Malakoff (10-2) vs. Atlanta (8-5) Class 3A (D-I) Quarterfinals

H3llR4z0r

Atlanta Rabbits vs Malakoff Tigers  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who moves on to the Semi-Finals to face Brock/Shallowater?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/2018 at 01:30 AM

2 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

Must be working since we beat Jeffy and GW. Nobody hasn't been able to stop it. I've been saying the last two weeks that we can beat you passing or running. If you can't stop both then you are in trouble. #1 caught some expressive balls in good coverage last week that weren't screens. 

They should just give y'all the state trophy now.

Guest Tiger03lb
30 minutes ago, RAB4LIFE said:

They should just give y'all the state trophy now.

That's ridiculous! No one from Malakoff has never said that or even thinks that.  We've been taking one game at a time. We'd rather earn it than it be given to us.

1 hour ago, RAB4LIFE said:

Lmao.... Looks like I called that 4.6 correctly!! And no sir that is not "flying" top being silly.

True, True. Homerun hitter.... Homerun- yes. Like you said, it was the perfect screen. They lul you to sleep with the 3-4 yard runs then hit it to #1. We've seen that 2 weeks in a row now, it's obvious what to look for. 

Lmao. Do you consider Cardinals WR FITZGERALD a fast WR? 

Fyi he runs a 4.63-40!!!! 5 of the NFLs top WRs run in the 4.6s. 

Dashon Watson runs a 4.68 😂 guess he’s slow too. 

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, Golfingnut said:

And 2 of the 3 teams you mentioned have already beaten Atlanta this year, and I look for it to be a clean sweep after this week. 

Oh, and despite what you think, NOTHING, even watching Malakoff win the State Championship, will make me feel better!!! 

Both Atlanta and Malakoff have speed on offense.  Garrett for the Tigers will lure you to sleep and then watch out. QB Peace has an outstanding arm and has more weapons than just Garrett. He doesn't run as much as Samples from Atlanta does, but he is just as effective. 

I don't doubt that Atlanta has gotten better since we played them. I know the Atlanta offense has always had the talent to score and do it often, but I believe Malakoff's biggest advantage will be their defense. They may not totally shut the Atlanta offense down (and then again they might), but they will put tons of pressure on Samples and limit his choices. The Rabbits will have to earn every yard they get. 

Another factor will be coaching. Nothing against the Rabbit coaches but Driskell is one of the best. About the time you think you've figured out the Tiger offense, it changes. Not much, but enough to keep the ball out of the opponent's hands, and enough on defense to bring opponent's offensive drives to a stop. A Malakoff coached game is one you look back on and wonder what happened. Your offense will be gradually moving inch by inch down the field and then you'll hit a brick wall. It'll have you shaking your head.

Nothing against Malakoff, but our game against them was closer than the 35-7 score indicated. On the other hand, our game against Atlanta was NOT NEARLY AS CLOSE as the 37-20 score indicated. 

If Malakoff continues to play like they did against Jefferson and Gladewater, nothing can stop them.

Game was definitely closer than that 21-7 with 7 mins to go and then the 4th down stop of the Bears inside their own 10 skewed it 

5 minutes ago, Coach0001 said:

Game was definitely closer than that 21-7 with 7 mins to go and then the 4th down stop of the Bears inside their own 10 skewed it 

True. They had to go for it at that point. We create alot turnovers. A "wet" ball might be MISD downfall. We all know those boys don't like the cold or the rain. IE

Grandview

Kemp

Yoakum'16

1 hour ago, RAB4LIFE said:

I'm referring to the way we match up with MALAKOFF!! Y'all think cause y'all beat 2 teams that beat us then y'all should automatically beat us?? That's absurd!! Like I said the ends were terrible. #8 and #33 made up for their weekness. GW could have ran outside 5+ yards every single play. They got out coached. 

This is absolutely great stuff to put up in the locker room. Lol. Keep it coming. 

• LOL! 1

9 minutes ago, NavyDad0526 said:

This is absolutely great stuff to put up in the locker room. Lol. Keep it coming. 

13 minutes ago, RAB4LIFE said:

True. They had to go for it at that point. We create alot turnovers. A "wet" ball might be MISD downfall. We all know those boys don't like the cold or the rain. IE

Grandview

Kemp

Yoakum'16

Am I wrong??? Didn't think I was.

• Stinks 1

4 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

One qb roll out to the left side for a td, in which he decided not to throw and kept it to run. Then the second half they tried that and didn't get anywhere. Smh, you must be that poster from fssw I was talking about. So go ahead and think that will help you guys and make that your game plan. 

He's definitely not the same person. Though Rab is stirring the pot, he definitely knows at least something about football. I can't say that much about the other. 

19 minutes ago, Coach0001 said:

Well it was not raining against Grandview nor against Yoakum of which the skill kids from that game have graduated 

Oh my bad. The Grandview game must have been moved. I know it was raining almost everywhere that Friday. 

I see a lot of references to whom ended who's season, and how close this game was, or this game wasn't, or how fast this team is, and how fast that team isn't. I can just as easily say that we beat the team that gave Gladewater their first loss, and that we beat a team that won Malakoff's district, and how it even wasn't as close as the 42-21. Kemp pulled out all the stops to make that game closer. They even kicked and recovered an onside kick to start the game. I can make excuses all day long as to why we lost this, and that. Malakoff points at their QB being knocked out of the game against Kemp. Well, ours was injured against Gladewater, and our offense runs through him. The difference is that Samples will keep playing until he's unable to walk, even if that means he can't be productive in the ways we need him to be.

I could dissect every game each team has played this post season, and who those teams had played, but it all boils down to nothing. Excuses are like... anyways... Both teams made it to this point because they've put things together at the right time. We may very well get beat this week, and it is what it is. Malakoff is obviously a great team, and so is Atlanta. 

It's all about; Matchups, Coaching, and who shows up. Turnovers will be extremely important, as they are every game. 

Let's just hope for a clean, injury free game. I hope whomever wins this game, can win it all. I don't foresee either team having issues on the field as far as sportsmanship goes. I think both teams are pretty clean in that aspect. 

Good luck and safe travels to everyone! Bring your rain gear!

• Like 4

I’m just ready for the game. Both team are here for a reason and It really don’t matter what each person think! These young men have worked hard to get to this point. Who cares that GW and Jefferson beat ATL and Kemp beat Malakoff, that took place in season 2 we are in season 3 (postseason) and both still have to play the game. Each team match up differently. Good luck to both team and i will be pulling for our region to win it all but hope my Rabbs come out on top. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I see a lot of references to whom ended who's season, and how close this game was, or this game wasn't, or how fast this team is, and how fast that team isn't. I can just as easily say that we beat the team that gave Gladewater their first loss, and that we beat a team that won Malakoff's district, and how it even wasn't as close as the 42-21. Kemp pulled out all the stops to make that game closer. They even kicked and recovered an onside kick to start the game. I can make excuses all day long as to why we lost this, and that. Malakoff points at their QB being knocked out of the game against Kemp. Well, ours was injured against Gladewater, and our offense runs through him. The difference is that Samples will keep playing until he's unable to walk, even if that means he can't be productive in the ways we need him to be.

I could dissect every game each team has played this post season, and who those teams had played, but it all boils down to nothing. Excuses are like... anyways... Both teams had it to this point because they've put things together at the right time. We may very well get beat this week, and it is what it is. Malakoff is obviously a great team, and so is Atlanta. 

It's all about; Matchups, Coaching, and who shows up. Turnovers will be extremely important, as they are every game. 

Let's just hope for a clean, injury free game. I hope whomever wins this game, can win it all. I don't foresee either team having issues on the field as far as sportsmanship goes. I think both teams are pretty clean in that aspect. 

So true! All of it! I'm focusing on the matchups and I feel like we will exploit their weeknesses. Outside contain and the secondary (excluding #1) is mediocre at very best. 

4 minutes ago, frozeng03 said:

I’m just ready for the game. Both team are here for a reason and It really don’t matter what each person think! These young men have worked hard to get to this point. Who cares that GW and Jefferson beat ATL and Kemp beat Malakoff, that took place in season 2 we are in season 3 (postseason) and both still have to play the game. Each team match up differently. Good luck to both team and i will be pulling for our region to win it all but hope my Rabbs come out on top. 

Well I need to discuss it with someone lol

Everyone I know is an Atlantian.... That most know sqaut about Malakoff or football for that matter. Except my boy but I try not to add any pressure. Haha So I can't have these discussions.... lol 

1 minute ago, RAB4LIFE said:

Well I need to discuss it with someone lol

Everyone I know is an Atlantian.... That most know sqaut about Malakoff or football for that matter. Except my boy but I try not to add any pressure. Haha So I can't have these discussions.... lol 

You have every right to discuss. I have a pretty good football eye myself and depth of knowledge of the game . Not far removed from coaching. Everyone has a weakness and tendency that why coaches plan and try to exploit them. Im just as fired up as you because  no one is giving us a chance. We still have to play the game. 

6 minutes ago, frozeng03 said:

You have every right to discuss. I have a pretty good football eye myself and depth of knowledge of the game . Not far removed from coaching. Everyone has a weakness and tendency that why coaches plan and try to exploit them. Im just as fired up as you because  no one is giving us a chance. We still have to play the game. 

Yeah I feel like we are the "Malakoff" of week 4, everyone is looking past us. Malakoff still has to come to Longview and take it from us. 

50 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I could dissect every game each team has played this post season, and who those teams had played, but it all boils down to nothing. Excuses are like... anyways... Both teams made it to this point because they've put things together at the right time. We may very well get beat this week, and it is what it is. Malakoff is obviously a great team, and so is Atlanta. 

It was actually very good civil conversation till your boy Rab showed up. You stated yourself that he’s just in here stirring the pot. Which is ok. Every village has to have that one guy. Lol. Good luck to y’all and try to stay warm and dry Friday night.