Mason or Refugio

Everide2016

Just now, bystander76 said:

So do you interpret it that he has to sit out or he can play. I was told it changed this last June and it’s rhe remainder or game plus first half of next 

The way I interpret the above rule is that it’s just for the game the player was ejected from. I’m looking to see if I can find a change but this is straight off the UIL site.

12 minutes ago, darktower said:

you are correct they changed the rule in june 2018--it is now remainder of contest plus first half of next---used to be 1st half of next only if it happened in second half---so this guy not only affected this game but the next one with a horrible call

Crazy

1 minute ago, LSUTIGERS said:

The way I interpret the above rule is that it’s just for the game the player was ejected from. I’m looking to see if I can find a change but this is straight off the UIL site.

Looks right. “Remainder of the game only.”

I hope that is correct....especially after seeing that game footage. 

• Like 1

this is from this this years rule book so I dont think the proposed change in june was implemented

9-1-4 TARGETING AND INITIATING CONTACT TO HEAD OR NECK AREA OF DEFENSELESS PLAYER (PENALTY Statement) PENALTY [ARTICLE 3 and ARTICLE 4]—15 yards. For dead-ball fouls, 15 yards from the succeeding spot. Automatic first down for fouls by Team B if not in conflict with other rules. For fouls in the first half: Disqualification for the remainder of the game. For fouls in the second half: Disqualification for the remainder of the game and the first half of the next game. If the foul occurs in the second half of the last game of the season, players with remaining eligibility shall serve the suspension during the first game of the following season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, darktower said:

this is from this this years rule book so I dont think the proposed change in june was implemented

9-1-4 TARGETING AND INITIATING CONTACT TO HEAD OR NECK AREA OF DEFENSELESS PLAYER (PENALTY Statement) PENALTY [ARTICLE 3 and ARTICLE 4]—15 yards. For dead-ball fouls, 15 yards from the succeeding spot. Automatic first down for fouls by Team B if not in conflict with other rules. For fouls in the first half: Disqualification for the remainder of the game. For fouls in the second half: Disqualification for the remainder of the game and the first half of the next game. If the foul occurs in the second half of the last game of the season, players with remaining eligibility shall serve the suspension during the first game of the following season.

I hope that ref sleeps good tonight!

22 minutes ago, LSUTIGERS said:

The announcer said the same thing you did

Just now, Everide2016 said:

SAWolfman is just doing what he does, trying to stir the pot and cause trouble.  I was on the field and both teams lined up and shook hands.  Get a life dude.

It was mentioned on the fox sports app...go read it yourself.

1 minute ago, Everide2016 said:

SAWolfman is just doing what he does, trying to stir the pot and cause trouble.  I was on the field and both teams lined up and shook hands.  Get a life dude.

You were probably the ref that ejected the QB from Mason....being the troll you are.

5 hours ago, bystander76 said:

So do you interpret it that he has to sit out or he can play. I was told it changed this last June and it’s rhe remainder or game plus first half of next 

He only has to sit out the remainder of the game he was ejected from...our #2 Bailey was ejected for targeting in the 1st playoff game against West Hardin...

• Thanks 1