Newton (13-0) vs. East Bernard (13-1), Class 3A (D-II) Semifinals

Eagles97

Newton vs EB  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Who Advances to the 3A Div II State Finals?

• East Bernard Brahmas
    • Newton Eagles

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/15/2018 at 01:00 AM

It’s been a few years since I posted on here.  Read it occasionally but haven’t had a reason to post since EB played Franklin in semifinals in ‘15.   I would love to see the 2012 Brahma team take on this Newton team to see how they would do.  

As far as this year’s Brahmas I would say they have improved throughout the year. The defense has been very good all season.  The offense started slow but has improved.  Yes EB still runs the slot-t and uses multiple backs but they’ve thrown a few wrinkles in this year.    I’m impressed that they’ve continued to get better.  

With that said, I am realistic.   I would say since the state champion team in 2012 this is probably the 3rd best team EB has had since then.  Not a shot at these kids or the coaches. They’ve done a great job of beating who has been in front of them.  I think most from EB would agree Region 4 was weak.  Actually since Refugio moved down other than when Lexington was Reg 4 or when Blanco is up, there isn’t a whole lot of competition.    Boling is D1 now and they had a couple of good years with a superstar player but they weren’t a consistent force.  

I went to the Newton/ Boling game last year and was very impressed with Newton there and in the state game.  Newton is much better now so I know it will take an amazing effort to stay in the game with them.   

EB will probably have trouble moving the ball and they will have to come up with a different game plan.  Through the years EB says we’re going to do what we do and keep at it, even if it’s not working well (which doesn’t happen often).  They can’t do that this week. EB will have to get out of their comfort zone on offense.  The defense will fight hard and will have some success (don’t laugh).  EB will need to create multiple turnovers, play a clean game on offense, try to limit big plays. If EB plays a perfect game we will see what happens.  You can ask anyone that has played EB in the past they will fight and won’t quit.    

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BiggieSmalls said:

Can’t believe what I’m seeing here. 

Glad I came to the game Last night got to see some talented kids, nothing but respect for the figs good luck here on out, I'll see yall in D in a couple weeks.... is there room on the purple side for a Winona wildcat in dallas?

9 minutes ago, JETT said:

Glad I came to the game Last night got to see some talented kids, nothing but respect for the figs good luck here on out, I'll see yall in D in a couple weeks.... is there room on the purple side for a Winona wildcat in dallas?

Heck yea 

• Mr. P changed the title to Newton (13-0) vs. East Bernard (13-1), Class 3A (D-II) Semifinals