Center opening

dillonpanthers

Center’s athletes will not go 0-10, 1-9, etc.  

Regardless of what happens or who is hired, Center will have a competitive football team every year.  Was it a good idea to split it?  Probably not, however, if they hire a guy that knows his X’s & O’s, can relate to the kids, and is passionate about coaching football.....they will be fine. 

The AD role is administrative only.  That person won’t coach any sports at all! 

Splitting this job is not a reflection of the brass at Center ISD.   It’s a clear reflection of the previous AD’s mismanagement of the athletic department.  

Sounds to me like we are trying to save our program from whatever has went on these past few years. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

A rambling man. He get bored or what? I know that’s part of the profession with all the moving but he’s all over the place. 

From what I heard from several people he Is a Back Door Man.  It might be a rush at the time but will Get you in trouble every time 

• Like 3
  • LOL! 1

9 minutes ago, ETxFB299 said:

Center’s athletes will not go 0-10, 1-9, etc.  

Regardless of what happens or who is hired, Center will have a competitive football team every year.  Was it a good idea to split it?  Probably not, however, if they hire a guy that knows his X’s & O’s, can relate to the kids, and is passionate about coaching football.....they will be fine. 

The AD role is administrative only.  That person won’t coach any sports at all! 

A'int my circus, but i truly hope it works out ... sometimes adults forget it's all about the kids ... so I hope the change is good for them.

But I'm seeing Center with 3 or less wins for nine of the last twenty seasons ... I hope their decision is the right one.

31 minutes ago, ETxFB299 said:

Splitting this job is not a reflection of the brass at Center ISD.   It’s a clear reflection of the previous AD’s mismanagement of the athletic department.  

Sounds to me like we are trying to save our program from whatever has went on these past few years. 

That's unfortunate ... many negative actions affect people in the future who had nothing to do with the problem.yoyo.jpg

• Like 2

Looks like Center folks are trying to reinvent the wheel here. I was once told, by a very smart man “If you’re gonna cheat, cheat off the A student.” In other words, look around at places that are successful and see what they’re doing and you’re not, and try to use them as a pattern for building a successful program. Now, if they could only find a nearby school similar to their size that has had recent success, someone that they could copy? Anyone? Hello! ...........

Bueller? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Looks like Center folks are trying to reinvent the wheel here. I was once told, by a very smart man “If you’re gonna cheat, cheat off the A student.” In other words, look around at places that are successful and see what they’re doing and you’re not, and try to use them as a pattern for building a successful program. Now, if they could only find a nearby school similar to their size that has had recent success, someone that they could copy? Anyone? Hello! ...........

Bueller? 

Classic post!

7 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Bueller? 

Must say that there is a reason  when you head south from Carthage on Hwy 59 it hangs a right heads to Houston.

• Like 1

I've never been anywhere that the AD and Head football position was split so I have no idea how it is structured but it seems to me that if the head football coach did not have the AD responsibilities they would have some classroom duties. If that is the case there are not many experienced football coaches that would  go for that, at all!! Now, on the other hand, if the head football coach did not have any of the AD responsibilities and headaches AND also had no classes to teach, you might have a large number that would apply for that gig!!! 

Director of Athletics (Non-Coaching)

Job Reference Number 81537  
Location Center ISD  
Address PO Box 1689
City, State, Zip Code Center, TX 75935

Address P O BOX 1689
City, State, Zip Code Center, TX 75935

Job Description Direct and manage the overall program of extracurricular and intramural athletics for the district. Provide each student with the opportunity to participate in an extracurricular athletic activity and ensure compliance with all federal, state, University Interscholastic League (UIL), and local requirements. Possess a passion for sports and education and demonstrate an understanding of how young athletes should be developing into successful athletes, students, and young adults.

11 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

So are they going to wait to hire the new AD before they hire a head football coach? 

I would definitely think that the new AD would have to be in place and have a big say in who the new football coach would be since they will have to work together to make the whole athletic program a success. 

3 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

I would definitely think that the new AD would have to be in place and have a big say in who the new football coach would be since they will have to work together to make the whole athletic program a success. 

If the ad doesnt have a say, then time to update the ole resume!!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

Oh absolutely!!! I don't see how it would work at all if the AD was just a figurehead without any say so. That sounds like a sure fire recipe for disaster!!

Ok, hc is hired, then ad is hired and comes in with his holier than thou attitude and says to head coach, you know we have to run the spread in order to compete and the hc is a wing t or slot t guy, that is like pouring gasoline on a dumpster fire. Can i get an amen.

2 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

I figured that is what you meant.

Hearing some talk out of Center.

The Intermediate principal wants to be the Athletic Director.

The Junior High Principal wants to be Head Football Coach.

Both are former coaches, but neither have coached in over 10 years.

And, here is the kicker, both have sons in the program.

Hearing if this combination is hired, the counselors will be overrun with transfer demands!!

Things are getting interesting in a hurry. Bring on the popcorn and let the show begin.

Daddy ball!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1