Mason (14-0) vs. San Augustine (13-2), Class 2A (D-I) Semifinals

SAWolfman

SA vs Mason  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who Advances to the 2A Div I State Finals?

• Mason Punchers
    • San Augustine Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/15/2018 at 01:30 AM

Ok and just because he picks mason, we're supposed to give up and not play, man S.A. ftw. 

Used to the Hate

Bar none, fade em all

They give us pretty decent ratings at the beginnings of the season but after that I never listen or trust em. Bearly see them or hear about them ever following our games. Biased people.

• Mr. P changed the title to Mason (14-0) vs. San Augustine (13-2), Class 2A (D-I) Semifinals
21 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

Use your 300 pound linemen and pound the ball for the first half and wear the Mason d line down and then start trying to get outside some for big chunks...if you can get meaningful drives inside you may be able to dictate the game to them...somthing nobody else has been able to do all year..good luck wolves.

If SA strategy is to wear down Mason, they might want to rethink that. Mason is as difficult to wear down as Mart ... doesn't happen.

• Stinks 1

Well today is the day and now is the time for the Wolfpack to take that next step and make it to the Finals. It won’t be easy, but this is what you’ve worked your butts off for. Leave it all on the field, have no regrets, play with heart and grit and I know you’ll be victorious. Gotta play smart, hard nosed football. Just when you think you can’t go another yard, focus on the prize and dig a little deeper. Super Heavys will have to open up creases like they never have. Hoping for a good, clean, injury free game for both squads. 

7375A39A-6D01-44CA-BFCC-217FE4F75D35.jpeg

2 hours ago, bystander76 said:

Hey you’re entitled to your opinion even if it’s wrong, but when we win don’t you disappear into the abyss. You come on back and eat some crow. BTW where is Bosqueville playing this week?

I'm not going anywhere.  I don't gloat when we win and I don't make excuses when we lose.  I can eat crow with the best of them, done it many times lol.  You be sure and do the same if the outcome doesn't go your way.

It's funny, I just saw this thread and thought I would post my prediction, along with the others, based on the understanding I have of both teams and be on my way.  I never expected to get into a back-and-forth for this long.  Plus I don't believe I'm the only one here who has predicted a Mason win.

And yes, we're enjoying round ball season along with all the other 2AD1 schools except four of them.  If I had a nickel for every time someone asked that question on these forums......  We're not your opponent tonight so whether or not my kids school is playing or not is irrelevant to this thread.   No need to get personal just because a guy has a different opinion - shows a lack of class.

With that said both teams are very impressive and I hope it's a good game with no injuries.  Best of luck to both.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bonecrushr said:

I'm not going anywhere.  I don't gloat when we win and I don't make excuses when we lose.  I can eat crow with the best of them, done it many times lol.  You be sure and do the same if the outcome doesn't go your way.

It's funny, I just saw this thread and thought I would post my prediction, along with the others, based on the understanding I have of both teams and be on my way.  I never expected to get into a back-and-forth for this long.  Plus I don't believe I'm the only one here who has predicted a Mason win.

And yes, we're enjoying round ball season along with all the other 2AD1 schools except four of them.  If I had a nickel for every time someone asked that question on these forums......  We're not your opponent tonight so whether or not my kids school is playing or not is irrelevant to this thread.   No need to get personal just because a guy has a different opinion - shows a lack of class.

With that said both teams are very impressive and I hope it's a good game with no injuries.  Best of luck to both.

apparently you can dish it out, but can't take it...it's ok I get it.  Appreciate the good luck gesture tho...tell ol Charlie Prouse hello

• Stinks 1

I had an older gentleman teach me a very valuable lesson in life on how to evaluate character in a person....... It’s that you can tell a lot about a person in how well they handle victory and defeat. Life will be filled with both instances so don’t let either outcome define you as an individual..... Sorry for the preaching post... Just getting sick and tired of all the childish back and forth on Smoaky. I feel like I am back in grade school. Kids read this stuff. Let’s show em how to act and treat others with respect. We are more influential as adults than we realize I’m afraid..... Peace out . Have a great game and may the best team win

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

17 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

I had an older gentleman teach me a very valuable lesson in life on how to evaluate character in a person....... It’s that you can tell a lot about a person in how well they handle victory and defeat. Life will be filled with both instances so don’t let either outcome define you as an individual..... Sorry for the preaching post... Just getting sick and tired of all the childish back and forth on Smoaky. I feel like I am back in grade school. Kids read this stuff. Let’s show em how to act and treat others with respect. We are more influential as adults than we realize I’m afraid..... Peace out . Have a great game and may the best team win

Very true...but a little smack talk as long as it doesn’t cross the line doesn’t hurt either. I can assure you I’ve lost way more times than I’ll ever win and that’s ok. Will I gloat a little if we win, you bet, but I’ll also be the first to congratulate the Punchers if they win and to me that’s fair enough. Folks need to quit wearing their feelings on their sleeves

1 hour ago, bystander76 said:

apparently you can dish it out, but can't take it...it's ok I get it.  Appreciate the good luck gesture tho...tell ol Charlie Prouse hello

Offering up a score prediction, and one that suggests a fairly close game, is not dishing it out.  It's simply stating who I think will win and by how much.

Asking the "who are you playing this week" question is much closer to dishing it out.  No problem going around about the score of THIS game, but you're the one who went off topic and drug another school into it.  Seems like my score prediction got you a little butt hurt to go there, or maybe just the fact that I don't agree?

Let's let the kids play tonight and that will decide who says what on here.