San Augustine (12-2) vs. Tenaha (10-3) Class 2A (D-I) Quarterfinals

SAWolfman

Who Wins  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/07/2018 at 01:00 AM

Congrats SA Wolves on a big win, and advancing back to the semi-finals. I'm hoping y'all will get to match back up with Refugio, and put those cocky buggers and their coach in their place. Also congrats to Tenaha on another great season. Nothing to be ashamed of, it's just that a better team won tonight, and I'm sure they'll represent region III real well. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Cat51993 said:

SA is better than I thought. Good luck next round.  Tigers congratulations on another great season.  Please keep my wife out of the discussion. She is 6 3 240 and might kick my butt if you stop by and wake her up.

That's a whole lot of woman Cat. You're a lucky man! Tru-Up

• LOL! 1

30 minutes ago, DawgPound73 said:

See that’s how you compliment people wolfman!!  😂.  Quit being so hard on us Dawgs Rams and Tigers fans!  Those DE’s y’all have are beasts!   

But its the other way around if yall win!  Lol

RUSHING—Tenaha, Jay Lloyd 26-125, Jordan Marshall 5-21, Hayden Jenkins 7-19, Jaqualin Franks 1-3, Jeremy Patton 3-(-3). San Augustine, Kevorian Barnes 19-246, Tijay Thomas 16-169, DelMarquis Barnes 2-3, Team 1-(-16).
PASSING—Tenaha, Jenkins 18-30-2—156, Franks 0-2-0—0. San Augustine, Thomas 0-3-0—0, DelMarquis Barnes 0-1-1—0.
RECEIVING—Tenaha, Franks 6-42, Tray Tutt 4-29, Lloyd 3-24, Erik Smith 2-21, Patton 2-17

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, SAWolfman said:

RUSHING—Tenaha, Jay Lloyd 26-125, Jordan Marshall 5-21, Hayden Jenkins 7-19, Jaqualin Franks 1-3, Jeremy Patton 3-(-3). San Augustine, Kevorian Barnes 19-246, Tijay Thomas 16-169, DelMarquis Barnes 2-3, Team 1-(-16).
PASSING—Tenaha, Jenkins 18-30-2—156, Franks 0-2-0—0. San Augustine, Thomas 0-3-0—0, DelMarquis Barnes 0-1-1—0.
RECEIVING—Tenaha, Franks 6-42, Tray Tutt 4-29, Lloyd 3-24, Erik Smith 2-21, Patton 2-17

Qther Lloyd who can replaced like Trai Gardner the future is bright Jordan Marshall sop, Tray Tutt soph, Patton Freshman,  Jekins and Smith junior the linebacker problem will get solved in spring  with weight room and a soph or freshman stepping up.  Tenaha is the top ranked round ball team in the area. Region 3 was a weak region from the start next season with strong senior class and soph will see were SA does! The future is bright in Tiger land!

3 hours ago, 24Deep said:

Qther Lloyd who can replaced like Trai Gardner the future is bright Jordan Marshall sop, Tray Tutt soph, Patton Freshman,  Jekins and Smith junior the linebacker problem will get solved in spring  with weight room and a soph or freshman stepping up.  Tenaha is the top ranked round ball team in the area. Region 3 was a weak region from the start next season with strong senior class and soph will see were SA does! The future is bright in Tiger land!

SA has the ENTIRE offense returning and 9 on defense.

28 minutes ago, Foozball said:

If this is true they’ll win state next year in a 16-0 season 

That prediction could be premature.  Shiner is in a very similar situation and just barely lost to Refugio last week.  They have the two biggest running backs I've ever seen in 2A, one a Junior and the other a Freshmen that is an absolute beast already.  Shiner returning almost entire offense and team as a whole is also the biggest I've ever seen in 2A and with zero obesity.

4 hours ago, 24Deep said:

Thought Shelbyville was top team in area in basketball. 

44 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

That prediction could be premature.  Shiner is in a very similar situation and just barely lost to Refugio last week.  They have the two biggest running backs I've ever seen in 2A, one a Junior and the other a Freshmen that is an absolute beast already.  Shiner returning almost entire offense and team as a whole is also the biggest I've ever seen in 2A and with zero obesity.

Is that a fat joke?

1 hour ago, bystander76 said:

Is that a fat joke?

Not at all.  I'm just saying that sometimes when a team is described as big, a good bit of that is belly and booty.  I wasn't poking fun at the guys that fit in that category as I am one of them too.  With Shiner, their guys are big and fit.

51 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Not at all.  I'm just saying that sometimes when a team is described as big, a good bit of that is belly and booty.  I wasn't poking fun at the guys that fit in that category as I am one of them too.  With Shiner, their guys are big and fit.

Just giving  u a hard time. Murr told me early on this year the same about our guys...he said we’re huge up front, but more athletic up there as well. These boys are stout, but in great physical shape as well. As for me and you...we are in shape too...I mean ROUND is a shape isn’t it?

Great game last night!! Game was much closer than the score was. SA pulled away late in the 4th. Thought the callls went both ways with a few missed against both teams. Glad to see two local schools still fighting this late in the season,!!! Congrats to both schools on a great year!!

20 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

Great game last night!! Game was much closer than the score was. SA pulled away late in the 4th. Thought the callls went both ways with a few missed against both teams. Glad to see two local schools still fighting this late in the season,!!! Congrats to both schools on a great year!!

SA has pulled away late 3 out of the 4 games in the playoffs.  I chalk that up to halftime adjustments by our coaching staff!

13 minutes ago, SAWolfman said:

SA has pulled away late 3 out of the 4 games in the playoffs.  I chalk that up to halftime adjustments by our coaching staff!

Very good adjustments both games. Changed to Thomas at qb against garrison, and last night was defensive to slow down Lloyd.