Longview (13-0) vs. Spring-Westfield (12-1) Class 6A (D-II) Quarterfinals

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (13-0) vs Spring Westfield (12-1)  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Spring Westfield in a close one
    • Spring Westfield in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

I will say this...we did beat a strong Vandy team but they were without their defensive captain at LB, defensive lineman, and then a CB early in the third....outcome of the game would be the same but would have been more challenging I think.

I still believe Westfield is a different animal...size, speed, and ability....toughest defensive test so far....we will have to play 4 quarters in my opinion...getting to 40 will take a solid effort....

we win but will be our closest game since Rockwall or Lufkin...

LV 38 SW 20

(plus or minus a TD in either direction for either team)

4 hours ago, DAhomer said:

Longview will not score 40 points this game not saying they won't win. It will be closer than the Longview homers think.

Yea, we were told last week that we wouldn't even score 30 on Vandy's defense. And how the preps from Austin were gonna give us a hard time.

They got 56 hung on them.

Longview can move the ball against anyone. If you've seen Longview play, you'd know that.

3 hours ago, DAhomer said:

Vandy was horrible.  

Oh NOW they are horrible. Lol

Funny because leading up to that game, they were considered among one of the best in Texas.

But now that they were blown out, they were horrible.

When we score over 40 on Westfield, I guess they will be horrible too despite what you are saying about them right now.

• LOL! 1

So much talk about Westfield's defense...

No one mentioning that this will be the 1st D1 RB that Longview has seen all year.

Looking forward to seeing how our defense rises to the challenge. Fully expect them to.

2 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Lol what 

A 12-0 team that hadn’t allowed more than 24 points in a game all year before Longview is now all of a sudden horrible? 

Next thing he'll say is Horn is among the top teams in Texas to justify Westfield's close game vs them.

6 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Next thing he'll say is Horn is among the top teams in Texas to justify Westfield's close game vs them.

Horn was the worst team in the 3rd round they have one helluva kicker though.  Game Shouldn't have been close at half but it was, and if Westfield gives Longview short fields all game like they did Horn they will be ran off the field.  I fully expect Longview to win due Westfield being inept on offense they have playmakers all over the field #!1 is good and if he gets to the secnod level he is gone, but the qb is not very accurate and if you get pressure on him he will get skittish and make mistakes.  Westfield Won in spite of his poor play vs CY Ranch his 2 turnovers resulted in short field Td's by Cy Ranch.  If not for their defense Cy Ranch wins that game going away.  Qb play is in Longviews favor and is the reason why I say Longview wins but it wont be a blow out.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DAhomer said:

Horn was the worst team in the 3rd round they have one helluva kicker though.  Game Shouldn't have been close at half but it was, and if Westfield gives Longview short fields all game like they did Horn they will be ran off the field.  I fully expect Longview to win due Westfield being inept on offense they have playmakers all over the field #!1 is good and if he gets to the secnod level he is gone, but the qb is not very accurate and if you get pressure on him he will get skittish and make mistakes.  Westfield Won in spite of his poor play vs CY Ranch his 2 turnovers resulted in short field Td's by Cy Ranch.  If not for their defense Cy Ranch wins that game going away.  Qb play is in Longviews favor and is the reason why I say Longview wins but it wont be a blow out.

Mansfield timberview was the worst team I’ve seen in years make it to the third round horn would’ve smoke em. Shows how bad the top part of the 5A D1 bracket was, HP caked walked to the region championship. 

6 hours ago, DAhomer said:

NorthShore is on different level than anyone right now and that was the first game Westfield was without their starting qb.  Longview will not score 40 points this game not saying they won't win. It will be closer than the Longview homers think.

I think you might be wearing a surprised face on Saturday.😲 

8 hours ago, DAhomer said:

Westfields Defense is salty they are fast to ball and are aggressive.  #4 is a shut down corner the dline is big fast and nasty.  They like to hit till way after the whistle so them Longview boys better keep their head on a swivel.  There will be plenty of flags thrown when they are playing.  You will see.

Longview hangs its hat on being physical up front. Will not be a problem and wont work on trying to intimidate anyone. Will just be helping the longview offense with free yards if the dline is that undisciplined.

Going to be a great battle between #11 LGV  & #4 SW. Look forward to seeing it. 

All the talk about our great skill kids and they are great.  But that O line played 15 games last year against some of the best defensive players in the NATION and returned intact.  All 5 started.  Now they can add 13 more games with quality backups.  That line is a GREAT group.  Lobos roll!!!!!   Go Lobos 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DAhomer said:

This is how I see this game also. Westfield defense is much better than Vandy. They have more size and more athletes. There issue is they have a limited passing game. If they had their D1 QB I would call this game a toss up. They don't and Longview is the better passing team by far. I don't see Longview putting up 50 points on Westfield unless the Mustangs turn it over 3+ times. Westfield best offensive player is their tailback #1. He accounted for 200 of the 400 total yards Westfield had against us. Longview simply needs to limit him and force Westfield to pass. Assuming each team have the same amount of turnovers, I see this game Longview 35  Westfield 21

1 hour ago, Grainraiser said:

This is how I see this game also. Westfield defense is much better than Vandy. They have more size and more athletes. There issue is they have a limited passing game. If they had their D1 QB I would call this game a toss up. They don't and Longview is the better passing team by far. I don't see Longview putting up 50 points on Westfield unless the Mustangs turn it over 3+ times. Westfield best offensive player is their tailback #1. He accounted for 200 of the 400 total yards Westfield had against us. Longview simply needs to limit him and force Westfield to pass. Assuming each team have the same amount of turnovers, I see this game Longview 35  Westfield 21 

Thanks for the info, as a fan of a team who's played both teams. 

I agree 100% that Westfield's defense is extremely athletic- moreso than Vandy who were more disciplined. I don't know that Longview's offense will score all that much (definitely not the way they have all year), but I don't know that Westfield can keep up when it comes to points.