Newton (13-0) vs. East Bernard (13-1), Class 3A (D-II) Semifinals

Eagles97

Newton vs EB  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Who Advances to the 3A Div II State Finals?

• East Bernard Brahmas
    • Newton Eagles

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/15/2018 at 01:00 AM

On 12/7/2018 at 9:17 AM, nopantzlance said:

#2 is a Junior.  #9 is the freshman that gets compared to Barlow.  Thats alot of weight to shoulder if you ask me.  

Newton is stacked for years to come. They have 8th graders coming up that are just as good. 

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, Newton2003 said:

No they on the fox app lol they say we aint seen no D like they got hahaha

I think most of us are realistic. EB has a very good defense, it’s been the strength of the team all year.  A couple of really good D lineman and linebackers, However IMO This team is not near as good as the 2012 state champion, and is not as good as the 2015 team that lost to Franklin in semis a game they probably should have won.  

I’ve seen Newton a couple of times, last year and they are much better.  My hope is EB is able to punch them in the mouth and create some turnovers and somehow control the clock.  I have seen teams for years against EB run the play clock down before snapping the ball,  EB needs to do that to limit Newton’s possessions. 

Here is your clock control......

score...count the clock for 2 minutes..... .punt...., score.......count the clock 2 min...punt......score...... Repeat.  Etc etc etc   

Pewitt tried it, Troup tried it. 

Bottom line is if you can’t get a first down, there is no clock control. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

15 minutes ago, armchair said:

score...count the clock for 2 minutes..... .punt...., score.......count the clock 2 min...punt......score...... Repeat.  Etc etc etc   

4AC51593-8B6C-40DC-BF92-E2F4D19C7B6E.gif

14 minutes ago, armchair said:

What on earth are you talking about? Troup came out passing and continued to try to throw the ball till the very end. Didn’t help but they tried. 

Ya know.. every day I find myself on YouTube watching all the newton clips over and over. They are really a very very physical team. Just like Gunter last year 1 half was all they wanted of Newton. The physicality of this team is really amazing. They will really knock the snot out of you !! Watch the clip of the Daingerfield game . It was brutal. I really wonder what the opposing players have to say about them. 

East Bernard has good line play and they won't quit. Plus they're not dumb enough to get on social media and irritate the purple beast. But.. it won't make a difference. These Newton Eagles are one for the history books. 53 - 7 Newton

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, donethat529 said:

Ya know.. every day I find myself on YouTube watching all the newton clips over and over. They are really a very very physical team. Just like Gunter last year 1 half was all they wanted of Newton. The physicality of this team is really amazing. They will really knock the snot out of you !! Watch the clip of the Daingerfield game . It was brutal. I really wonder what the opposing players have to say about them. 

East Bernard has good line play and they won't quit. Plus they're not dumb enough to get on social media and irritate the purple beast. But.. it won't make a difference. These Newton Eagles are one for the history books. 53 - 7 Newton

Their offense reminds me of Refugio I think it was in 2014. But their defense is better than anything I’ve seen at this level. 

41 minutes ago, EazyMoney said:

Not much respect for the EB defense that has only given up 120 points in 14 games. But, ok, sure 70-0.  

Well seeing that Newton has only giving up 110 points while scoring 703 points. Yeah I believe the 70-0 would be fair. Not to mention the strength of schedule between the two aren’t even on the same planet. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NorthTexasfootballmvp said:

Jett you were on the Gunter forum say Gunter is hands down better than Newton lol pass what your smoking!

That was last years thread man. You pulled up a topic from 2017 REALLY? Catch up man... and your right I did post that a year ago cause I thought they were and I got proved wrong... no where this year have I said Gunter is better than newton

ROOKIE

• LOL! 1

• Mr. P changed the title to Newton (13-0) vs. East Bernard (13-1), Class 3A (D-II) Semifinals