Center opening

dillonpanthers

22 hours ago, ETxFB299 said:

Amen.  Hire someone that hasn’t been on the scene.  We made a big hire on the last one and look how that worked out for us....

And I don’t think Beckville’s coach Would workout here.  Him and the last coach have similar “styles” 

From what I have seen in Center, If a football coach is going to be successful there, he has to be part high energy, passionate and kid driven (a little bit of a hype man) and part organized, detailed and an X & O guy. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ScottFrost said:

Center wants to became the new Huntington....Good job Admin and SB! 

If the Administration and School Board do decide to split the AD/Head Football Coach jobs, I think it will be more of a reflection on how poor a job Bowman did in leading the overall athletic program as opposed to any internal desire to become a "basketball" or "baseball" or even "soccer" school.

If Center has the money to hire an AD only to oversee athletics, then more power to them.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

17 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

If the Administration and School Board do decide to split the AD/Head Football Coach jobs, I think it will be more of a reflection on how poor a job Bowman did in leading the overall athletic program as opposed to any internal desire to become a "basketball" or "baseball" or even "soccer" school.

If Center has the money to hire an AD only to oversee athletics, then more power to them.

But doesnt every good football coach in HS want the AD role as well?

10 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

Poor job or not and money or not. Center is a small 4A. Not a Big 5A/6A in a big ISD like Dallas Or Houston. No way they hire a qualified HC. A good coach isn’t coming into a situation where he isn’t over the entire program. Whether that be a seasoned vet or younger coach trying to climb the ladder. There are to many variables that go into winning (hiring/appraisal of coaches, off-season program,  ect..) that he cannot control with him not being the AD also. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ScottFrost said:

Center wants to became the new Huntington....Good job Admin and SB! 

Just curious why you would include SB...Huntington was terrible at football long before their softball program became dominant. A girls program should have nothing to do with the success or failure of the football team...both sides can and are successful in many places.

2 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

Just curious why you would include SB...Huntington was terrible at football long before their softball program became dominant. A girls program should have nothing to do with the success or failure of the football team...both sides can and are successful in many places.

You're being funny about the SB right?

13 hours ago, odetoapig said:

Have heard a very bad rumor that they are splitting the AD/Football job and the AD might be a coach of another sport.  I sure hope this is not the direction they choose because the Huntington blueprint of days past is not what you need to follow.

Very bad idea in my opinion....in Texas anyway, in any smaller classification where there is one school in town and that school values football. The head football coach is THE leader of the athletics program. To do anything else sends the message that football is just another sport. And to some, it may be and that’s ok if it is what the community wants. But let’s be honest: IN TEXAS football is still king. And to be king in a school and community, the HFC needs to be the AD.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

Surely they don't want to go this route ... for smaller entities, this is not a proven method for producing successful football programs.

Now I understand, that from a research perspective, that this is a very small sample ... but these three programs I am familiar with that followed, or are following, down that path.

example.jpg