Mason (14-0) vs. San Augustine (13-2), Class 2A (D-I) Semifinals

SAWolfman

SA vs Mason  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who Advances to the 2A Div I State Finals?

• Mason Punchers
    • San Augustine Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/15/2018 at 01:30 AM

On 12/7/2018 at 8:55 PM, trueblue82 said:

What kind of offense is Mason running? 

Mason is multiple on offense. They will runs some 2-Back gun with an H-Back, they will get in 4-Wide, and they will get under center in the power I.

They are pretty good sized up front and they are physical.

The Starting QB/FS Otto Walker is a very good athlete who is physical and can run it as well as sling it around.

Mason plays fundamentally sound football on both sides of the ball.

33 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Sounds about right.  I'm saying Mason 35-14.  I don't see Mason scoring less on SA than they did on Refugio, especially when they should have their QB for 4 quarters instead of only 1 1/2.

You might be right about Mason scoring 35 Ride,  but SA gonna score 36. Sorry man just had to. Everyone done counted us out and that’s ok. We been counted out all year, but we still here 

9 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

Mason is multiple on offense. They will runs some 2-Back gun with an H-Back, they will get in 4-Wide, and they will get under center in the power I.

They are pretty good sized up front and they are physical.

The Starting QB/FS Otto Walker is a very good athlete who is physical and can run it as well as sling it around.

Mason plays fundamentally sound football on both sides of the ball.

Looks like this one has all the makings of a great game. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, SAWolfman said:

From the looks of it we are playing a more physical Garrison imo

Probably about as accurate as an assessment can be without seeing them in person. I think the Mason QB is better than the Garrison QB, from what little I got to see in the 1st Half. Should be a very good ball game. If SA's passing attack had improved like I thought it would, this would be a no brainier. But, with the limited air attack, this one will probably be close.

On 12/8/2018 at 6:03 PM, SAWolfman said:

Kid was already down.  Unnecessary roughness...but not targeting.

If you slow it down, the mason kid was already dropping down for the tackle before the ball carrier’s knee or elbow or anything had touched the ground. No way you can stop at this point. Pulling for your Wolves , Wolfman!!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

Probably about as accurate as an assessment can be without seeing them in person. I think the Mason QB is better than the Garrison QB, from what little I got to see in the 1st Half. Should be a very good ball game. If SA's passing attack had improved like I thought it would, this would be a no brainier. But, with the limited air attack, this one will probably be close.

It's improved if Tijay is at QB.  Barnes is careless with the ball and doesnt have a great arm on him.  

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:02 PM, bystander76 said:

You might be right about Mason scoring 35 Ride,  but SA gonna score 36. Sorry man just had to. Everyone done counted us out and that’s ok. We been counted out all year, but we still here 

I'd be good with that if you are correct.  It would be good to see a Region 3 team take one, but I'm going to have to see it before I go with them, too many years of hearing how good they are to then see them manhandled in the semi-final game.  I live in NW Austin, but will be in Waco Thursday.  Having a tough time deciding whether I'm going to stick around for this game at 7:30 and then have to drive home that late or return home and catch Mart vs Falls City in Georgetown.  This will be the better game if San Augustine is as good as SAWolfman thinks they arenull

Mason seems to be a physical , physical team that is good but they tend to beat teams down and the second half kinda take control. If your offensive line can hold it own and the defensive front hold up you will win. Its going to be a dogfight, a real slobber knocker. Just take it to them. Win and your are  playing for all the marbles. Newton folks pulling for the Wolves !!!

• Like 1

Use your 300 pound linemen and pound the ball for the first half and wear the Mason d line down and then start trying to get outside some for big chunks...if you can get meaningful drives inside you may be able to dictate the game to them...somthing nobody else has been able to do all year..good luck wolves.

Otherwise they would be playing in this...

From Sean Bellafiore:

All eyes are on our next storm system, arriving Thursday, which will bring very strong wind gusts to the entire area and a potential for some wintry weather to some of Central Texas. For the remainder of the day today, highs climb into the mid 60s with only a few peeks of sunshine here and there. We'll also have a 20% chance of an afternoon shower, but better rain chances return during the overnight hours.

Rain chances overnight tonight hover near 50%, mainly east of I-35. There could be an isolated thunderstorm or two thrown into the mix, but severe weather is highly unlikely tonight. With mostly cloudy skies, overnight temperatures drop into the mid 50s by morning. Thursday's front arrives with a roar during the morning and afternoon. Winds ahead of the front will gust to near 30 MPH, but behind the front, winds will gust between 35 and 50 MPH. The highest wind gusts on Thursday come west of I-35 and those strong winds will remain in place all through the night Thursday. High wind gusts will cause issues for driving, especially on east/west highways, and high profile vehicles will need to take extra care on the roads from Thursday afternoon through Friday. Temperatures on Thursday climb into the upper 50s and low 60s, but those temperatures will drop into the 40s and 50s by the end of the afternoon. Rain chances during the day aren't too high, however, and should remain near 20%

The strong wind gusts remain in place Thursday night, but we'll be keeping a close watch on the temperatures. Although temperatures through Thursday night should remain above freezing (but ranging from 34° to 40°), there will be a chance for a rain/sleet/snow mixture along and west of I-35. Ground temperatures will be warm enough that there isn't much of a potential for accumulation. There is a chance that the wintry mix turns over to wet snow in Mills and San Saba County. If this were to occur, there could be as much as 2" of accumulation in those areas. Roads could potentially turn a bit slushy and in combination with the high winds, it could make for hazardous driving conditions. Precipitation chances Thursday night will be between 40% and 60% with the highest chances coming west of I-35.

Any precipitation that falls Thursday night should exit from west to east Friday morning. Skies gradually clear form west to east throughout the day Friday, but high temperatures will only remain in the mid/upper 40s. Northwest winds should still gust to near 35 MPH, especially during the morning, but wind gusts will gradually subside into the afternoon and evening. Despite the messy and windy weather in the forecast Thursday into Friday, Saturday and Sunday's weather should be fantastic as high temperatures climb into the upper 50s and low 60s with mostly sunny skies. Morning temperatures, both on Saturday and Sunday, will be a bit cool in the low/mid 30s.

On 12/9/2018 at 8:22 PM, grinder said:

on texas 2a football it seems mason folks dont think san augustine plays enough defence. tighten up wolves

9 in box asked the QB to throw at least 5 yards wins this game easily. SA should be a 3A school along with Shelbyville, Garrison, and Beckville with those huge school districts. When I was school Central Height was in our district for basketball in class A. Central Heights is now a 3A! I know CH school district isn't bigger than Garrison, Shelbyville and SA. Heck Brodaus and Martinsville are 2 A school hahaha

13 hours ago, Wolves75972 said:

Ya we swept the floor with Tenaha last week and all of their district in prior weeks. BTW we play Friday since that’s what you’re trying to get at. 

I taught they switched the game to Thursday?

• Stinks 1

• Mr. P changed the title to Mason (14-0) vs. San Augustine (13-2), Class 2A (D-I) Semifinals