San Augustine (12-2) vs. Tenaha (10-3) Class 2A (D-I) Quarterfinals

SAWolfman

Who Wins  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/07/2018 at 01:00 AM

SA may have beat Garrison but how does it feel knowing that next week will be the last game of the season? Final score 41-12. SA won't be able to break through the defense of Tenaha especially if they play like they did this afternoon. Those pups will be sent home with their tail between their legs.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

Just now, onetexans2012 said:

SA may have beat Garrison but how does it feel knowing that next week will be the last game of the season? Final score 41-12. SA won't be able to break through the defense of Tenaha especially if they play like they did this afternoon. Those pups will be sent home with their tail between their legs.

Yeah...ok.  Did Tenaha beat Garrison in district?  I forget...and did Tenaha score 41 on Joaquin?  I forgot about that one too...

12 minutes ago, onetexans2012 said:

You sir win dumbest post of the day

• LOL! 1

I watched the first game this year in Tenaha and it was a good one! I think the Tenaha defense is for real, but they had some help from the officials.

SA had at least 150 yards of offense and 1 TD negated by penalty.  As a totally neutral fan it seemed very unbalanced to me.

I predict SA to win the game, but it's very hard to count Tenaha out in any playoff game. They just have the formula. . Part of the formula is the fact they realize that the season is a long drawn out event. They don't beat their kids down early in the grueling heat, and they gradually build them to be their best improving each week and peaking at the right time. My opinion.

SA 35 Tenaha 28, but I can easily see myself eating crow with this prediction.  

I'm not exactly sure with this one, athletes all over the place.. Ima hafta think about it awhile, two good teams late in the year... Health, fatigue and other factors could make the difference.. Could weather come in to play? Posta be rain next weekend, be interesting to see how both handle that too. Js 

You can really throw out records and stats this year more than any other year it seems when it comes to predictions. What I have seen is better ftball across the board in 2A and 3A  divisions from all schools. Even the ones who typically have losing seasons. On any week one of the lesser accomplished teams has the ability to knock off the favorite. That's why all the common opponent stuff doesn't apply. It's all about match ups. All athletes seem to be in better shape. Better trained. Better prepared. I am sure each side in this contest will talk smack and think they will win and rightfully so.....I have no idea in my prediction. I believe they match up well athlete for athlete. Should be a great contest. Mistakes will decide the outcome. Who will make the fewest....And this applies to the coaches as well.

2 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

I'm still confused but who the hell didn't  get beat by somebody in this region?.. Lol 

The fact that anybody can beat anyone on any given day is not lost in our region. Even Newton and Carthage are not undefeatable. They just work harder to limit the mistakes that would help beat them, oh, and they pay their coach's a buttload of money. TrueStorie

1 hour ago, upullinmychain said:

I'm still confused but who the hell didn't  get beat by somebody in this region?.. Lol 

Every team in the 2A region has a loss to someone in it. I’d say that’s pretty competitive! 

As for this game, I’m leaning SA. I didn’t think they’d be able to knock off Garrison. They did a really good job although they made it a bit more interesting than need be at the end according to people sending me updates. 

I will say that Tenaha is also playing very very motivated football as well. They good. Offense can turn it on in a hurry. Defense must’ve played really well last week. 

Should be a really really good game to determine our regions champion!

• Mr. P changed the title to San Augustine (12-2) vs. Tenaha (10-3) Class 2A (D-I) Quarterfinals