San Augustine (12-2) vs. Tenaha (10-3) Class 2A (D-I) Quarterfinals

SAWolfman

Who Wins  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/07/2018 at 01:00 AM

Well, I was pulling for the other three teams, thinking SA had their chance to represent the region last year and got embarrassed in the semi-final by a far superior team.  Now regardless who takes this one, Tenaha or SA, they will need to play mistake free football in the semi-final against either Refugio or Mason.  I know that's getting a bit ahead because these guys right now are just focused on this week and getting the win.  Good luck to both, may both stay injury free, and may the best team win. 

33 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Well, I was pulling for the other three teams, thinking SA had their chance to represent the region last year and got embarrassed in the semi-final by a far superior team.  Now regardless who takes this one, Tenaha or SA, they will need to play mistake free football in the semi-final against either Refugio or Mason.  I know that's getting a bit ahead because these guys right now are just focused on this week and getting the win.  Good luck to both, may both stay injury free, and may the best team win. 

Ya you counted us out last week, go ahead and count us out this week too, we’ll win with or without your support. 

46 minutes ago, DawgPound73 said:

No prediction from me,  I don’t like either team playing.   Is it softball/Baseball/track  season yet?  I heard Garrison was trash at everything but football so I’m looking forward to proven those folks wrong.   Dawgs 4 life!  

You dont have to like us....but now you gotta respect us.  See you next year!

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

59 minutes ago, bystander76 said:

Ya you counted us out last week, go ahead and count us out this week too, we’ll win with or without your support. 

He is a region 3 hater.  Rightfully so since no one has beat Mason or Refugio.  I just scroll right past him.

3 hours ago, villagegenius said:

Every team in the 2A region has a loss to someone in it. I’d say that’s pretty competitive! 

As for this game, I’m leaning SA. I didn’t think they’d be able to knock off Garrison. They did a really good job although they made it a bit more interesting than need be at the end according to people sending me updates. 

I will say that Tenaha is also playing very very motivated football as well. They good. Offense can turn it on in a hurry. Defense must’ve played really well last week. 

Should be a really really good game to determine our regions champion!

It was a freak play with them getting that KR return for a TD. They didnt have enough of a passing game to score with 30 secs left.  Porter was non existent in the 2nd half.  Game was won.  The look on the Garrison sideline proved so.

2 hours ago, SAWolfman said:

It was a freak play with them getting that KR return for a TD. They didnt have enough of a passing game to score with 30 secs left.  Porter was non existent in the 2nd half.  Game was won.  The look on the Garrison sideline proved so.

We should have passed more early in the game, but that’s the coaches decisions.  Y’all did what y’all came to do,  give our offense few possessions.   Great game plan and adjustments at half.   

4 hours ago, SAWolfman said:

He is a region 3 hater.  Rightfully so since no one has beat Mason or Refugio.  I just scroll right past him.

I have no hate for Region 3.  I'm born and raised east Texas and want to see them do well.  Glad to see you're keeping track of me.  Having read your analysis of "talent" leading up to last year's semi-final game, most would do well to scroll right past you too.  But, then they would be missing out on a good laugh?  Try to get out more so you have a better awareness of what the talent levels are throughout the state and you  wouldn't overrate your home team so much.  

16 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

I have no hate for Region 3.  I'm born and raised east Texas and want to see them do well.  Glad to see you're keeping track of me.  Having read your analysis of "talent" leading up to last year's semi-final game, most would do well to scroll right past you too.  But, then they would be missing out on a good laugh?  Try to get out more so you have a better awareness of what the talent levels are throughout the state and you  wouldn't overrate your home team so much.  

I dont pull for anyone else unless my team isnt playing. But, we have two young teams that have lost 17 or more kids from last years squads.  They are young, and have become the two strongest teams out of this region. Who tf cares about Refugio right now.  We will worry about that next week.  Get lost!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SAWolfman said:

I dont pull for anyone else unless my team isnt playing. But, we have two young teams that have lost 17 or more kids from last years squads.  They are young, and have become the two strongest teams out of this region. Who tf cares about Refugio right now.  We will worry about that next week.  Get lost!

Hey, that's how it should be.  I would like to see SA do good too and I wouldn't expect you to pull for anyone else.  I just have a sense of reality knowing what the other region brings to the table.  It doesn't mean I'm pulling for them.  Everyone loses players from previous year's squad.  Yep, worry about Mason/Refugio next week, but might be a good idea to view it through the lens of what happened last year when considering the "smack talk."

16 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Hey, that's how it should be.  I would like to see SA do good too and I wouldn't expect you to pull for anyone else.  I just have a sense of reality knowing what the other region brings to the table.  It doesn't mean I'm pulling for them.  Everyone loses players from previous year's squad.  Yep, worry about Mason/Refugio next week, but might be a good idea to view it through the lens of what happened last year when considering the "smack talk."

I'm talking smack on the team we are playing for the week.  We weren't supposed to be here...Not once have I went on here this year saying we are winning state.  You are the one on here saying no one wants Refurio or Mason!  They may slaughter either one of us next week or we may come out on top!  So quitting riding on top of em.

Two great teams going at it. This is gonna be one helluva game! I will admit that I did want a rematch with the Dawgs, but I'll take the Wolves too. Friday can't get here fast enough for me. Just hoping for an injury free game without any crazy acting fans. 🤣 

1 hour ago, Everide2016 said:

You know, I have no dog in this fight.. but I will say this.. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Mart kick Refugio's tail last year.

8 hours ago, DawgPound73 said:

No prediction from me,  I don’t like either team playing.   Is it softball/Baseball/track  season yet?  I heard Garrison was trash at everything but football so I’m looking forward to proven those folks wrong.   Dawgs 4 life!  

When I get into the ol stuffy gymnasium after a usually not-too-long football season, i likes to refresh myself with a big-old jug of Hateraide TM.. Try some son!

Speaking with Tiger coaches a few weeks ago and there was a saying brought up..... .”Ya can’t spread a spreader” meaning Tenaha defends the spread attack really well. Since the Tigers run this offense extremely well and the players understand the concepts they continue to have success against teams that operate in the spread. However the power run has given the Tigers a little struggle this year. They give up 400 yds to Joe and Cville had success but only 12 yds to Carlisle. I watched SA early in season and wasn’t impressed but as of late it seems they have it rolling and have become a more physical run team. I believe it will be a slug fest knock down drag out battle. Whoever comes out on top of this one will have earned it. IMO the game will be won in the trenches. Both have athletes. Defense ends will be key

27 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Speaking with Tiger coaches a few weeks ago and there was a saying brought up..... .”Ya can’t spread a spreader” meaning Tenaha defends the spread attack really well. Since the Tigers run this offense extremely well and the players understand the concepts they continue to have success against teams that operate in the spread. However the power run has given the Tigers a little struggle this year. They give up 400 yds to Joe and Cville had success but only 12 yds to Carlisle. I watched SA early in season and wasn’t impressed but as of late it seems they have it rolling and have become a more physical run team. I believe it will be a slug fest knock down drag out battle. Whoever comes out on top of this one will have earned it. IMO the game will be won in the trenches. Both have athletes. Defense ends will be key

But our size is about to over power Tenaha...just ask Garrison about that 2nd half.

39 minutes ago, SAWolfman said:

But our size is about to over power Tenaha...just ask Garrison about that 2nd half.

I don’t think it was size boss! Y’all beat us with 4 deep balls. If 11 stays at QB and keep 4 running downhill it should be a great game and I give advantage SA. If you put 11 at RB and try to outrun them Teneha will win! They have much more team speed than Garrison! 

26 minutes ago, AlphaDawg said:

I don’t think it was size boss! Y’all beat us with 4 deep balls. If 11 stays at QB and keep 4 running downhill it should be a great game and I give advantage SA. If you put 11 at RB and try to outrun them Teneha will win! They have much more team speed than Garrison! 

If you don’t think size had a factor, you weren’t at the same game I was at. Just ask your players if they got wore down. They’ll let u know they hadn’t ever had a game that physical 

• Mr. P changed the title to San Augustine (12-2) vs. Tenaha (10-3) Class 2A (D-I) Quarterfinals