Newton (13-0) vs. East Bernard (13-1), Class 3A (D-II) Semifinals

Eagles97

Newton vs EB  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Who Advances to the 3A Div II State Finals?

• East Bernard Brahmas
    • Newton Eagles

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/15/2018 at 01:00 AM

5 hours ago, Owlfred said:

A look at Newton’s game videos tells me that their size, speed and raw talent will, as all of you seem to think, be far too much for EB, or anyone else, for that matter, to overcome.  But EB likely will put up a tougher fight than any other 3A team they’ve played.

The last time they were a four-TD-or-greater ‘dog deep into the playoffs was against Refugio.  EB beat them 43-22.

But this EB team doesn’t have the raw talent of its recent playoff teams.  They weren’t even picked to win district this year, even though they have gone at least three games deep  into the playoffs for the last ten years in a row.  This was supposedly a semi-rebuilding year. But they played hard and continued to improve each game.

But don’t underestimate the toughness and grit of these Bohemian kids.  They’re disciplined, they’re smart, and they Do. Not.  Quit.  Ever.  They’re a totally different type of people than you’re used to playing up in deep East Texas.  

You may win by as much as 40.  But I doubt.  My guess would be along lines of about 34-10. Turf field is going to keep it from being any closer, I expect.  Playing in the mud would make it interesting.

But I guarantee you one thing.  If Newton were going against EB in math, or science, or SAT scores, the Brimmers would beat hell out of them....

Newton's second stringers would score at least 50 .... there is no way EB holds Newton to anywhere close to 34 points .... Newton will win by 60+ without breaking a sweat .... 

1 minute ago, KirtFalcon said:

Newton's second stringers would score at least 50 .... there is no way EB holds Newton to anywhere close to 34 points .... Newton will win by 60+ without breaking a sweat .... 

Owlred maybe giving us a little too much credit in the smarts division. And i sure dnt know why he think we different then the rest of the state. We just gonna show up and play hard. Just like erbody else in Texas.

27 minutes ago, EBfreakydeaky said:

Owlred maybe giving us a little too much credit in the smarts division. And i sure dnt know why he think we different then the rest of the state. We just gonna show up and play hard. Just like erbody else in Texas.

Good answer. But just know you gonna get busted in the grill just like erbody in Texas. 

• Thanks 1

Barlow is a beast he kind of reminds me of zeke quick good vision fast cuts and break away speed can also use power. The only thing I see wrong is sometimes when he is running the ball he will let hang out there but with a good coach in college they will fix that. Four years of college and hard work and dedication I think we will see this kid playing on Sundays!

On 12/7/2018 at 8:40 AM, corrigancamden09 said:

Its gonna be very hard for EB to score in this game,  just like I have stated for several weeks now newton has one of the best run defenses in Texas ..  especially when they play teams running a SLOT T or WING T..    defense line is too stout and there is speed coming from every direction flying to the ball..  

the only thing that EB can bring to the table next week is their defense.. they tend to have a good defense but I don’t see them stopping newton..  too many weapons on offense.. including a freshman RB that on his first carry last night sliced through the daingerfield defense and scored just like he’d been doing it for 3 years already... 

really would not surprise me if newton shuts EB down..  I mean no disrespect to EB by no means!  But proofs in the pudding.. run heavy teams don’t do well at all against newton 

Pass happy teams do?

On 12/7/2018 at 5:37 PM, FigNewton98 said:

86-6 Newton I predict my Eagles hang 35 on them in the first quarter! If we wouldn’t started kicking field goals on first down in the 3rd quarter we would have strapped 100 on Daingerfield! 😂

Ha!! No doubt about it!

58 minutes ago, GTAlumnus said:

Pass happy teams do?

Well so far this year no offense has done well enough to beat them,  but the teams that were run heavy got completely shutdown CC being one of the victims..  

i think for a team to give newton a game they will have to have a really great passing game .. so great to the point that it opens up the running game..

i called it a few weeks back so I’m gonna go ahead and say it on here.. 

i believe it will be CANADIAN VS NEWTON for your state game

7 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Well so far this year no offense has done well enough to beat them,  but the teams that were run heavy got completely shutdown CC being one of the victims..  

i think for a team to give newton a game they will have to have a really great passing game .. so great to the point that it opens up the running game..

i called it a few weeks back so I’m gonna go ahead and say it on here.. 

i believe it will be CANADIAN VS NEWTON for your state game

I agree on the state game 

40 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

And I believe it could possibly be a great game! 

Canadian brings a heavy pass game to the table.... it's hard to pick against newton after seeing them in person against DF... I haven't seen Canadian this year

DF had some open receivers against newton but the QB was so rattled he over threw them and forced bad passes and INT's... I guess that's why gilmer had success they brought a decent passing game and ok O line, is their anyone capable of bringing a gilmer offense with a WOS defense? I doubt it

8 hours ago, JETT said:

Canadian brings a heavy pass game to the table.... it's hard to pick against newton after seeing them in person against DF... I haven't seen Canadian this year

Yes sir newton should most definitely win it all again!  If everything keeps going the same and no unfortunate injuries come up.. 

i haven’t got to watch any film on Canadian myself yet this year but I know their offense is a run and gun style type , they don’t beat newton but I believe it could be the toughest game since Silsbee WOS and Gilmer for them.. but nothing they can’t handle! 

• Mr. P changed the title to Newton (13-0) vs. East Bernard (13-1), Class 3A (D-II) Semifinals