Newton (13-0) vs. East Bernard (13-1), Class 3A (D-II) Semifinals

Eagles97

Newton vs EB  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Who Advances to the 3A Div II State Finals?

• East Bernard Brahmas
    • Newton Eagles

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/15/2018 at 01:00 AM

Ok I honestly don't think anyone can beat Newton after what they did last night. Newton CAN'T beat Newton this team is just loaded, too talented they can easily come back from any mistake they make. Seems like they are playing with a purpose which is scary. Good luck to everyone else.

• Thanks 1

Its gonna be very hard for EB to score in this game,  just like I have stated for several weeks now newton has one of the best run defenses in Texas ..  especially when they play teams running a SLOT T or WING T..    defense line is too stout and there is speed coming from every direction flying to the ball..  

the only thing that EB can bring to the table next week is their defense.. they tend to have a good defense but I don’t see them stopping newton..  too many weapons on offense.. including a freshman RB that on his first carry last night sliced through the daingerfield defense and scored just like he’d been doing it for 3 years already... 

really would not surprise me if newton shuts EB down..  I mean no disrespect to EB by no means!  But proofs in the pudding.. run heavy teams don’t do well at all against newton 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

Watched the Tidehaven/EB game, EB doesn't match up with Newton anywhere, size or speed. This will be a bad woodsheding I'm afraid. 

I don’t believe they will score wild..  a SLOT T or WING T OFFENSE isn’t gonna get it done..  defensive line is too stout and speed everywhere flying to the ball.. 

EB can only rely on their defense in this game unfortunately..  and that will not be good enough to slow Newton’s offense down

2 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

I don’t believe they will score wild..  a SLOT T or WING T OFFENSE isn’t gonna get it done..  defensive line is too stout and speed everywhere flying to the ball.. 

EB can only rely on their defense in this game unfortunately..  and that will not be good enough to slow Newton’s offense down

Plus EB doesn't throw the ball either very much. 

• Mr. P changed the title to Newton (13-0) vs. East Bernard (13-1), Class 3A (D-II) Semifinals