Center opening

dillonpanthers

6 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

oh I had heard the tennis coach Leon Dykes was going to pull double duty there since he's been a winner...intensity is intensity...winning is winning!!!

Ah heck yeah. Coach Leon is good folk too. They named the new tennis facility after him. He's a winner!

2 hours ago, ETxFB299 said:

Should’ve gotten Kingsbury when we had the chance.  

Art Briles may be interested in getting back into the TX High School level.  He could fix it! 

Look for the beckville coach to get some interest. Doesnt he have some big school experience.

12 minutes ago, Destry said:

Look for the beckville coach to get some interest. Doesnt he have some big school experience.

MIKE BICKHAM
10 years; 71-44-0; 6-2-0

—staff, Plano East—
2001  Tenaha                            10-4-0 R
2002  Tenaha                            10-2-0*
2003  Brookshire-Royal              4-8-0 T
2004  Brookshire-Royal            12-2-0*
2005  Carthage                           7-5-0 T
2006  Carthage                           7-3-0
2007  —assistant, Tyler—
2008  —assistant, Tyler—
2009  Jasper                               8-3-0 R
2010  Jasper                               2-8-0
          ---assistant, Beckville---
2016  Beckville                            6-4-0
2017  Beckville                            5-5-0

2 minutes ago, odetoapig said:

I think they should give somebody new a chance.  No more recycling.

Amen.  Hire someone that hasn’t been on the scene.  We made a big hire on the last one and look how that worked out for us....

And I don’t think Beckville’s coach Would workout here.  Him and the last coach have similar “styles” 

41 minutes ago, ETxFB299 said:

Amen.  Hire someone that hasn’t been on the scene.  We made a big hire on the last one and look how that worked out for us....

And I don’t think Beckville’s coach Would workout here.  Him and the last coach have similar “styles” 

He cant even win at Beckville and want him at Center?

It doesn't matter who the coach is....Until the Board and Admin and community get on the same page nobody is gonna survive there. It's always been a political realm at Center ever since I played against em back in early 90's. It didn't matter how good you were.....only what was your last name or if your folks had money. Too bad.....Center has some awesome athletes and could be very good. But Center is gonna have to put in work and change the entire culture there

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BlueBlood99 said:

It doesn't matter who the coach is....Until the Board and Admin and community get on the same page nobody is gonna survive there. It's always been a political realm at Center ever since I played against em back in early 90's. It didn't matter how good you were.....only what was your last name or if your folks had money. Too bad.....Center has some awesome athletes and could be very good. But Center is gonna have to put in work and change the entire culture there

Word up my brotha and have an amen

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BlueBlood99 said:

We have a good board.  They allowed Barry Bowman to do whatever he thought he needed to do. Just couldn’t get it right.  

• Thanks 1

They must get the numbers back up.  They have only had 2 teams the last 3 seasons and that is unacceptable at the 4A level.  There are so many games lost for the young kids in those 3 years.  It was not that long ago that they had over 100 out for football now that number is in the 70 range.  Have heard a very bad rumor that hey are splitting the AD/Football job and the AD might be a coach of another sport.  I sure hope this is not the direction they choose because the Huntington blueprint of days past is not what you need to follow.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1