Harleton candidates

Destry

13 hours ago, justafan said:

I’ve heard keeling from Waskom is going to be offered the Center job!  He was in on the job last time it opened it up  

You should probably move this to the rumors, gossip. and hear say thread. First off it has nothing to do with Harleton job and secondly Keeling wasn’t in on the Center job last time. 

On 12/2/2018 at 7:29 PM, centex1 said:

I heard they are building a golf course close to Harleton along with an Ag teaching stipend to the AD. With roadside assistance for flat tires. Guys there is only man that can handle all that 1 state championship as a player 1 state championship as a coach one hot dog eating championship at the Louisiana state fair. Daniel Swaim. 

He is the man for the job.................however it may take a while to get that SC in golf.................

9 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

Posted today

How long will they keep it open? Had heard one time that they wanted him there when school resumed in jan. Better get after it then unless they already have one in house or will hire a retired one. 

Don't hire an old guy that's just gonna be there a few yrs.

Don't hire a young guy that just looking to use it as a stepping stone to get to a bigger job. 

Find a guy that #1 has proven he can turn around a program, even if he was a coordinator. #2 find a guy that wants to be in Harleton for an extended period, consistancy is a big deal for long term success 

7 minutes ago, spanky said:

Don't hire a young guy that just looking to use it as a stepping stone to get to a bigger job. 

Find a guy that #1 has proven he can turn around a program, even if he was a coordinator. #2 find a guy that wants to be in Harleton for an extended period, consistancy is a big deal for long term success 

@spanky

This is a formula that many, many schools should employ but few do.

They did contact Keeling. I know that for a fact. 2 of the board members told me. Keeling told them he couldn’t or wouldn’t come because he has kids in Waskom. He also said he wouldn’t come unless the job was AD/Head Football. He was there #1 choice. 

22 minutes ago, justafan said:

They did contact Keeling. I know that for a fact. 2 of the board members told me. Keeling told them he couldn’t or wouldn’t come because he has kids in Waskom. He also said he wouldn’t come unless the job was AD/Head Football. He was there #1 choice. 

I think you meant to post this on the Center thread.

36 minutes ago, justafan said:

No one said that they didn’t contact Keeling this time around but he was not in the running last time. That’s where your facts are wrong. 

14 hours ago, spanky said:

Disagree with ya...always look for the guy who is going to bring success how ever that comes. Don’t neglect the character of the coach either, just like we don’t need to neglect our own character development.

I think you missed my point, a guy that's been a HC for 15 yrs and won 60 games is not successful. That averages out to a 4-6 record. 

And either an old guy that's going to be there a few yrs and retire or a young guy that's going to be there a few yrs then move up, both are not good for long term success.  The school will be hiring a new AD and probably new assistants every few yrs. Schools that do that don't have continued/long term success.