Center opening

dillonpanthers

On 12/10/2018 at 1:22 PM, BoHogg said:

From this they are and listed as a non-coaching position.....http://careercenter.tasanet.org/job_listing.php?id=102030

I wonder how Center ISD taxpayers are going to react over the idea of paying that kind of $$ for someone who doesn’t teach any classes and doesn’t coach any sports. Torches and pitchforks anyone? 

22 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I wonder how Center ISD taxpayers are going to react over the idea of paying that kind of $$ for someone who doesn’t teach any classes and doesn’t coach any sports. Torches and pitchforks anyone? 

You would think they would attach an assistant Principal responsibility or a Dean of Students responsibility to the job to justify the Administrative requirements. 

3 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

No teaching and no coachen? Doomy wants in. I'll do it for cafeteria asst. pay and the prestige.

6 hours ago, Doomer said:

No teaching and no coachen? Doomy wants in. I'll do it for cafeteria asst. pay and the prestige.

No offense little buddy, but I figure them Center folks want someone a little more sophisticated than you. Skinning squirrels behind the field house is not a big deal at Joaquin or Beckville (heck you’d probably get some help) but it’s the kind of thing Center people tend to frown on. 

• LOL! 2

58 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

Take whoever wanted that 10-1 defense with you.

That is an interesting observation ... lots of technical discussion could be gathered around that comment.

People either hate it or love it ... my feelings are mixed - but if you get the Mike AND the Free Safety moving in the wrong direction, then you got issues.

3 hours ago, DOB said:

+100

+1000 I have 2 coaching friends at 2 different schools. Both are assistants at the school they graduated from currently. Both of them want to be head coaches one day. I've asked  them if they had the opportunity to take over their Alma Mater would they, both had the same answer, H**L NO!!!! It's hard enough being an assistant in your hometown, let alone being the head guy. 

Had an "Old Coach" tell me one time as I was trying to get a job in my hometown, "All anyone will ever remember is that snotty nosed punk you used to be, you have matured into and nice young man, but they will not see that.  Come back in about 15-20 years and see how it unfolds for you."  Never made it back because his words were true.  Old School Coaches were the best!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

When I decided to go into coaching back in high school I asked my AD/HFC for advice. He said to never go back to your hometown and told me it was his biggest mistake. He then said don’t forget what happened to Jesus after he went back to his hometown. Those words stuck and I’ve heard other coaches say the similar things. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScrappyDappyDoo said:

When I decided to go into coaching back in high school I asked my AD/HFC for advice. He said to never go back to your hometown and told me it was his biggest mistake. He then said don’t forget what happened to Jesus after he went back to his hometown. Those words stuck and I’ve heard other coaches say the similar things. 

That's a great advice. Speaking of that, one of the AD's in Dallas ISD is a Center native. Wonder would he be interested in coming back to east tx.

Looks like we gonna have a showdown between the coaches and the board members.....Both claim to know how to be successful.....But both are gonna try and show us by talking in circles and using secret names and try not to reveal their true identities......The whole problem with our current generation is lack of communication. If there are underlying problems going on in a program, how about the people involved get together and talk it out before it implodes. You know like the President and the coach and the superintendent. A house divided will never stand.... Gotta get on the same page folks. Have a conversation like adults....Just saying