Mason (14-0) vs. San Augustine (13-2), Class 2A (D-I) Semifinals

SAWolfman

SA vs Mason  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who Advances to the 2A Div I State Finals?

• Mason Punchers
    • San Augustine Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/15/2018 at 01:30 AM

Mason will always be very disciplined. Tough hard-nosed football team. SA well always has speed and athletes. And whats scary is they are young. It will be a contrast. Of two different styles of play. Imo it will be close. Will give my prediction later. Just enjoy going this far. There are only 4 teams left in the  2a div 1 today that are still playing. 

• Like 1

We have to keep our emotions in check. Couple really silly penalties this past week that could be detrimental in a game like this one. We have to do like we did against Garrison and slow their offense down. The biggest thing we have to do is continue to play lights out in the 2nd half like we have been. Our games have been close thru 1&2 but 3&4 tell a whole different story. Our kids thrive when the fans get involved so I hope we show up in full force this week again and them folks from Mason forever remember the night the played the Wolves. 75972!!!

• Thanks 1

Errbody wants to talk about how good Mason is and all, but I gaurentee that Mason coaches will be telling them boys how good SA is. SA is big enough in the interior to run the ball between the tackles and have some success and that may actually be the key to a victory, when SA starts throwing the ball around haphazardly is when they seem to get into some trouble.. Bet murr pounds the rock awhile to see if he can get somthin going early. Js 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bystander76 said:

We have to keep our emotions in check. Couple really silly penalties this past week that could be detrimental in a game like this one. We have to do like we did against Garrison and slow their offense down. The biggest thing we have to do is continue to play lights out in the 2nd half like we have been. Our games have been close thru 1&2 but 3&4 tell a whole different story. Our kids thrive when the fans get involved so I hope we show up in full force this week again and them folks from Mason forever remember the night the played the Wolves. 75972!!!

Long drives and kill clock.  We gotta stop getting holding calls in the red zone.  14 points off the board.  Should have been a blowout against Tenaha.

Ready to see that super heavy package again 💪

41 minutes ago, CENTEXFAN said:

The mason QB ejection play.

No penalty. He lowered his head but only hit em with his shoulder. Seen this play 100 times this year with no flag.....Someone had a thread about targeting and several guys had good thoughts on it. Unless the ref has access to replay I don't believe a player should be ejected cuz it happens really fast sometimes

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

No penalty. He lowered his head but only hit em with his shoulder. Seen this play 100 times this year with no flag.....Someone had a thread about targeting and several guys had good thoughts on it. Unless the ref has access to replay I don't believe a player should be ejected cuz it happens really fast sometimes

Kid was already down.  Unnecessary roughness...but not targeting.

From that angle, you really can't even tell if he hit him at all.  He might have just rolled over behind the play.  The ref that threw the flat sure couldn't tell from where he was when he through the flag .... it seems to me one of the other officials should have thrown a flag if it was really targeting ...

• Like 1

Terrible call IMO. I’m actually glad he’s not suspended from this game. If we win I wanna win against their whole team that way there’s no * beside the W. Let the kids play. They’ve worked their butts off to be in this game. That kid is a stud, but so was Colt McCoy in 03 when we hung almost 50 on Jim Ned. 

6 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

Errbody wants to talk about how good Mason is and all, but I gaurentee that Mason coaches will be telling them boys how good SA is. SA is big enough in the interior to run the ball between the tackles and have some success and that may actually be the key to a victory, when SA starts throwing the ball around haphazardly is when they seem to get into some trouble.. Bet murr pounds the rock awhile to see if he can get somthin going early. Js 

I’m not a gambling man, but I bet he pounds it all night long until they prove they can stop it. 

• Mr. P changed the title to Mason (14-0) vs. San Augustine (13-2), Class 2A (D-I) Semifinals