Mason (14-0) vs. San Augustine (13-2), Class 2A (D-I) Semifinals

SAWolfman

SA vs Mason  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who Advances to the 2A Div I State Finals?

• Mason Punchers
    • San Augustine Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/15/2018 at 01:30 AM

Garrison played Mason a few years back in the semifinals and they had a stocky Mexican running back named Mora .... He looked like a baby in the face but he ran like a bulldozer ... He was short and very thick with legs like tree stumps.  He drug the Dawg defense up and down the field all night.  We stopped him for about 5 yards on a few of his runs.   Most of his runs were 10-20 yards long.  Like tackling a moving fire hydrant ... they won their first state championship that year ....

19 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Garrison played Mason a few years back in the semifinals and they had a stocky Mexican running back named Mora .... He looked like a baby in the face but he ran like a bulldozer ... He was short and very thick with legs like tree stumps.  He drug the Dawg defense up and down the field all night.  We stopped him for about 5 yards on a few of his runs.   Most of his runs were 10-20 yards long.  Like tackling a moving fire hydrant ... they won their first state championship that year ....

2011 was when they won state, not sure what that has to do with 2018

30 minutes ago, bystander76 said:

My sources from Refugio tell me that Mason is undersized and will try to run the ball long before going to the air 

Sources are telling you wrong.  I was at game tonight, very close to field, and Mason matched well with Refugio on size.  The starting QB (Otto) was playing phenomenal when ejected.  I thought that was going to be the game changer and it was, but it changed it in a different way than I thought.  From the point he was ejected, the rest of Mason's players picked it up a few notches and they were an absolute machine.  The backup QB did a good or better job and RB #41 was a total beast.  SA will need to find a way to corral him next week.  But, then they have at #2 at RB also very good a third RB that was good, can't remember his number.  

On defense, they were locked in all night.  It's going to be a good one.

1 hour ago, Everide2016 said:

Sources are telling you wrong.  I was at game tonight, very close to field, and Mason matched well with Refugio on size.  The starting QB (Otto) was playing phenomenal when ejected.  I thought that was going to be the game changer and it was, but it changed it in a different way than I thought.  From the point he was ejected, the rest of Mason's players picked it up a few notches and they were an absolute machine.  The backup QB did a good or better job and RB #41 was a total beast.  SA will need to find a way to corral him next week.  But, then they have at #2 at RB also very good a third RB that was good, can't remember his number.  

I watched online. Hard to get a good read looks like everyone moving in slow motion 

2 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

What was he ejected for and what time of the game ?...………...Asking from the fact that he could have to miss half of the game against S A

9 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

What was he ejected for and what time of the game ?...………...Asking from the fact that he could have to miss half of the game against S A

He only has to sit out the remainder of the game he was ejected from...our #2 Bailey was ejected for targeting in the 1st playoff game against West Hardin....

The rule was .....if it happened in the 1st half the player could play the next game, or if it happened the second half the player had to sit out the first half of the next game...however, the rule was amended this past year to state that the player only has to sit out the remainder on the game he is ejected from. 

20 minutes ago, BigTweet said:

He only has to sit out the remainder of the game he was ejected from...our #2 Bailey was ejected for targeting in the 1st playoff game against West Hardin....

The rule was .....if it happened in the 1st half the player could play the next game, or if it happened the second half the player had to sit out the first half of the next game...however, the rule was amended this past year to state that the player only has to sit out the remainder on the game he is ejected from. 

Read the UIL rules from June of 2018.  Depends on what he was ejected for.  If he was ejected for fighting, cussing at a ref, etc......he sits out the first half of the next game regardless.  

2 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Read the UIL rules from June of 2018.  Depends on what he was ejected for.  If he was ejected for fighting, cussing at a ref, etc......he sits out the first half of the next game regardless.  

I was speaking specifically about targeting, because that is what the Mason QB was ejected for...

Newton pulling for you, I do think they will try to take away the run on you guys. it's kinda your bread and  butter isn't it. They try to make you one dimensional with that being your weakest area.i know they were fairly stacked at the line of scrimmage and it looked like there def. front was penetrating pretty good messing up Refugio running to where they were going up the middle a lot right into mason's strength. they had some descent sized boys on the defensive front. I might be wrong, anyway Newton pulling for you.

14 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

I remember this kid.  His legs was crazy thick and as strong as an Ox.  Dragged the whole pile over and over again.

• Mr. P changed the title to Mason (14-0) vs. San Augustine (13-2), Class 2A (D-I) Semifinals