40 real timed 40s

19 minutes ago, Tiger1995 said:

a 4.6 40 is flying man bahahahaha....drives me crazy when folks think your not fast unless it's a 4.3 - 40......I go to showcases all over America and see most of the top kids in America perform combines.....4.6 real time legit laser is flying! There's hundreds of 5 star WR's that run 4.6 -40 real timed 40s

Lmao.... Looks like I called that 4.6 correctly!! And no sir that is not "flying" top being silly.

7 hours ago, Jeffersondogs96 said:

2 hours ago, NavyDad0526 said:

So what happened to all them speedsters against Gladewater and Jefferson? Just curious. Our Front seven is the best you will face I promise. And we have faced speed before. We just faced a fast spread offense in Jefferson and a pro style offense in Gladewater. Same result! Y’all will gain some yards against us, sure. But your defense has to be able to stop us too. All that speed you claim you have don’t mean squat when it’s standing on the sideline watching our offense chew up the clock. Just ask Jefferson! Lol SMH.

He ain't lying! Man I believe yall ran it right it around 45-50 times and averaged right at 3.7 yards per carry. The Rose kid carried the 38 times for 140 yards. It was like watching the sun rise and go down in slow motion lol

2 hours ago, NavyDad0526 said:

I'm referring to the way we match up with MALAKOFF!! Y'all think cause y'all beat 2 teams that beat us then y'all should automatically beat us?? That's absurd!! Like I said the ends were terrible. #8 and #33 made up for their weekness. GW could have ran outside 5+ yards every single play. They got out coached.